Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
it wouldn't surprise me if the new iphone had two lightning ports, specifically to shut people up who want to charge and listen at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

it wouldn't surprise me if the new iphone had two lightning ports, specifically to shut people up who want to charge and listen at the same time

this, this is the dumbest idea

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

C.H.O.M.E posted:

this, this is the dumbest idea

the ostensible reason to delete the headphone port is to make the phone thinner.

the socket for the lightning port is thinner. so, instead of 1x 3.5mm and 1x lightning, you get 2x lightning. presumably one on top, one on bottom.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
be cool if they let you double up on charging that way too, that way all these loving music addicts can maybe find a 30 minute window where they dont have to keep their phone strapped to a charger to peep those sick new vampire weekend beats

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
2 chargers, 1 phone

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

you can only charge on one of them though. one input, one output.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Questionable Apple Guerrilla Marketing

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/760423372576681985

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

:thejoke: it's a toomah

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

who goes around asking for a sim ejector tool? how often are you swapping sims around? are you one of those poors who switches prepaid plans every other month to save an extra $1?

ranting about "poors" doesn't change the fact that people always lose it and ask to borrow one when they need it, unless you somehow live an existence lacking family, friends, and co-workers. poors, amirite? cattes. tim‏‏b. cosbycoin.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the ostensible reason to delete the headphone port is to make the phone thinner.

the socket for the lightning port is thinner. so, instead of 1x 3.5mm and 1x lightning, you get 2x lightning. presumably one on top, one on bottom.

goddamn

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i've literally never been asked for a sim ejector tool (whereas i've been asked for chargers of various types). most people never change sims and if they do, it's because their died so they went to an apple/carrier store, or they're switching phones, in which case the new one likely has a sim ejector tool they'll use once then never need again until they get another phone

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

it's fascinating how nerds are fixated on the frequency of their use of a sim ejector tool. like, the point was that it's another thing that comes boxed with the iphone that people don't hang on to

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
if they're not going to have two lightning ports then they must be planning to do wireless charging

i just can't imagine they're gonna release an iphone that won't simultaneously charge and play wired audio. that's just crazy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
read between the lines. apples unspoken slogan is "gently caress you, got mine"

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i just can't imagine they're gonna release a macbook that won't simultaneously charge and use an external drive. that's just crazy

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
using an external drive is an obscure corner case

charging and playing at the same time is a thing that every ipod ever has needed to do

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

if they're not going to have two lightning ports then they must be planning to do wireless charging

i just can't imagine they're gonna release an iphone that won't simultaneously charge and play wired audio. that's just crazy

heres to the crazy ones

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

is the sim ejector tool some special thing or can you just stick a straight pin into the hole?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

is the sim ejector tool some special thing or can you just stick a straight pin into the hole?

you can use a paper clip. these ppl are insane and having mental problems.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

a paperclip will work, which is why it's a useless thing shipped in the box and the comparison to past phones is dumb

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Jonny 290 posted:

be cool if they let you double up on charging that way too, that way all these loving music addicts can maybe find a 30 minute window where they dont have to keep their phone strapped to a charger to peep those sick new vampire weekend beats

vampire weekend is effectively un-listenable to me because every car I plug my phone into a car A-Punk starts playing due to the fact that 90% of vehicle have the same garbage iPod playback software that was thrown together in 2003 when some product manager demanded that they immediately support this new iPod thing that people are somehow choosing over superior MP3 players that just expose the raw filesystem like god intended.

Every time I turn the ignition, it thinks I want to start playing Song #1 of 18,667. Bluetooth solves this problem, thus marking the only time in history when a wireless connection was superior to a wired one.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Toady posted:

a paperclip will work, which is why it's a useless thing shipped in the box and the comparison to past phones is dumb

Smythe posted:

you can use a paper clip. these ppl are insane and having mental problems.

lovely paperclips will bend/gently caress up though, and the larger ones that wont bend so easily wont fit in the hole

safety pins work a lot better

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mishaq posted:

lovely paperclips will bend/gently caress up though, and the larger ones that wont bend so easily wont fit in the hole

safety pins work a lot better

Cool sim tray strats... Freak.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.amazon.com/Opener-Ejector-Eject-Removal-Remover/dp/B014ZW7I94

I order one of those roughly every 3 months?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

how the gently caress does anyone need to swap sims 30 times in 3 months

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

Cool sim tray strats... Freak.

lol if you dont swap sims (:wink:) regularly during long periods of international travel

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

when you're on an epic year+ long trip around the world???

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

he didn't say he was using them for ejecting sims

maybe he uses them as very thin sounding rods with his swinger buddies

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

he didn't say he was using them for ejecting sims

maybe he uses them as very thin sounding rods with his swinger buddies

echis eject0r

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

echis eject0r

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Toady posted:

ranting about "poors" doesn't change the fact that people always lose it and ask to borrow one when they need it, unless you somehow live an existence lacking family, friends, and co-workers. poors, amirite? cattes. tim‏‏b. cosbycoin.

You're a bad poster and should go away

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

You're a bad poster and should go away

he's extremely bad

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

my thirty dollar apple brand micro usb to lightning adapter has gone bad after less than a year. i will never buy a phone without a 3.5mm audio jack.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
in 2017 buying a phone because it has a 3.5mm jack will be the same as buying a phone because it has a removable battery in 2015

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

in 2017 buying a phone because it has a 3.5mm jack will be the same as buying a phone because it has a removable battery in 2015

you know what no one will be buying in 2018, even if this idiotic removal does become widespread? lightning jack headphones.

proprietary standards don't last

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
wrong bitch every headphone sold at the Apple store will have them and every non poverty OEM will have them as an option

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
tim cook is literally a robot that smiles and says "Sounds Good, Ship It"

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Polo-Rican posted:

tim cook is literally a robot that smiles and says "Sounds Good, Ship It"

samsung 5th column

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

are you one of those people who doesn't "Get" music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

if i am not pumping The Hackers Soundtrack the entire time i am at the office i do not get jack poo poo done due to my Internet-Induced ADHD, a.k.a. Millennialism.

• Locked thread