Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

the smart pistol is bullshit.

Whats the tick rate on this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The smart pistol was a regular weapon in the first game :v: It's really not that bullshitty. Sucks to get killed by and will score a cheap kill here and there but it's more useful for cleaning up grunts super fast than anything. it's really not amazing. The ammo and clip are super limited and someone with concentrated fire can still outshoot you pretty easily, with higher DPS weaons.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 22, 2018

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

Philman posted:

Whats the tick rate on this game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DfqxpNrXFw
60hz tick rate, 60hz upload rate (16.66ms difference between packets sent), 20hz download rate (50ms difference between packets received).

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

that video was good. It explains why this doesn't feel as tight as other games.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah smart pistol isn’t OP in the least bit. Don’t remember the last time I was killed by one

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was killed by a smart pistol the last time I played and my immediate reaction was "gently caress the smart pistol" and then I realized that it was the first time I was killed by one in as long as I can remember, and it was a dude riding on a titan, which is actually a pretty good use of it that I never thought of, so good on him.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

yeah I’m stealing that

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I think I got killed by the smart pistol... once? in a bit over 100 hours I played this game. I did equip it once and killed two guys making for a salty message like a year ago so well worth it.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I use the dice roll and every time I get the smart pistol I get at least 2 or 3 kills. It's op as gently caress I don't know what y'all are talking about

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Tick rate is how many times you get ticks from dice roll. I get em maybe once every couple matches.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

dragonshardz posted:

I definitely don't want a Titanfall with more than 12 players per match, but If TF3 has bigger maps and more grunts per map I would be happy. Also more voice lines for grunts, and maybe an optional "Commander" mode so one person on each team can play as eye-in-the-sky commanding the grunts so you have a better chance of seeing intelligent tactical moves from the grunts.

Hi Shardz :)

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Uh...hi?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone wanna play tonight

Like 7-9 PST or idk

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

How does that translate to UK time? I always get confused by american hours. Is it minus 9 hours right?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Guillermus posted:

How does that translate to UK time? I always get confused by american hours. Is it minus 9 hours right?

I need to get a few games in with you, added you a loooooooooooooooong time ago and kinda stopped playing. Nude_Tayne_

I'll prod you next time I'm on playing.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Whenever you guys see me online just send a message and I'll close anything to play this on a group. Problem is when I see a message at 5-6 a.m. (GMT+1) and I'm sleeping already :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm UK so we should be good.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

1 join the discord

2 somebody post some good loadouts there is so much here. i dont know what to pair with what.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Philman posted:

1 join the discord

2 somebody post some good loadouts there is so much here. i dont know what to pair with what.

Oh drat I didn’t know there was a discord!

From the OP:

Which one y’all in 🤔

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Philman posted:

1 join the discord

CAR, the anti-titan laser or EMP ball thing, your choice of sidearm, frags, the stealthy jump boost, grapple.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
Hey, if any of y'all on PC want to make your own gauntlets, or just gently caress about with the game as a sandbox, I finally released my mod I posted here last year. https://titanfallmods.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWTz66CQ8w8

Now I'll actually start playing the game again :v:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

That's awesome, I'll pick TF2 on PC at some point since it goes for dirt cheap and I'll be worth just to play the campaign again but this time with mouse aiming.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I can't help but wonder what this game would have looked like now were it published by Ubisoft instead of EA, given the former company's long-term commitment to its games in recent years.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
They certainly would not have sabotaged the game at release

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I played last night for the first time in six months and I still love it

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I still play a few games a week and have a blast. It seems like most of the pros have moved on to other games so there's not as much one player dominating the whole match going on too which is great.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Frontier Defense is still filled with giant morons trying to be hanjo and spending their money on 30 nuke rodeos

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

That feel when Tf2 goes PS+ and the multiplayer community rises from the ashes :rock:

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Easy mode FD is the hardest video game I’ve ever played.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

moist turtleneck posted:

Frontier Defense is still filled with giant morons trying to be hanjo and spending their money on 30 nuke rodeos

fwiw nuke ronin is fun as gently caress and adding nuke rodeos into the mix is fun too

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:lol: at pilots who don't embark in Scorch to defend the frontier

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh no doubt Ronin can be fun but it usually attracts a special kind of player that spends most of their time in the dropship circling the map

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh no doubt Ronin can be fun but it usually attracts a special kind of player that spends most of their time in the dropship circling the map

sometimes you just want to be That Guy doing dumb poo poo and having more fun-per-minute than anyone else

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Yeah its called fun, ever heard of it?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I doubt I have ever been That Guy in a video game no siree

https://i.imgur.com/MauScZs.gifv

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

lol this is too accurate

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Papa Scorch is king on F_D on any map. If you see drones you just use flame shield and bust entire waves :getin:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

:agreed:

Papa Scorch bless.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

:agreed:

Papa Scorch bless.