Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Since iTunes Match I haven't had to really think about how music gets onto my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
The only other thing to mention besides what people already have is, the stock iOS Mail app does not support push for Gmail. There is a Gmail app, though, if that's necessary, and also other alternate mail apps.

Do not ask about podcast apps or screen protectors though.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Also only use a Saddle Brown Leather Apple case.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I'm transitioning back to iPhone after a two year adventure in Android-land. Been spending the time looking for the mythical perfect phone (battery, display, good size, wireless charging, fingerprint, etc) and it just doesn't exist. I've also taken on a new role with the company recently that requires a lot of travel in my car and communication via my phone and found that Android can be very buggy when you need it most and sometimes the phone just won't answer or act awkwardly, especially with Android Auto.

I trialed my wifes iPhone6 for a while and really was impressed with iOS9. As with Apple, the PHONE aspect never worked anything but instant (as well as the camera, which can be annoying in Android) and was really surprised as how there was zero lag whatsoever with Carplay. AA seems to suck every resource dry on any phone I've tried, even the newest Nexus 5x to unacceptable levels. Seems unreasonable to wait until I'm over a mile from my house to have Maps finally load up and begin to plot my course to my destination. Also very embarrassing when showing off my new car and cell phone technology when I receive a call and it locks up CAUSING MY CAR TO RING NON-STOP UNTIL I SHUT IT DOWN.

Anyway, that's MY annoyances with Android recently and why I'm going back to iPhone. The things I found I missed about Android was the ability to put icons wherever I want (lower right corner, nothing else anywhere on the screen please), widgets on the homescreen, and being able to assign any program to any protocol. I cannot wait for an iOS9 jailbreak to fix those problems.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
One of my favorite experiences about finally switching from android to iOS is hearing ".. but android can do so much more that's why I like it" from every single android user I know. I haven't had a single person give me an answer when I ask "like what?" yet.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Is this the right thread to ask about unlocking? I'm trying to switch networks (from virgin mobile to metropcs) in the US and both carriers have been generally incompetent and unhelpful. I just want to know if I can use my iphone 5s that I purchased from virgin mobile, on the metropcs network. I get a different answer from everyone I talk to and google hasn't yielded any definitive answers either. I guess my question is, how do I tell if my phone's unlocked without a SIM card? If there's a better thread for this I can take my question there.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Is this the right thread to ask about unlocking? I'm trying to switch networks (from virgin mobile to metropcs) in the US and both carriers have been generally incompetent and unhelpful. I just want to know if I can use my iphone 5s that I purchased from virgin mobile, on the metropcs network. I get a different answer from everyone I talk to and google hasn't yielded any definitive answers either. I guess my question is, how do I tell if my phone's unlocked without a SIM card? If there's a better thread for this I can take my question there.

I think Virgin Mobile is Sprint/non-GSM and MetroPCS is GSM/T-Mobile so I don't think those phones will work on each other's networks.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

JustAwful posted:

I'm thinking of ditching my personal phone and dumping the number onto something stupid cheap (ie. Prepaid) just to keep the number. Only thing I'm a little iffy about is the MobileIron app we are forced to install, which disables iCloud, enforces strict password rules, gives access to our work exchange, etc.
How tinfoil-hatty am I for worrying that some IT manager can read my texts / see pictures and browsing history on my phone? Does MobileIron allow that stuff? Obviously corporate e-mail is going to be fully visible by IT, but I'm not sure what else they gain access to.

There are limitations in iOS. The app itself still lives in the "app sandbox" meaning it can't peek into other apps like Messages (although you could be required to give it access to Photos or Contacts like other apps). They could also require a proxy to be installed in your web browser configs or that you use a VPN connecting to a network they control and monitor. If they have your phone, they can reset your passcode and gain access to the contents that way as well. They can see what apps are installed. But they can't remotely look at your texts off your phone or take screenshots.

Most of the restrictions come via profile information and you should be able to see what they have set if you go to Settings>General and then either "Device Management" or "Profiles" depending on how they set things up.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Kaizoku posted:

What do you typically do on your Android--apps used, actions performed, etc? You can typically get the same things done between one and the other, but the methods you'll go about it and apps you'll use to do it change.
There are apps that you will not use that will be on your device, but they hide in a folder and for all intent and purposes can stop existing.
The only browsers people seem to use are Chrome and Safari, and while you can individually tell most apps to forward links to Chrome instead of Safari, you cannot set alternatives to the system defaults--that's going to be safari for safari, mail for email, etc. It sounds far more annoying than it actually is in practice for an alternative browser user, but between Chrome not being any better than Safari and not supporting extensions anyway, there isn't much reason not to just use Safari.
3rd Party Keyboards are available, but their implementation on iOS leaves them all unsatisfactory--they just don't have enough memory allocated. You might find them worth it once you're used to the phone, but they crash too often to be something I'd recommend while you're still getting the thing set up. The keyboards are great if you have a jailbroken device and alter that memory allocation, so it's really on Apple's end to get those working and it hasn't seemed to be a priority on their end.

Also, what are your annoyances WITH Android? There are enough similarities between the two that they could very well also be iOS annoyances. Don't get me wrong, I like iOS and prefer it to Android, but it's not without it's own share of drawbacks.

GMail, Maps, Weather, Calendar, Notepad, Drive, TeamViewer, BeyondPod, Rocketplayer, and Arcen Weather all get a decent amount of use. Camera is very important to me too. Most of my time though is spent web browsing (use Chrome but I don't particularly love it), Awful App of course, and PuzzleDragons or whatever game of the week I happen to find that's mildly interesting. So it sounds like I won't have any issues switching in terms of what apps/widgets/etc I have available.

My main annoyance with Android has actually been hardware more than software, I've had very poor luck over the years with almost every phone I've had. And especially this year the overheating and performance issues have been a huge headache for me. I picked up a Moto X 2015 and the overheating issue is so bad the touchscreen will straight up begin to malfunction. Also the Camera does terrible in low/poor light situations which really sucks and covers about 75% of the pictures I take. The hardware and performance of the iPhone looks really good by comparison which is why I have gravitated towards the idea of getting one.

Thanks for all the answers and app suggestions. One last tiny question, is the speaker any good on the 6S or 6S Plus? One thing I did really like on the Moto X 2015 (and similarly on the HTC One I used ages ago) was the nice speakers could were very convenient for listening to music, and also I use speakerphone to talk most of the time at home.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

GMail, Maps, Weather, Calendar, Notepad, Drive, TeamViewer, BeyondPod, Rocketplayer, and Arcen Weather all get a decent amount of use. Camera is very important to me too. Most of my time though is spent web browsing (use Chrome but I don't particularly love it), Awful App of course, and PuzzleDragons or whatever game of the week I happen to find that's mildly interesting. So it sounds like I won't have any issues switching in terms of what apps/widgets/etc I have available.

My main annoyance with Android has actually been hardware more than software, I've had very poor luck over the years with almost every phone I've had. And especially this year the overheating and performance issues have been a huge headache for me. I picked up a Moto X 2015 and the overheating issue is so bad the touchscreen will straight up begin to malfunction. Also the Camera does terrible in low/poor light situations which really sucks and covers about 75% of the pictures I take. The hardware and performance of the iPhone looks really good by comparison which is why I have gravitated towards the idea of getting one.

Thanks for all the answers and app suggestions. One last tiny question, is the speaker any good on the 6S or 6S Plus? One thing I did really like on the Moto X 2015 (and similarly on the HTC One I used ages ago) was the nice speakers could were very convenient for listening to music, and also I use speakerphone to talk most of the time at home.

One thing to note... widgets on Android are not the same on iOS. Do not expect to be putting anything dynamic or useful on the homescreen. Widgets are tucked away in the notification drawer and I haven't seen a lot of apps utilize it in my short term playing around.

I hate to bring podcast chat back up but I cannot seem to find a straight answer on this and don't want to spend the $5 to find out. Does Pocketcasts (top notch Android podcast app FWIW) have Carplay support? Really want that functionality when I get my 6S.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Baller Witness Bro posted:

One of my favorite experiences about finally switching from android to iOS is hearing ".. but android can do so much more that's why I like it" from every single android user I know. I haven't had a single person give me an answer when I ask "like what?" yet.
Android is undeniably vastly more customizable, which allows for things like changing default apps, never mind the crazy levels of customization that make your phone virtually unusable to anyone but yourself. In reality, most people don't really care about those things and will keep using Samsung Browser even when Chrome is right there. Maybe they'll put a weather widget on their home screen.

Boris Galerkin posted:

I think Virgin Mobile is Sprint/non-GSM and MetroPCS is GSM/T-Mobile so I don't think those phones will work on each other's networks.
People need to stop saying this. CDMA iPhones have had full GSM capabilities since the 4s, unlocked since the 5, and full LTE for AT&T and T-Mobile with the 5s. GSM "branded" 6 and 6s can even be taken to Verizon with full capabilities provided they're unlocked. Whether they can be easily unlocked is entirely up to the carrier.

TraderStav posted:

One thing to note... widgets on Android are not the same on iOS. Do not expect to be putting anything dynamic or useful on the homescreen. Widgets are tucked away in the notification drawer and I haven't seen a lot of apps utilize it in my short term playing around.

I hate to bring podcast chat back up but I cannot seem to find a straight answer on this and don't want to spend the $5 to find out. Does Pocketcasts (top notch Android podcast app FWIW) have Carplay support? Really want that functionality when I get my 6S.
I use widgets all the time. BeWeather has a nicely customizable widget for weather, Fantastical has a great calendar widget, Launcher is a nice way to get to a bunch of actions and apps, and Deliveries displays my next delivery or two.

Stitcher, Overcast, and the stock Podcasts app are the only ones with Carplay support, I think. I haven't used Carplay at all, but I imagine you can at least get basic play/pause controls, but I might be wrong. Overcast is free and good but I guess you're not supposed to use it because the developer is kind of whiny?

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 28, 2015

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

So I have a iphone 6s plus. Just got back from visiting family for the holidays (I was flying). Flew into southern Oregon, where the temperature is 34 degrees.
Phone was working great during the flight. While I was driving home, phone was playing music no problem. Got home, phone's dead. Now the battery was at 80 percent ten minutes prior. I try holding the reset button ect. Dead as a doornail. I plug it into a charger. No charger indicator, leave it for ten minutes.
Nothing.

Next I plug it into my computer. Again, nothing.
I can't get it to read at all. What's the deal? Could the temperature just have screwed it? I have it in a warmish room now, because I'm at a loss what to do.
I may have a day or two left with apple care, (since I got it right after they came out and its 90 days right?) and I do have insurance through T-mobile, but I'm hoping the thread will be my savor.

Help me thread!

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
You guys know what app is really good? Google Now. I started using it a few months ago and it's so much better than Siri etc. it's ridiculous.

Getting tracked by Google 24/7 now though but at least they can tell me when my cat food I ordered from Amazon is coming.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

LionArcher posted:

So I have a iphone 6s plus. Just got back from visiting family for the holidays (I was flying). Flew into southern Oregon, where the temperature is 34 degrees.
Phone was working great during the flight. While I was driving home, phone was playing music no problem. Got home, phone's dead. Now the battery was at 80 percent ten minutes prior. I try holding the reset button ect. Dead as a doornail. I plug it into a charger. No charger indicator, leave it for ten minutes.
Nothing.

I can't get it to read at all. What's the deal? Could the temperature just have screwed it? I have it in a warmish room now, because I'm at a loss what to do.
I may have a day or two left with apple care, (since I got it right after they came out and its 90 days right?) and I do have insurance through T-mobile, but I'm hoping the thread will be my savor.

Help me thread!

34 degrees is absolutely not the problem.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LionArcher posted:

Nothing.

Help me thread!
Standard warranty is 1 year. 90 days is just for phone support. If you have an Apple Store near you, take it in, otherwise call Applecare. But no, 34 degrees shouldn't be a problem.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

maduin posted:

You guys know what app is really good? Google Now. I started using it a few months ago and it's so much better than Siri etc. it's ridiculous.

Getting tracked by Google 24/7 now though but at least they can tell me when my cat food I ordered from Amazon is coming.

Hi this is Google, we see you have a rash and we have sent you ointment for your itchy genitals. Do not worry, you have sufficient funds in your account.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Do not worry, you have sufficient funds in your account.

From taking surveys. ;)

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Standard warranty is 1 year. 90 days is just for phone support. If you have an Apple Store near you, take it in, otherwise call Applecare. But no, 34 degrees shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

maduin posted:

Google Now is literally the only thing I miss from android. Siri sucks in comparison.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Android is undeniably vastly more customizable, which allows for things like changing default apps, never mind the crazy levels of customization that make your phone virtually unusable to anyone but yourself. In reality, most people don't really care about those things and will keep using Samsung Browser even when Chrome is right there. Maybe they'll put a weather widget on their home screen.

People need to stop saying this. CDMA iPhones have had full GSM capabilities since the 4s, unlocked since the 5, and full LTE for AT&T and T-Mobile with the 5s. GSM "branded" 6 and 6s can even be taken to Verizon with full capabilities provided they're unlocked. Whether they can be easily unlocked is entirely up to the carrier.

I use widgets all the time. BeWeather has a nicely customizable widget for weather, Fantastical has a great calendar widget, Launcher is a nice way to get to a bunch of actions and apps, and Deliveries displays my next delivery or two.

Stitcher, Overcast, and the stock Podcasts app are the only ones with Carplay support, I think. I haven't used Carplay at all, but I imagine you can at least get basic play/pause controls, but I might be wrong. Overcast is free and good but I guess you're not supposed to use it because the developer is kind of whiny?

Thanks for the info, as I said I didn't get a lot of runtime with the widgets so looking forward to playing around when I get my 6S. Bummer on the lack of Carplay support on Pocketcasts as that app owns. You do get generic pause and such but at least on Android auto you can browse your collection and pick what you want. It's very nice. The stock podcast seemed to work alright though even. I don't mind spending money, just not wasting it.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Probably need to ask in the sprint or prepaid thread but *if* virgin will issue an unlock, the 5s should be compatible with TMo.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Here's VM's unlock policy. First link by Googling "virgin mobile sim unlock." They'll unlock it after 12 months of activity.

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/unlock/

Googling "iPhone LTE bands" will show you that the Sprint/Virgin iPhone 5s has all the same LTE and GSM/UMTS bands as the US GSM model, plus a few extra.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

So my 5s home button is not only comically sensitive, now the bottom of my screen causes waking of the phone as well as autodialing people randomly from my phonebook. Time for a new phone or is it simply a matter of swabbing the button with everclear?

I would be OK if I could simply turn off all functionality of the button beyond waking and fingerprint scan. I turned Siri off but even though she keeps her trap shut, some guys voice now is enabled.

I used to actually like apple products.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

So with my 6s, I've been noticing that sometimes if I leave it locked (with the screen black) and facing up on my desk, sometimes it will act like I put a finger on it and unsuccessfully unlocked it...it won't vibrate like a bad passcode, but some of the circles around all the numbers will be filled in, like some of a fingerprint registered.

Anyone seen this before?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Cartouche posted:

So my 5s home button is not only comically sensitive, now the bottom of my screen causes waking of the phone as well as autodialing people randomly from my phonebook. Time for a new phone or is it simply a matter of swabbing the button with everclear?

I would be OK if I could simply turn off all functionality of the button beyond waking and fingerprint scan. I turned Siri off but even though she keeps her trap shut, some guys voice now is enabled.

I used to actually like apple products.

It sounds like the home button is going bad, or there is potentially some liquid damage on the bottom portion of the phone. How long have you had the phone for?

nwin posted:

So with my 6s, I've been noticing that sometimes if I leave it locked (with the screen black) and facing up on my desk, sometimes it will act like I put a finger on it and unsuccessfully unlocked it...it won't vibrate like a bad passcode, but some of the circles around all the numbers will be filled in, like some of a fingerprint registered.

Anyone seen this before?

Multitouch sensitivity is too high on the screen, used to see that quite a bit. Make a Genius Bar appointment and tell them what's going on, they should put a new screen on it.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Google Now is literally the only thing I miss from android. Siri sucks in comparison.

What does it do better?

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

e.pilot posted:

It sounds like the home button is going bad, or there is potentially some liquid damage on the bottom portion of the phone. How long have you had the phone for?

Finger sweat would be the only liquid I can think would have gotten in there. I am in arid Utah so even humidity doesn't seem like an issue. I got it when the 5s was released, so well out of warranty range.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

e.pilot posted:

Multitouch sensitivity is too high on the screen, used to see that quite a bit. Make a Genius Bar appointment and tell them what's going on, they should put a new screen on it.

Good to know-thanks!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

carry on then posted:

What does it do better?

Remembers where I parked 😉

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I'm having trouble getting contacts into icloud.

I got this phone just a year ago, before that I had another iPhone, before that an android, and before that a dumb flip phone that didn't have a SIM (thanks Verizon). So I transferred contacts to the android, then saved to sim to move to the iphone, and so on.

The problem is that now I've finally decided to set up iCloud contacts, but the only contacts that sync to iCloud and are visible on my Macbook Air are only the ones that I added to specifically my current iPhone. Contacts I added on any previous phones don't sync.

Thoughts?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Here's been my anecdotal experience with Touch ID on my 5S:

The reliability always seemed kind of hit or miss, until I noticed something: it works 9/10 if I have my finger on the sensor before I wake the screen.

If I wake the screen, either by the home button or the lock bottom, and then try Touch ID it seems to, at times, to be inexplicably unreliable and I end up typing in my passcode.

Touch ID is much much more consistent if you have your finger on the sensor and click the home button to wake it.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Alright, thanks guys. There shouldn't be any problems still using google's ecosystem for most stuff right? I use GMail, Google Calendar, and Google Drive specifically. The only other major things I'm worried about app-wise is finding a decent weather widget (I use Arcen on Android, which is very flexible and does exactly what I want), and something good for music (I use Rocketplayer current, not sure if there's better free options on iPhone) and podcasts (i use BeyondPod which is definitely not on iPhone). Everything else seems like it's there exactly as I would expect it.

I got my hands on an iPhone 6s briefly at the Verizon store already but I should see if they will let me sit down and try messing around with everything.

Two other small questions:
1) Having bad experience with iTunes in the past, is it doable to sync files/music/photos/etc with my PC without using Apple's software on my PC at all? Or do they have something that's not awful these days?
2) Any warranty plans worthwhile? I am very good about not damaging my phones usually but I seem to have absurdly bad luck with things just randomly going wrong with them.

Goodreader looks really good so I'll keep that in mind too.

A bit late on this but Verizon offers $100 off phones to certain customers on the payment plans. It's random, so you may not have it, but I would ask if you qualify for the $100 off promo (different than the $100 off the higher storage promo that is now expired).

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

carry on then posted:

What does it do better?

Depends really on how embedded into Google you are. I love that it can pull stuff from my GMail and it "just knows" to add reminders about my upcoming flights/appointments/packages shipping. It knows from my recent Google searches to recommend news stories on SpaceX or the score of last night's Bears game. The more Google services you use, the more contextual information Google Now can provide you.

Siri does some of this (advising of traffic around the time I usually leave for home/work) but it's a fraction of the information Google Now has access to.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Duckman2008 posted:

A bit late on this but Verizon offers $100 off phones to certain customers on the payment plans. It's random, so you may not have it, but I would ask if you qualify for the $100 off promo (different than the $100 off the higher storage promo that is now expired).

Not too late yet, I'll ask about this specifically when I go in later (probably today).

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Phobeste posted:

I'm having trouble getting contacts into icloud.

I got this phone just a year ago, before that I had another iPhone, before that an android, and before that a dumb flip phone that didn't have a SIM (thanks Verizon). So I transferred contacts to the android, then saved to sim to move to the iphone, and so on.

The problem is that now I've finally decided to set up iCloud contacts, but the only contacts that sync to iCloud and are visible on my Macbook Air are only the ones that I added to specifically my current iPhone. Contacts I added on any previous phones don't sync.

Thoughts?

Check the mail, contacts, and calendar settings and tinker around in there.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Thwomp posted:

Depends really on how embedded into Google you are. I love that it can pull stuff from my GMail and it "just knows" to add reminders about my upcoming flights/appointments/packages shipping. It knows from my recent Google searches to recommend news stories on SpaceX or the score of last night's Bears game. The more Google services you use, the more contextual information Google Now can provide you.

Siri does some of this (advising of traffic around the time I usually leave for home/work) but it's a fraction of the information Google Now has access to.

Though you may see all this as a feature, it’s exactly why I recently jumped ship from Gmail to iCloud for email and DuckDuckGo for search.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm more paranoid than you, I host my own email and use duckduckgo. :tinfoil:

Also I have never had a facebook account. But they still probably know everything about me.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I had DNS problems for a week or so and tried to use DuckDuckGo. Google annoys the crap out of me, but ugh their search engine is really good and DDG is pretty garbage no matter how much I want to like it.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

EL BROMANCE posted:

I had DNS problems for a week or so and tried to use DuckDuckGo. Google annoys the crap out of me, but ugh their search engine is really good and DDG is pretty garbage no matter how much I want to like it.

Using Ghostery, Ublock, and one of the Google link rewriting extensions, you can use Google as a search engine without much to fear. Just never log into it and there’s a limit to how much tracking can happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I set DDG as my default search engine on my phone but I always ended up adding a "!g" to my searches to force a Google search anyway because DDG search is just awful or Google search is just that good, whichever way you want to look at it. I just changed back to defaulting to Google cause it's just better.

e: is there a way to bypass those videos on YouTube that are like "this video has been flagged 18+, please log in to a Google account and confirm your age" messages in YouTube videos without actually signing on to anything? It's YouTube so it's not even porn but like that new Deadpool trailer for example is flagged as 18+.