Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

People who have the TV on while they're doing something else, I reckon. And sometimes they look up from folding laundry to see some familiar yellow shapes, and they know some things are forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I like how no one watched the iHeartRadio thing

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
OK new Simpsons. I guess it's not getting canceled because I think they would have announced that before the season starts to juice ratings for the last year.

Mr. Burns uses a Bring Your Kid to Work day as a front to scam Springfield's kids into child labor, which in a roundabout way leads to him learning the workers hate him.

He goes undercover in basically a human suit (voiced by the drunk sheriff from Stranger Things).

The new Carl isn't quite right but I guess it's better than having one of the ancient cast members verbally die in front of you.

There's a montage of Burns making friends with Homer et al. set to "Why Can't We Be Friends" but it sounds like it was sung by the cast.

They mention the Lady Gaga episode. Apparently, her making friends with them and never coming back made Marge suspicious of new people.

Burns decides he'd rather live as Fred. Fred gets elected union president so he pretends to get everything the union wants.

Naturally, when the union gets everything they want, the plant goes to poo poo because you see it's super bad when workers get treated well and also all union demands are extravagant bullshit like chocolate fountains and whatnot. Smithers gets Homer to reveal the ruse. The end.

It's bad.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

OK new Simpsons. I guess it's not getting canceled because I think they would have announced that before the season starts to juice ratings for the last year.

Mr. Burns uses a Bring Your Kid to Work day as a front to scam Springfield's kids into child labor, which in a roundabout way leads to him learning the workers hate him.

He goes undercover in basically a human suit (voiced by the drunk sheriff from Stranger Things).

The new Carl isn't quite right but I guess it's better than having one of the ancient cast members verbally die in front of you.

There's a montage of Burns making friends with Homer et al. set to "Why Can't We Be Friends" but it sounds like it was sung by the cast.

They mention the Lady Gaga episode. Apparently, her making friends with them and never coming back made Marge suspicious of new people.

Burns decides he'd rather live as Fred. Fred gets elected union president so he pretends to get everything the union wants.

Naturally, when the union gets everything they want, the plant goes to poo poo because you see it's super bad when workers get treated well and also all union demands are extravagant bullshit like chocolate fountains and whatnot. Smithers gets Homer to reveal the ruse. The end.

It's bad.

This is extra bad because Last Exit to Springfield has a shot at best episode of all time and I’m sure this takes a giant dump all over that wonderful little piece of satire.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PostNouveau posted:

Hahaha gently caress you Al Jean you piece of poo poo

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

PostNouveau posted:

It hasn't been renewed yet, although they have enough holdover episodes that they would still have an abbreviated season 33 if it did get canceled. I did think this might end up being the last season but with animation being the only thing that's fairly covid-proof they'll probably go ahead and renew it.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hahaha gently caress you Al Jean you piece of poo poo

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I'd kinda like to meet Al Jean, I think we'd connect. We're both named Al, so he'd probably give me a job on the simpsons.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Al Jean, there are multiple recorded instances of people going 'lol' and even 'lmao' at some of my posts, and in 2016 someone emptyquoted me (check out the url at the bottom of my resume).

I am obviously better qualified than your rotating gaggle of Harvard dipshits, hire me

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Phlegmish posted:

Al Jean, there are multiple recorded instances of people going 'lol' and even 'lmao' at some of my posts, and in 2016 someone emptyquoted me (check out the url at the bottom of my resume).

I am obviously better qualified than your rotating gaggle of Harvard dipshits, hire me

this is dangerously overqualified for modern simpsons

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Phlegmish posted:

rotating gaggle of Harvard dipshits, hire me

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I remembered it as a background and not a foreground gag, but check this out:

From "Dead Putting Society," S02E06.

It's a Muhammed Ali gator, but nobody feels the need to have Homer point this out and laugh uproariously. Or not get it, so Lisa explains it to him and he laughs uproariously. Just kinda there for a throwaway second that they don't care if you miss.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
What about that makes it a Muhammad Ali gator and not just a generic boxing gator?

edit: ooooh, Muhammad Ali Gator

SweetMercifulCrap! fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 29, 2020

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The fact that the latest simpsons massively outperformed all the other shows at the same time slot, and even more than doubled all the fox animation that night(admittedly also bad) is staggering.

Who are these people tuning in to the Simpsons, but somehow not an itinerant bored tv watcher?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

so this was on FXX the other night

quote:

The Simpsons go to Diz-Nee-Land (a parody of the theme park Disneyland). After a long journey, they dislike all of the rides they visit, and decide to go to "Rocket to Your Doom", a just-opened queue-less ride which was not on the map. They get in and it immediately transforms into a spaceship. At first, the family is skeptical, but a screen appears with Kang and Kodos on it telling them that they are being taken to their home planet Rigel 7. At the planet, Kang and Kodos show them around in a giant pet cage and the Simpsons are informed they are prisoners. Then they are taken as exhibitions to a zoo. After a while, they are informed they must choose one of them to be dined in a ritual. Everybody votes for Homer (even he changes his vote from Bart to himself after seeing the other votes).

Afterwards, Homer is seen walking in something that looks like bacon underwear, to be eaten, but he gets rescued by some hippie-looking Rigelians who believe that eating other sentient species is wrong. After an excessive party, he gets on another spaceship only for one that also pleases all desires, but he realizes he will not enjoy it without his family and goes back to rescue them. The Rigelians have decided to eat the rest of the family and they are glazed over giant plates with some lettuce and tomato. When Homer offers to be eaten instead, he gets put on a similar plate and annoys the Rigelian chef by eating the glaze and claiming he did not get any. The Rigelian Queen then eats Homer's previously off-camera severed buttock and gets poisoned because of the fast food life they all lead; even Lisa is the most polluted of them all and would be better chewing tobacco like Bart. The Rigelian Queen dies from the poison.

Following the Rigelian Queen's death, the Simpsons get sent home on a spaceship that looks like the interior of the original starship USS Enterprise. They set course to Earth, but after a call from Grampa Simpson, the family decides to go anywhere else but home.

Wow, this is terrible, wonder what production was like

quote:

Just prior to the broadcast of the episode, Al Jean and David Mirkin wrote on Twitter that the episode (which had been produced in 2012 and was originally set to air on May 19, 2013[2]) had been held back

Because they were dissatisfied with this clearly stupid idea, right? RIGHT?!?

quote:

because it was being "seriously considered" for adaptation into a sequel film[4] of The Simpsons Movie, as the episode was "very cinematic;"

:stare:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ikanreed posted:

The fact that the latest simpsons massively outperformed all the other shows at the same time slot, and even more than doubled all the fox animation that night(admittedly also bad) is staggering.

Who are these people tuning in to the Simpsons, but somehow not an itinerant bored tv watcher?

The only people left who still watch broadcast TV.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Diz-Nee-Land (a parody of the theme park Disneyland)

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I dunno, man, seems like you're reaching

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hasturtium posted:

I dunno, man, seems like you're reaching

It's no Ali Gator, but OG Simpsons was always so on the nose

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
"Homer's severed buttock" would be a funny username

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Hedgehog Pie posted:

*appends to thanks-wikipedia.txt*

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

ikanreed posted:

It's mostly just people who got up and left the tv on after football log enough for it to count. This happens every year and as soon as there isn't a game the ratings will drop down to the level of the other Fox shows.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I watched the new episode and the biggest laugh I got was hearing Marge's voice for the first time in years.

Didn't notice the new Carl most the time because really all the voices have mutated.

It was kind of amusing hearing Burns' old man-isms coming out of a young blue collar persona.

Drink-Mix Man fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 29, 2020

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Itchy and Scratchy Land episode is so perfect. They can't help themselves and make an episode to ruin perfectly good ones.

To my girlfriend's annoyance, I'll always say "Remember, we're in the Itchy lot" whenever we get out of the car somewhere.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Phlegmish posted:

Hey you joke, but buddy I WENT to Harvard.

Then, shortly afterward, I went home, because they would not let me into the library without a harvard student id

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

Oh god I just wanted to know if they were replacing Dr. Hibbert too, read the first news article I could google (answer is yes, doesn't name any particular actor though), and absent mindedly took a glance at the comments, one of which was "the simpsons are yellow, does this mean they'll get chinese actors to replace them??" jesus loving christ

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FunkyAl posted:

Hey you joke, but buddy I WENT to Harvard.

Then, shortly afterward, I went home, because they would not let me into the library without a harvard student id

You certainly have the ego of a harvard student

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

dracky posted:

Oh god I just wanted to know if they were replacing Dr. Hibbert too, read the first news article I could google (answer is yes, doesn't name any particular actor though), and absent mindedly took a glance at the comments, one of which was "the simpsons are yellow, does this mean they'll get chinese actors to replace them??" jesus loving christ

Do you ever get the urge to start rooting for team greenhouse gases

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Milo and POTUS posted:

Do you ever get the urge to start rooting for team greenhouse gases

You don't have to root for it, it's already too late.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I don't get why they're replacing so many actors yet still keeping Marge's current VA who at this point sounds like nails on a chalkboard that's also made out of nails.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I have a theory they’re actually replacing voices so they don’t have to pay the voice actors as much.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The_Rob posted:

I have a theory they’re actually replacing voices so they don’t have to pay the voice actors as much.

Almost certainly factors in.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
When was the first time they tried replacing most of the cast anyway? Around seasons 9-10? Hence that throwaway "And no one can tell the diddly-ifference!" gag.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They couldn't replace any of the main ones without the other ones walking. The main cast has stuck together very well in the past.

They also probably couldn't get top tier talent to replace them. I doubt, like, Maurice LaMarche would be like "Yeah, I'll take Hank Azaria's job, sure!" so it would have to be nobodies.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Hedgehog Pie posted:

When was the first time they tried replacing most of the cast anyway? Around seasons 9-10? Hence that throwaway "And no one can tell the diddly-ifference!" gag.

the Futurama podcast episode has the opposite joke... they can't replace the actors, but all the writers have been replaced

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/mattselman/status/1312912407795167232?s=21

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

no

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

...is that from an actual episode

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/BabyLamb5/status/1312913350276177920

https://twitter.com/Alex_Simpsons23/status/1312912512619220992

These are the people left watching the show (who aren't constantly asking for ninjas).