Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

:eyepop:

Does this mean someone paid 70 billion or whatever for the alliance back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

Does this mean there's only 40 or so true goons in EvE left?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
img-timeline yall and im sure either penif gave it up as a great troll on mittani or iwi paid for it

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
How will people do super carrier hunting after Wednesday ?
Considering a super can turn a HIC into a wreck in seconds and has crazy long range neuts you will have to bring in the cavalry real quick to make sure it doesn't escape.
Funny that titan seems much more vulnerable.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Krogort posted:

How will people do super carrier hunting after Wednesday ?
Considering a super can turn a HIC into a wreck in seconds and has crazy long range neuts you will have to bring in the cavalry real quick to make sure it doesn't escape.
Funny that titan seems much more vulnerable.

Tackling them with a big ball of Rifters will probably be feasible.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Light fighters are pretty good at killing frigates.

Old supers with old fits and no fighter skills will be really hosed though.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Ah, forgot they split them between light and heavy fighters. Yeah I imagine hunting supers is going to be quite a bit harder after this next patch.

e: On the other hand though it seems like capitals will be pretty fun to fly.

Xenothral fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Apr 25, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

dl is higher weight than bench unless your physiology all sorts of hosed up

for some reason I mixed up benchpress and deadlifting, probably because...

that name literally means nothing to me so

I am dumb and post dumb things alot. I'm well known by most groons for doing this.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

CainFortea posted:

Yes there is. If you were dumb enough to not deduce this would happen, when that one dude hosed up the suicide Dread bomb the reaction fleet showed up.

I was working from home that day and saw the pings. That was just "lawl dread fleet on grid x up and get in fleet for kills" not a standby fleet. The speed with which PL will react to the chance to kill stuff bewildered me when I joined, too, since I was used to the cfc version with an hour of people saying "FC I'm in YAO can I jump to you will I have time for my fatigue to wear off* does anyone have fuel I'm in a nyx so whatever topes that takes do I have time for a bathroom break** before we go I'm just grabbing a cigarette will you still be here when I get back***?

Also re the deadtear vs others thing about "no you're having a meltdown no YOU are having a meltdown" thing: "meltdown" accusations are the "you mad" of this thread and with the exception of the one real one in this thread (sorry despera that was you) all the rest were spurious. Generally if someone in here throws the meltdown accusation around they mean "I don't think I want to argue with that".

This being said deadtear if you were at a birthday party yesterday why the gently caress did you waste your time posting like a hundred times and instantly reacting to stuff seriously I hope it was a bad party for a disliked work colleague or something.

*Yes you will
**Yes you do
***Yes they will

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
nice meltdown Endie

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

frozenpussy posted:

nice meltdown Endie

wow no need to have a meltdown over it

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

I was working from home that day and saw the pings. That was just "lawl dread fleet on grid x up and get in fleet for kills" not a standby fleet. The speed with which PL will react to the chance to kill stuff bewildered me when I joined, too, since I was used to the cfc version with an hour of people saying "FC I'm in YAO can I jump to you will I have time for my fatigue to wear off* does anyone have fuel I'm in a nyx so whatever topes that takes do I have time for a bathroom break** before we go I'm just grabbing a cigarette will you still be here when I get back***?

Also re the deadtear vs others thing about "no you're having a meltdown no YOU are having a meltdown" thing: "meltdown" accusations are the "you mad" of this thread and with the exception of the one real one in this thread (sorry despera that was you) all the rest were spurious. Generally if someone in here throws the meltdown accusation around they mean "I don't think I want to argue with that".

This being said deadtear if you were at a birthday party yesterday why the gently caress did you waste your time posting like a hundred times and instantly reacting to stuff seriously I hope it was a bad party for a disliked work colleague or something.

*Yes you will
**Yes you do
***Yes they will

i posted like twice while at the party, mostly while waiting for MY FUCKIN STEAKS to finish cooking, anything else was either before or after

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Endie posted:

pfft not as melty as this sadness http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3770359&perpage=40&pagenumber=353#post459127080

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

Endie posted:

This thread is melting down more than chernobyl :eyepop:

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Destoration posted:

This thread is melting down more than chernobyl :eyepop:

Yeah well go draw a picture of it, chump.

(you should always draw more pictures :worship:)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
What the absolute heck is going on around here? I have a chill weekend introducing some of my favourite films to people (and having an Indiana Jones marathon which was so ace I am still giddy from it) and the thread devolves into way too much anger.

Can we please be nicer or I may have to close this thread and restart the new one myself.

In Eve news I am excited to get home from work because I am going to read up corporation things and make sure Rock Venture Chill Mining Friends is exactly that! Then people are free to have as much fun mining and being friendly in space as they want!

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

VideoGames posted:

Can we please be nicer or I may have to close this thread and restart the new one myself.

Please do this.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Endie posted:

Please do this.

Can we close this thread and have endie wordsmith up a really loving good (non-biased towards Imperium, PL, Groon, or what the gently caress ever floats your boat) OP, that is not a recruitment thread, just a This is Eve thread? I don't think there's been a single page without toxic poo poo in it, with the exception of when VideoGames started posting about RVCMF. EVE politics is way the gently caress too polarized.

Sorry to throw you under the bus Endie but you make really good OPs.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
but that's the eonwe thread, minus endie op

this, and now the darius thread because everything in the world is stupid, are where the badposts go and if you get rid of them the eonwe thread will turn into the dota thread with daruna replacing bbg

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

VideoGames posted:

What the absolute heck is going on around here? I have a chill weekend introducing some of my favourite films to people (and having an Indiana Jones marathon which was so ace I am still giddy from it) and the thread devolves into way too much anger.

In Eve news I am excited to get home from work because I am going to read up corporation things and make sure Rock Venture Chill Mining Friends is exactly that! Then people are free to have as much fun mining and being friendly in space as they want!

Some of the ''angry'' people here came to the SA forums to say bad things about this wonderful community.
They like it here so much that they can't handle it.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Can we close this thread and have endie wordsmith up a really loving good (non-biased towards Imperium, PL, Groon, or what the gently caress ever floats your boat) OP, that is not a recruitment thread, just a This is Eve thread? I don't think there's been a single page without toxic poo poo in it, with the exception of when VideoGames started posting about RVCMF. EVE politics is way the gently caress too polarized.

Sorry to throw you under the bus Endie but you make really good OPs.

That's very kind of you to say. I'd been going to do what you suggest, and then close the last thread: a bit of enticing drama about the big war that was going on, some stuff about all the places and ways you could play eve and all the ways it had improved since virtually everyone in the Games subforums had abandoned a trial in disgust after four hours, and a bunch of low blows for cheap internet laughs. Then post two would be a biggish thing about joining goonwaffe and a smaller bit about joining groon, but (even though it couldn't have been dryer and more unappetizing than the op they eventually came up with) I knew it would just cause huge drama so I just left it until they came up with their own one.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/NHCuPSi.webm

holyt poo poo LOOK AT IT

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

VideoGames posted:

Please.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

I'm dead. :3:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

If a new thread is made, can groon have their bit about joining before gsf's? I think their ~3 lines of text get buried under a big wall o text and nobody sees it. Think of all the wonderful spacefriends they might be missing out on! :ohdear:

Edit: holy poo poo, that puppy. :kimchi:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Elmnt80 posted:

If a new thread is made, can groon have their bit about joining before gsf's? I think their ~3 lines of text get buried under a big wall o text and nobody sees it. Think of all the wonderful spacefriends they might be missing out on! :ohdear:

Edit: holy poo poo, that puppy. :kimchi:

If Ben was more active they could have a few ISRAD lines and a link to an ISRAD post that he could update with their current situation. Or someone he picks to manage the ISRAD post.

Though I'm not sure if they are an elite pvp gooncorp or an elite pvp corp with several goons in it.

Is that far fetched? A general Eve thread and then posts from representatives of various gooncorps. These posts are then linked to in the OP and each post is handled by someone representing that corp on SA.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Zephyrine posted:

If Ben was more active they could have a few ISRAD lines and a link to an ISRAD post that he could update with their current situation. Or someone he picks to manage the ISRAD post.

Though I'm not sure if they are an elite pvp gooncorp or an elite pvp corp with several goons in it.

Is that far fetched? A general Eve thread and then posts from representatives of various gooncorps. These posts are then linked to in the OP and each post is handled by someone representing that corp on SA.

It sounds like a really good idea, but I suspect one group will be a bit negative about it.

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School
Someone suggested earlier that the MMOHMO thread should be a chill eve general thread and then the recruitment threads should go in PGS. I like the idea, but I can't be arsed digging through three threads for the post.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i dont think the recruitment thread(s) should be pushed to the empty death zone that is pgs, it's like the dota thread in the chat forum

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I'm tired of arguing over internet spaceships. Can't we just spacemurder one another for giggles and then come here to talk about how much fun it was?

Minus the smug and madposting.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

i dont think the recruitment thread(s) should be pushed to the empty death zone that is pgs, it's like the dota thread in the chat forum

Yeah I think Tokyo and Zephyrine were right that the OP should be a general eve sales pitch with either the 2nd post filled with recruitment stuff or links to the recruitment threads in the OP. I think Zephyrine's idea is probably a better one since it works with new groups popping up like DJ's one.

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School
It might be less of an empty death zone if all the madposting got corralled into there.

We might actually be able to manage more than one non-drama-importing post per page or something

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Endie posted:

Yeah I think Tokyo and Zephyrine were right that the OP should be a general eve sales pitch with either the 2nd post filled with recruitment stuff or links to the recruitment threads in the OP. I think Zephyrine's idea is probably a better one since it works with new groups popping up like DJ's one.

Right. It doesn't matter where a recruitment post is in the thread. As long as the creator manages it and it reamains linked early on page one. Maybe a corp switches representative. Then the new representative just makes a new post and that post can be linked to on page 1.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Night Shade posted:

It might be less of an empty death zone if all the madposting got corralled into there.

We might actually be able to manage more than one non-drama-importing post per page or something

we'd be doing ok if the dudes who paid to post specifically in the eve thread about How The Goonies Were Getting Owned would maybe try posting like normal people and less people bit on it :)

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School
I'm sorry but you can't possibly expect something awful dot com forum members to act like normal people.

Just go poke your head into D&D some time :P

Edit: I realise this is also wishful thinking but maybe if everyone who, as you mentioned, spent :10bux: to grr at goons here looked at the rest of the forums they might actually start good posting, or at least badposting less.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Zephyrine posted:

I'm tired of arguing over internet spaceships. Can't we just spacemurder one another for giggles and then come here to talk about how much fun it was?

Minus the smug and madposting.

we would, but then we get insane redditors come in and talk about how badly the goonies are getting stomped

and then people respond to them CONSTANTLY instead of posting cute animals

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
^you're late :smugdog:

Night Shade posted:

I'm sorry but you can't possibly expect something awful dot com forum members to act like normal people.

Just go poke your head into D&D some time :P

let me enforce my will on them :twisted: :getin:

no god no dont do that

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School
unfree deadtear

e: I went looking for a general cute animals thread in PYF and didn't find one :smith: There was a dogs thread though so that sort of counts.

Night Shade fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Apr 25, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Night Shade posted:

unfree deadtear

e: I went looking for a general cute animals thread in PYF and didn't find one :smith: There was a dogs thread though so that sort of counts.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769444 i found it in like 2 seconds duder near the top of second page

for the record i get almost all of my cute poo poo from the imgur aggregation of the reddit aww subforum so i dont have to do anything but see cute pictures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School
:doh:

Thanks, clearly I'm blind or something.

• Locked thread