Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

That surprise was spoiled by the Civil War Lego sets that were leaked a few weeks ago. :smith:

Yeah but not everyone collects Lego or is aware of that spoiler. Which is why I didn't link it myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I have a crap load of DCUC figures I have no interest in and I'm curious about trying my hand at customs rather than selling them at a huge loss. Is there a single good resource to learn how to do this?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You talk as if they arent going to show that in the trailer as the big "THINGS ARE HEATING UP" final 5 seconds.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Rhyno posted:

Yeah but not everyone collects Lego or is aware of that spoiler. Which is why I didn't link it myself.

Thanks for trying to keep the secret.

Sadly, I was already spoiled by a Facebook group.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Cloks posted:

I have a crap load of DCUC figures I have no interest in and I'm curious about trying my hand at customs rather than selling them at a huge loss. Is there a single good resource to learn how to do this?

I'd be interested in buying Captain Cold, if you have him and would be willing to sell.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I am glad there is a classic Nick Fury in that wave. I have been wanting a good updated version for awhile now.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'd be interested in buying Captain Cold, if you have him and would be willing to sell.

I have him somewhere. Any others you're interested in before I dig the box out of my closet?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Found a store selling one of the Absorbing Men figures....too bad the person bought Ben Reily and swapped him out with Black Ant of all people and returned him to the store, with the BAF parts and all.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Had to go to eBay as the Tamashii web exclusive FN TR-8R was only available to Japanese people.

$130 CAD later :3:

http://tamashii.jp/akiba_sr/?p=983

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Hmmm, why no women in that ML Civil War wave 2? I hope that's a fluke and not a new trend.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Cloks posted:

Hey, crazy idea-- I'm an experienced customizer and I've had a hankering for some DCUC figures. Want to exchange a few for the services of your own personal tutor?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
The Metroid has been sold. Thanks for the interest!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Hey, crazy idea-- I'm an experienced customizer and I've had a hankering for some DCUC figures. Want to exchange a few for the services of your own personal tutor?

Hard to say no to this. Let me know what you're interested in and how you'd teach me and we can work something out.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Man you will wreck some toys trying to do customs. I used to mess with that scene. I can do pretty good paint jobs and make cloth capes for my superheroes but after literally years and dozens of plastic torsos I don't have a single decent finished custom I could show off. I went into it with a pretty good handle on painting and a little experience sculpting. I have pretty much sworn off of it after spending a weekend trying to make a Cass Cain Batgirl and realizing I had spent enough on parts and supplies to just BUY one of the DCSH ones on eBay. Although it is still really tempting when you KNOW nobody's going to make a Batwoman figure anytime soon...

Tread carefully and be prepared to junk a lot of toys.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rubiks Pubes posted:

The Metroid has been sold. Thanks for the interest!

Missed out on this and still looking for one if somebody catches sight of them retail.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Holy poo poo, I finally got my Hulkbuster in and it is amazingly beefy. You could probably beat a man dead with it. Posability is about what you'd expect of something so big and bulky, but it sure as hell isn't bad. LEDs are bright as gently caress and run off two LR41's each. Shame the LED for the eyes requires popping the head off the neck. The box is damned nice, too. If there's any disappointment to be had I think it's that they didn't include the piston arms. Looking at how they attached the arms though I can understand why they didn't. They used some really chunky ratchet joints for the shoulder to make sure everything stays up. It's just plain huge in every way, I really wasn't expecting it to be noticeably taller than my SoC Big O. Regular SHF Iron Man figures come up to right around its waist.

In short: It's big, its chufty as gently caress, and it just plain owns.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Cloks posted:

I have him somewhere. Any others you're interested in before I dig the box out of my closet?

Cold is the only one I really want, but a lot depends on how much you want for him. I'm in no hurry, so if it's a hassle for you or not worth your while, I'll be okay without. I'm actually hoping either Mattel or DCC reveals a newer version of him at Toy Fair in two weeks.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Travis343 posted:

Although it is still really tempting when you KNOW nobody's going to make a Batwoman figure anytime soon...

You never know, they're actually making a goddamn Mosaic John Stewart

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Any word on a figure for the new Earth 2 Superman, Val-Zod?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
PICTURE TIME

Huge thanks to Blackchamber for sending me the Metroid, it attaches perfectly to the top of my TV. Now I just need to track down a purple pikmin and boo and I'm set for a while.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Cleaning that must be a nightmare!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The 52 Batwoman figure is already good.

Although wow, not cheap i guess.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Aphrodite posted:

The 52 Batwoman figure is already good.

Although wow, not cheap i guess.

I don't think it's comparable, articulation wise or sculpt wise, to DCC or marvel legends current stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sculpt I'll give you, but more articulation makes for worse looking figures. Marvel Legends look like anorexic skeletons.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Aphrodite posted:

Sculpt I'll give you, but more articulation makes for worse looking figures. Marvel Legends look like anorexic skeletons.
Are you talking about ML female figures? I can name a half dozen figures from last year alone where that wasn't the case.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Xenomrph posted:

Are you talking about ML female figures? I can name a half dozen figures from last year alone where that wasn't the case.

Yeah the Mockingbird figure I posted last page looks pretty normal and not a skeleton as Aphrodite described.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's the Black Widow body type that's terrible.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Aphrodite posted:

It's the Black Widow body type that's terrible.
I liked the Winter Soldier Black Widow figure a lot. She's a little skinny, but she's not as anorexic as the Black Widow figure from the 2 pack a couple years ago.

But yeah the Moonstone body (and especially the Black Cat version) and the Red She Hulk body are both pretty excellent and a far cry from skeletal.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Marvel legends have been extremely on point lately, yeah.

My base would be Captain Marvel because her masked face is pretty close and she's cast in dark plastic already...

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Exciting mail call today. Wheeeee.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

Any word on a figure for the new Earth 2 Superman, Val-Zod?

I think he's in the new dc multiverse thing with JUSTICE SMASHER build a bot.

It's got Joker from the comics, Black Superman (which I guess is him), Batman from BvS, TV Flash and TV Arrow (last season's costume) and TV Reverse Flash.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
That Justice Smasher looks super dumb

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Immensely.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out why they went with that when they could have went with giant robot suit lex or something.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Immensely.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out why they went with that when they could have went with giant robot suit lex or something.

Probably to make sure nobody feels compelled to complete the BAF?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I think he's in the new dc multiverse thing with JUSTICE SMASHER build a bot.

It's got Joker from the comics, Black Superman (which I guess is him), Batman from BvS, TV Flash and TV Arrow (last season's costume) and TV Reverse Flash.

No, that's a different black Superman. That one is Calvin Ellis (Cal-El, get it?), US president, a one shot character based off Obama.

Val-Zod has a different origin and cooler costume.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah. All I saw was the head shot on the back of the box and assumed it'd be the more popular one.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Vegastar posted:

Exciting mail call today. Wheeeee.

Are these Nendodroid?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

ShimSham posted:

Are these Nendodroid?

Yessir

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Where'd you get Kirby, and how much? That's the awesome magnetic one, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

What's quality like on these? I'm interested, but unfamiliar with them. Always wanted the Nendodroid Toon Link and going to try to get the new Nendodroid Pokemon Trainer 20th Ann. edition.