Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I want to eat the tiny Nintendo switch controllers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The only game I regret buying more than than New Super Mario Bros 2 is Metroid: Other M

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Somethin really special is gonna happen when you collect 1 million coins, something that isn't just a congratulations message

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Sex Tragedy posted:

The Wii U was nintendo's venture into unified second screen. If you imagine porting Splatoon, you could see the switch has fewer methods of control available, since it must be docked to be used with a television. I don't think this is fully true, at least in the long term. I can imagine a situation where you dock a switch, displaying main gameplay on the TV, and use another like a Wii U tablet.

Now imagine a joycon grip, which you clip to a smarthphone, being used like the gamepad was with the Wii U. Then itself becoming its own independant, portable concept like the switch itself. I think nintendo games are headed in this direction. Kids will play more traditional games, sold by nintendo, on their phones with a joycon grip.

I don't buy this at all, because phones are not dedicated gaming platforms and thus are a lot more limited in terms of what you can achieve. Screenwise, they're much smaller. I can't imagine a joycon grip for phones being very comfortable.

Also I would hate it if Nintendo went third party, and luckily I don't think they ever will. They're the only one of the big three that try to innovate with their hardware.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

a.lo posted:

If I were a doctor, I'd recommend against this. However, I'm not, so I won't.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

a.lo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYespfZgeWQ

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chibi robo was an amazing game but very hard to get back into today for me given the constant tutorializing and stops to gameplay brought on by battery meter and day night timer. A modern version with no tax on every step you take would be very cool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

youcallthatatwist posted:

Also I would hate it if Nintendo went third party, and luckily I don't think they ever will. They're the only one of the big three that try to innovate with their hardware.

Xb1 launched with mandatory kinnect
Ps4 lets you play local coop games over the internet and supports a vr set

nintendo's innovations are often more visible on the product rather than hidden in a black trapazoid/brick and tend to alter the very way you interact with the console more successfully i grant you that

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Not a Children posted:

The only game I regret buying more than than New Super Mario Bros 2 is Metroid: Other M

The goal post is in sight. Samus cannot reach it because she is in a bubble.

Adam luckily is still alive and is about to reach the goal, when he bubbles himself.

For what reason? We don't know.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Real hurthling! posted:

Xb1 launched with mandatory kinnect
Ps4 lets you play local coop games over the internet and supports a vr set

nintendo's innovations are often more visible on the product rather than hidden in a black trapazoid/brick and tend to alter the very way you interact with the console more successfully i grant you that

Anything you can do with a WiiU could be done with a Ps4 and a Vita, so even that isn't really true.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

What's a vita

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a musical about a lady from south america

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Motto posted:

What's a vita

Significantly more successful than the Wii U

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Motto posted:

What's a vita

"Life"

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Guy Goodbody posted:

Significantly more successful than the Wii U

that's not even close to true

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Motto posted:

What's a vita

The best thing that ever happened to the PSP

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

TheScott2K posted:

The best thing that ever happened to the PSP

what

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

vita supposedly sold 13 million worldwide as of the beginning of this year, wii u reportedly shipped 13 million by the middle of this year. its anyone's guess whether wii u or it are ahead since we only have actual numbers from a few countries like japan and the uk where they track that stuff publicly.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 19, 2016

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sony stopped announcing worldwide numbers in 2014 but rolled in Vita numbers with PSP prior to that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dehry posted:

Sony stopped announcing worldwide numbers in 2014 but rolled in Vita numbers with PSP prior to that.

lol

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

FirstAidKite posted:

Somethin really special is gonna happen when you collect 1 million coins, something that isn't just a congratulations message

Why isn't Wario in this game? Answer me that Nintendo. Are they only allowed to use NPCs from the 'Mario family'?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DoctorWhat posted:

that's not even close to true

Vita's still getting games

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I like my vita. I bought a used one for cheap and got a big SD card and by just keeping my eyes on PSN sales I've gotten like 30 sweet PSOne titles for about $40 all together.

Lookin forward to that switch tho.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
What 30 PSOne games are worth playing in 2016?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I never owned a PSOne so basically most of the JRPGs and a few action titles.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

Vita's still getting games

Only because it's the cheapest platform to code for right now, and even then they often do a mutiplatform release with PS4 versions just to try and turn a profit.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So what you're saying is that unlike the WiiU, there is a sane reason anyone would make games for it.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I love my vita, it's so nice. But I'm still openly bitter about not getting I Am Setsuna for Vita.

I hope they do special joycons for the Switch. I really love my special Toad controller for the Wii.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Motto posted:

What's a vita

It plays Persona 4 Golden, mostly

Also Spelunky

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

vita ownership prepared me for switch ownership

played a lotta remote play now i need it.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Real hurthling! posted:

vita ownership prepared me for switch ownership

But I played two games on my Vita and then shoved it into a dra--ohhhh. :smith:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There's plenty of stuff to play on a Vita if you like JRPGs.

Otherwise, not so much.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

If you aren't playing EDF on the go, you're not truly playing your Vita.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

edf 2017 online play runs at a glorious 2fps. more epic than any michael bay finale

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

edf 2017 online play runs at a glorious 2fps. more epic than any michael bay finale

they should add a few more bugs and run it at 1fps instead

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it dips there pretty often. better to leave it uncapped to keep the performance nuts happy.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

If your copy of EDF isn't tripping over itself to wade through a river of molasses, then your copy is defective and needs to be exchanged post haste.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Andrast posted:

There's plenty of stuff to play on a Vita if you like JRPGs.

Otherwise, not so much.

tbf this would be fairly true of the 3DS as well if not for first party titles

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Takoluka posted:

If you aren't playing EDF on the go, you're not truly playing your Vita.

I did need an excuse to chant "EDF" in public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bean posted:

I love my vita, it's so nice. But I'm still openly bitter about not getting I Am Setsuna for Vita.

You're not really missing much and are better off playing CT for the tenth time.

• Locked thread