Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Just be a law school librarian so you don't have to rack up a cool quarter mil in debt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Also becoming a librarian, here at least, involves getting a Masters in Library Science which is just an excellent sounding qualification to have

yeah that really surprised me when i learned about it. you can't just like go apply to be a librarian or work your way up to it on the job, there's an assload of school you have to do. of course at the time i learned that my conception of librarian was "person who keeps books organized"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my ex has a library science degree so i'm biased against it. libraries are run by databasw coders and fundraising development people primarily and the people who have degrees are glorified front desk admins who have some experience with proprietary software. change my mind

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

my ex has a library science degree so i'm biased against it. libraries are run by databasw coders and fundraising development people primarily and the people who have degrees are glorified front desk admins who have some experience with proprietary software. change my mind

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mycophobia posted:

yeah that really surprised me when i learned about it. you can't just like go apply to be a librarian or work your way up to it on the job, there's an assload of school you have to do. of course at the time i learned that my conception of librarian was "person who keeps books organized"

Fungah has told me about his experience and I still think that's what a librarian is.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

if Fungah is librarian, my opinion is changed.

*Ichiban bow*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lorekeeping is not to be taken lightly. This is your final warning before I frame you for a new offense in TFR.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I agree, the third act suffered from a bit of movie magic. Furthermore,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ8RUwy7RQc

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My degree is in history and I strongly thought about going into library science. Well, bye.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lorekeeping (MA, 30 credits)
You know those books in Dragon Quest XI? You know the rest of the pages that the Luminary won't read.

Requirements: Introduction to JRPG, Elder Scrolls Wiki editing, the Ken Levine course (he has tenure),

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

My wife's brief period as an actual public librarian was mostly memorable because COVID hit in the middle of it and the only people still going outside were the multiple elderly white women who came into the library once a week asking for help printing out photos of Idris Elba

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Lorekeeping is not to be taken lightly. This is your final warning before I frame you for a new offense in TFR.

god drat right

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

yeh it's wild, also like th whole profession is in hella flux right now because theres a shitload of people tryin to cut all funding because thr internet nd ai mean that libraries dont need to exist anymore (wrong) so all the classes are half the stuff they used to teach and half them goin uhhhhh no clue what the next five years are gonna be like, buckle up

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

it'd be so sick if I got a job at one of those private archives nd got to change my title to loremaster

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Libraries kick rear end.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My degree is in history and I strongly thought about going into library science. Well, bye.

it was current events when you got it. topic locked

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the tude now posted:

I’ll let this one slide since it’s your birthday. Topic Unlocked.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Been watching the new season of The Jinx and I think Robert Durst might be the funniest man who ever lived.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Libraries kick rear end.

god drat right

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

it'd be so sick if I got a job at one of those private archives nd got to change my title to loremaster

if you need a lackey or toady in library scanarios i can send you my resume

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got the tude now posted:

I heard there’s a “current” in your blood, of the AIDS that you got from a sexual or competitive multiplayer gaming event.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Been watching the new season of The Jinx and I think Robert Durst might be the funniest man who ever lived.

he's only the second most important durst

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ahem. Bitch.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Ahem. Bitch.

sorry i missed your post. i do not have aids

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Bicyclops posted:

WHEREAS the Something Awful Forums LLC ("SA") wishes to train some of its members ("posters") in the legal profession and

WHEREAS the users in the Imp Zone subforum ("Imps)...

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

WHEREAS the Something Awful Forums LLC ("SA") wishes to train some of its members ("posters") in the legal profession and

WHEREAS the users in the Imp Zone subforum ("Imps)...

Don't forget the severability and indemnification clauses

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

not entirely wrong, but being a bibliographer for a research institution is a sweet gig. i worked at a major us research library inbetween undergrad and grad school as an acquisitions assistant and it was rad as hell-- buying lots of amazing rare books from very sketchy people on a very wealthy institution's dime for student use was surprisingly rewarding. pay sucked though, unless you were a bibliographer. they just literally spent all day poring over catalogs and reading books and asking us to buy things.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Aggro Dr1ft was good. Felt like a PSX cutscene the whole time

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Just finished reading the Nausicaa graphic novel.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

Just finished reading the Nausicaa graphic novel.

It's absolutely gorgeous isn't it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

whipped up a little rhyme to help us remember:

If the music be Rush but gayer,
A band named Yes is in your player.

Yet if the tune be gayer still,
It's Steely Dan that fits the bill.

thinkin about this post today

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Fungah! posted:

lol again

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

watched the first season of Hikaru no Go last night. owns.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Arch Nemesis posted:

watched the first season of Hikaru no Go last night. owns.

season...? :raise:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

first 12 episodes. ending sequence changes after that so I thought of it as a season

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

audiobooking Blood Meridian atm. bounced off it a while back but after listening to that bleak rear end Nuclear War book, figured it's time. and it's good as hell