Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Joementum posted:

"What do I think of these MI poll results? Oh, I'd say they're.................................. just the right height!"
                                                                          /

yess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Saurus posted:

If this is how you describe someone who cares nothing about race or national origin, what kind of language do you use to refer to actual racists?

Well, you say that, but...

The Saurus posted:

Around two-thirds of legal Hispanics in America speak english. I have nothing but respect for them. The other third should either learn english or leave. You've oviously never seen a hispanic enclave where every sign and service is in Spanish.

I don't care if illegals speak perfect english. I don't care if they're Australian, Japanese, Mexican, Russian or Whatever. They should still be deported.

...it's kind of hard for me to believe you, you see.

Epic High Five posted:

Let's not pretend we don't deserve that kind of treatment

I know at least 3 people who pay good money to be treated that way on weekends

What do you think the CPAC safeword is?

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012

Louis CK posted:

And really I’m not saying he’s evil or a monster. In fact I don’t think Hitler was.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Majorian posted:

What do you think the CPAC safeword is?

TRUMP!

*loses erection*

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

He's saying Trump will fix the economy and give everyone Volkswagens and the Autobahn.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Good thread title guys

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Joementum posted:

deadlocked conventionmentum

the media must be so pumped

it's going to be a circus

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Call me old fashioned but having your crowd sieg heil you isn't a great look

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

To be fair, that quote's a bit out of context. After that, he says the following:

quote:

The problem with saying that guys like that are monsters is that we don’t see them coming when they turn out to be human, which they all are. Everyone is. Trump is a messed up guy with a hole in his heart that he tries to fill with money and attention. He can never ever have enough of either and he’ll never stop trying. He’s sick. Which makes him really really interesting. And he pulls you towards him which somehow feels good or fascinatingly bad. He’s not a monster. He’s a sad man. But all this makes him horribly dangerous if he becomes president.

I don't agree with his letter 100% either, but I do understand the point he's making in this section, and it's a valid one. True historical monsters almost never look like monsters at the beginning.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Goetta posted:

Call me old fashioned but having your crowd sieg heil you isn't a great look

Really? Thanks for you input, citizen

*writes Goetta down on The List*

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

laffo trump has been cheating at the debates that owns

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

evilweasel posted:

What

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

Let's not pretend we don't deserve that kind of treatment

I know at least 3 people who pay good money to be treated that way on weekends

I just don't know the answer to "Has Barack stopped hitting the country yet?"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

evilweasel posted:

How does one cheat at presidential debates?:confused:

W-ow. Subtle.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Are you loving kidding me

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

lmao beautiful

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Garrison is like the most shameless trump booster of all but his cartoons are pretty drat great

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Majorian posted:

quote:

Proving once again that Donald Trump does whatever Donald Trump wants, the GOP frontrunner knowingly violated the rules at the Republican debate on Thursday night by speaking with his campaign manager during a commercial break, according to a report from CNN's Dylan Byers. Candidates are forbidden from communicating with their campaign staff during debate breaks, but that's apparently a rule which Trump has routinely broken at previous debates by speaking with manager Corey Lewandowski backstage. On Thursday night, however, Lewandowski actually came out onto stage to have the meeting. When Fox News staff were unable to convince him to leave, they then told the other campaigns that they could also have access to their candidates for the remainder of the debate, though it's unclear what impact, if any, this may have had on the candidates' performances.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Majorian posted:

this was really easy to find fyi

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/03/donald-trump-has-been-cheating-at-the-debates.html

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump's not kidding when the says the media is just steaming loving garbage

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 47 minutes!

is this the screw? or is this something that will be quietly grumbled about

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Haha what is this from?

Probably from a push poll.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

I figured CPAC.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yeah, but I was phoneposting, so~

Thanks though!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Haha what is this from?

A survey I got in the mail in here in OR. I once donated one cent to the Republican party so I could ultimately cost them more than that (in junk mail alone).

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Al! posted:

is this the screw? or is this something that will be quietly grumbled about

I assume it was to order the BBB fax that he handed to Megyn Kelly.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the best part is none of the other candidates can say a word about it without seeming like whiny losers

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

evilweasel posted:

the best part is none of the other candidates can say a word about it without seeming like whiny losers

Trump still can't let go of the "Cruz stole Carson's delegates" line of attack though.

Seems fair game to me, if anything, Cruz should be hammering Trump on this.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

evilweasel posted:

I don't give Trump much credit in terms of his political instincts - I think he's lucked out amazingly on a lot of fronts up to this point. But he does seem to have a talent of being able to prevent his opponents from retaliating without seeming like whiny losers. I'm not 100% certain of how he does it, but I'm guessing part of it just has to do with him being able to read his audience better than Cruz or Rubio.

e: I missed this earlier -

Epic High Five posted:

TRUMP!

*loses erection*

"JEB!"

*suddenly beset by low energy*

Majorian fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 6, 2016

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The difference is that Trump reacts to things like something resembling a normal human being, whereas politicians are trained to respond to criticism in an alien manner to avoid being "labeled" as something negative.

"Yeah I loving flip flopped - so what? People change their minds!"

vs.

"Although I said two insanely different things on video, what you don't understand is that I actually held the same position on immigration all along"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
I am curious how trump is going to steal the news day away from cruz and make his victory meaning less. he has done it before.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

cnn.com

*clicks thumbnail*

lol

PS: When the gently caress did the cnn.com frontpage become 80% clickbait and celebrity news? Goddamn travesty.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Mister Fister posted:

Trump still can't let go of the "Cruz stole Carson's delegates" line of attack though.

Seems fair game to me, if anything, Cruz should be hammering Trump on this.

ratfucking and not following the rules of debates are two different things. the hosts of the debates are spineless morons more concerned with the number of eyes watching their debate than they are with actually providing a legitimate debate platform. if they had a spine they would have done something about it but trump has been dealing with these idiots long enough to know they'd never eject ratings gold. cruz intentionally lying to carson supporters is totaly different.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Meanwhile, at CPAC: http://gawker.com/these-are-some-people-you-could-meet-at-cpac-1763090191

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Majorian posted:

I don't give Trump much credit in terms of his political instincts - I think he's lucked out amazingly on a lot of fronts up to this point. But he does seem to have a talent of being able to prevent his opponents from retaliating without seeming like whiny losers. I'm not 100% certain of how he does it, but I'm guessing part of it just has to do with him being able to read his audience better than Cruz or Rubio.

e: I missed this earlier -

"JEB!"

*suddenly beset by low energy*

Trump has a great instinct for campaigning, after all its basically all he's done his life.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pilsner posted:

cnn.com

*clicks thumbnail*

lol

PS: When the gently caress did the cnn.com frontpage become 80% clickbait and celebrity news? Goddamn travesty.

It's trendy to bash Fox News because they're flagrant, but at least they're also good at being flagrant poo poo heads

CNN is by far the worst of the main networks and they've outdone themselves this cycle

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Long rider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ShutteredIn posted:

Long rider.

I approve of both this guy and his belt buckle

Also how self-hating and deluded do you have to be to be a Log Cabin Republican? CPAC even stuck a traditional marriage booth near them that's been teeing off on them the whole time

• Locked thread