Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Took me a bit.

I demand this be the official map coloring from now on. Hop to it media outlets!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Minnesota should be gears for the robot candidate.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

The X-man cometh posted:

gay, wet gears

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
https://twitter.com/85thLegislature/status/706197861046693888

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The X-man cometh posted:

the sixth great lake

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

They call ponds lakes in MN. It's pathetic really you have enough lakes without counting every stagnant mosquito ridden puddle in your state.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
TRUMP LOVE WALL

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

jesus christ.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

With a few minor adustments the tron suit guy could make a come back in a HUgE way

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Looks like a supervillain that is about to get puched out by Captain Mexico.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
http://reverbpress.com/politics/battlegrounds/romney-reactivates-presidential-campaign-committees/

So this happened

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i know where ill be leaving bags of dog poo poo

Cruz himself, is dog poo poo.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

There's one in the spotlight, he don't look right! Get him up against the wall!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoPpw7DNzCY

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/massive-lines-10-blocks-long-to-see-donald-trump-in-orlando-photos/

The line to the Trump rally in Orlando is 10 blocks long. Florida and Trump are peanut butter and jelly.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

it's wrestlemania 23 all over again

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Prof. Lurker posted:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/massive-lines-10-blocks-long-to-see-donald-trump-in-orlando-photos/

The line to the Trump rally in Orlando is 10 blocks long. Florida and Trump are peanut butter and jelly.

If only Jeb were still in the race so we could savor his humiliation

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Baloogan posted:

what a loser

drinks *water*

who drinks *water* in this day and age

what are we, cavemen?

What, like from the toilet?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
GOP nomination starting to read like a House of Cards plot thread that the writers dismissed for being too outlandish

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Totalizator posted:

Give him Dune Fremen gear to save body water

it's called a stillsuit

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Have any polls including Romney come out yet

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

mlmp08 posted:

What, like from the toilet?

this is the most idiocratsy election ever

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Romney runs as third party, Trump as the Republican nominee

This must happen

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Brannock posted:

Romney runs as third party, Trump as the Republican nominee

This must happen

No one would vote for Romney.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Trump gets schlonged by the establishment, Romney gets anointed as the compromise candidate at the convention, Trump runs third party

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Mitt's just preparing for the 1% chance that he can get the nomination at the convention. If/when that doesn't happen he's not going to run third party.

That said, please prove me wrong Mitt! We're all rooting for you buddy!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
"Maybe they'll love me this time!"

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i'm assuming romney's just doing this to make it easier for him to get his supporters' and rich friends' money into the national gop coffers, so they can support whichever anti-trump candidate is viable in each state like i guess he urged in his speech?

i guess he could be setting up to be that candidate in some states where he could beat trump, though. i guess. it looks like all he needs to do to get on the utah ballot is throw $500 at someone next week. he really should be able to at least win utah, although trump has looked really weak (like, third place weak) in what utah polling i've seen
http://elections.utah.gov/register/becoming-a-federal-candidate

boy would that be fun

that article a few posts above said he's linked his fundraising campaigns with the idaho gop too, but apparently their filing deadline was last december so he won't be going for the mormons there, so that at least we know can't be a preparation for trying to win it himself. unless i'm reading things wrong

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Darkman Fanpage posted:

"Maybe they'll love me this time!"

Truly, :mitt: is fitting.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

So ya
Thought ya
Might like to go to the show

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/706204846098137088

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"There was an election in 2000?!" - Nate Silver, Super-Genius.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

Mormons, Evangelicals and disgruntled establishment would vote for him in large enough numbers to hurt Trump for sure. He would present a safe protest vote for those unwilling to vote D.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

ThirdPartyView posted:

:thejoke:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

ThirdPartyView posted:

:thejoke:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

ThirdPartyView posted:

Haha holy poo poo

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Phlegmish posted:

"Republicans who don't like trump" has got to be a significant enough demo to cause at least a little chaos.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

shiksa posted:

"Republicans who don't like trump" has got to be a significant enough demo to cause at least a little chaos.

Not really, no.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the one reason-- the only reason-- the GOPe would back a third party candidate is to toss the election. they know their guy wouldn't win. they must also know that it would spawn the mother of all dolchstosslegende among the base and poison them against the GOPe for a generation. they might not care, especially if they think trump is a once-in-a-lifetime thing and 2020 won't have someone who can fire up the base as well (which actually might be a safe assumption, trump has a unique blend of reality-TV charisma and complete lack of any morals or bedrock sense of decency). a good chunk of the #nevertrump republicans will fall in line-- unless they have an alternative for whom they can protest vote. if romney's on the ballot in november, the erick ericksons and ben howes and CPAC wunderkinder are all going to vote for him. he effectively gives the sane portion of the GOP an "out" from voting for trump. even if he just peels off 10% of the GOP in each state that's a landslide to the Dems.

to reiterate, i seriously, seriously doubt they will go nuclear and try the third party option, but if they did that would be why.

ThirdPartyView posted:

Not really, no.

whether or not this demo will have an effect on the november race depends on if there's a figure they can rally behind. either a third party candidate or a concerted effort by the likes of sasse to protest vote for, like, the constitution party or libertarian party or something

DAD LOST MY IPOD fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 5, 2016

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

They don't necessarily have to back him, Romney just has to run to cause chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

ThirdPartyView posted:

:kiddo:

• Locked thread