Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pox
Feb 16, 2015

ThirdPartyView posted:

Should have beaned al-Maliki instead, IMHO.

Thats why you wear two shoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Toaster Beef posted:

Not only that, he had pretty fantastic reflexes

I'll never get over the grin on his face after he successfully dodged it.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

theHUNGERian posted:

Does anybody else think that Trump is really doing an "I'm still here"-style mockumentary, and is actually aiming for an Oscar?
They'd have to make an actual EGOT trophy for him if that was the case.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Toaster Beef posted:

Not only that, he had pretty fantastic reflexes

Can't trouble the W.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Boosted_C5 posted:

There is nothing dumb about attacking Clinton over her greatest weakness as a candidate - being completely corrupt and perceiving herself as above the law and above we the little people.

What Clinton did was W-R-O-N-G. Period. She set up a private e-mail server to use for conducting the PUBLIC'S business. Unacceptable.

How do you feel about the Bush administration?

Alternatively, how did you feel about the Bush administration before glimpsing the Trump that lies behind our perceived reality? :cthulhu:

(Also, glad to hear you support Barack Obama's update to administration telecommunication policy, which mysteriously was implemented after Clinton left office.)

I, personally, think her behavior was sketchy but not illegal (barring discovery of a fuckup), and am 100% supportive of the Obama administration's move from "ehh, do what you want as long as it's secure and can be accessed for posterity" to "use the government servers".

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 6, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

To be fair, the state department got hacked big time and Clinton's servers didn't

Also wasn't the precedent set by Powell and Condi for running private servers? Was it okay then or something?

edit - lol of course they both did and whoops, turns out they received classified info which was confirmed but apparently it's alright if you're a Republican

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Epic High Five posted:

To be fair, the state department got hacked big time and Clinton's servers didn't

The inaccessibility of the emails by the public is the entire issue so I'm not sure this argument works for Clinton.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Cjs seem to be the ones most concerned about the email thing

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Pox posted:

Thats why you wear two shoes

He threw the second one at Bush right after that

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw78la_u4e8

Lindsey Graham going in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQN4BJtODUs

Why is Lindsey Graham almost likable now, and not while running for the presidency?

messagemode1 fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 6, 2016

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Lindsey Graham is a tremendous piece of poo poo, but id be lying if i said that i dont kind of love his whole bitchy southern dandy routine

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

paranoid randroid posted:

Lindsey Graham is a tremendous piece of poo poo, but id be lying if i said that i dont kind of love his whole bitchy southern dandy routine

Lindsey Graham is basically a sitcom character.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i would watch a nightly cable news show where its just Lindsey Graham and Alice Roosevelt talking poo poo about politicians

Alice Roosevelt on Calvin Coolidge posted:

He looks as though he's been weaned on a pickle.

And Thomas Dewey posted:

The little man on the wedding cake.

And her dad, Teddy posted:

Father always wanted to be the bride at every wedding, the corpse at every funeral, and the baby at every christening.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 6, 2016

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

messagemode1 posted:

Why is Lindsey Graham almost likable now, and not while running for the presidency?

He and John McCain are basically the two very last Waffen SS soldiers right before the end of the war that realized "oh god WERE the bad guys" but ended up getting tried for war crimes and hung anyway.

I mean they deserved it but brownie points for them coming around at the end to realize shits hosed.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Full Battle Rattle posted:

He could get testy with the press, especially when Iraq started dragging on well into his second term. If that's what you meant. He was also a party animal back in the day, it's what led to his teetotaling attitude while in office. Interesting side note, he was also in pretty good shape and liked to exercise regularly and was generally pretty health conscious, the son of a bitch.

He could bench 185 pounds for 5 reps, which is not too drat bad for a guy in his early 60s.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Epic High Five posted:

apparently it's alright if you're a Republican

Do you seriously believe anyone here thinks that, because

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Al! posted:

Cjs seem to be the ones most concerned about the email thing

People who know the most about technology seem to be the most concerned about this technology issue.

People who know the most about climate seem to be the most concerned about this climate issue.

People who know the most about poo poo posting seem to be the most concerned with your post.

hmmmm..... hmmm interesting

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

He always reminded me of Bill's cousin on "King of the Hill."

e: changed to the right clip.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 6, 2016

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
If I hadn't heard of Lindsey Graham, and then he showed up on Alpha House, I would assume he was a fictional character created for the show. He's a piece of poo poo, but I appreciate him for existing, and for his bizarre sidekick relationship with John McCain.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Venom Snake posted:

He and John McCain are basically the two very last Waffen SS soldiers right before the end of the war that realized "oh god WERE the bad guys" but ended up getting tried for war crimes and hung anyway.

I mean they deserved it but brownie points for them coming around at the end to realize shits hosed.

What's wrong with skulls?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

I could see McCain playing Jodl in a new Nuremberg movie.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pick posted:

reagan thought starring alongside a chimpanzee was a good idea

But enough about HW

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
Wichitalking about Cruz?

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
Obligatory representing Cruz Crew since Rand dropped. :golfclap:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spatula City posted:

If I hadn't heard of Lindsey Graham, and then he showed up on Alpha House, I would assume he was a fictional character created for the show. He's a piece of poo poo, but I appreciate him for existing, and for his bizarre sidekick relationship with John McCain.

Say what you will about Andrew Sullivan; I'll always adore the man for constantly referring to Graham as "Butters" (ie: Cartman's timid, frequent sidekick on South Park).

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Whatever happened to Sullivan anyway?

Pox
Feb 16, 2015

whydirt posted:

He quit blogging right after his site put up a paywall, maybe because his health is bad. Hes on tv sometimes.

Pox
Feb 16, 2015
Not a paywall, actually. You had to pay to expand some of his posts, most of which were jsut quoting other bloggers.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

SSH IT ZOMBIE posted:

Obligatory representing Cruz Crew since Rand dropped. :golfclap:

I hope the nasty little homunculus wins the nom

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pro click

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqbZEWhckis

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i love RCP's election thingummy where you can play with vote totals
like, if whites break for trump by 63% (romney got them by a bit more than 60%, and there's no black candidate on the ballot)
and he boosts white turnout by 3%
and black turnout falls to 65% because obama's not on the ballot
and 25% of latino voters still support the Republican party (they got a bit more than 27% last time but i'd say a drop is likely
and no more latinos turn out than in 2012
then hillary wins in a squeaker
if trump loses just 1% of whites, so he's still at 62%, 2% more than romney got against obama
hillary wins by nearly 70 electoral votes

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/08/26/demographics_and_the_2016_election_scenarios.html

it's really fun to mess with

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
http://youtubedoubler.com/hMgB

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

whydirt posted:

Pox posted:

He quit blogging right after his site put up a paywall, maybe because his health is bad. Hes on tv sometimes.

That's my understanding. I actually miss his blog posts a lot; I disagree with him on a lot of things, but he's someone who argues his beliefs in good faith, and he's good at reading the way political races are going. Plus he's one of the few former supporters of the Iraq War who openly and unrestrainedly admits that it was an unbelievably big mistake and it was really stupid to support it.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Al! posted:

I hope the nasty little homunculus wins the nom

Could you be a little more specific?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Oh sorry. I knew he quit blogging. I just didn't know if he'd done anything of note since.

Pox
Feb 16, 2015

Majorian posted:

That's my understanding. I actually miss his blog posts a lot; I disagree with him on a lot of things, but he's someone who argues his beliefs in good faith, and he's good at reading the way political races are going. Plus he's one of the few former supporters of the Iraq War who openly and unrestrainedly admits that it was an unbelievably big mistake and it was really stupid to support it.

I miss his blog too, mostly because he was better at linking to interesting things than anything Ive found since. His writing was fine too, its just funny that a smart guy took 20 years to realize american conservatives were different than Tories.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

messagemode1 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQN4BJtODUs

When Lindsey thinks you're too much of a warhawk, you have problems.

Lindsey Graham loving said you're too excited about bombing people. I mean dang.

Pick fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 6, 2016

Pox
Feb 16, 2015

whydirt posted:

Oh sorry. I knew he quit blogging. I just didn't know if he'd done anything of note since.

depends if being mad about Hilary Clinton on the Bill Maher show is considered noteworthy. I dont think he writes anything anymore.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What happens to Rubio's career after this? After this he blows his GOP up-and-coming status. He doesn't have a ton of political experience to fall-back on and will he even be able to win a major office in Florida again if he loses to Trump there? Is it just small potatoes positions, consulting/lobbying work, and/or appointed positions? Or does he get scrapped for spare parts to be used in RomneyBot v3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

What happens to Rubio's career after this? After this he blows his GOP up-and-coming status. He doesn't have a ton of political experience to fall-back on and will he even be able to win a major office in Florida again if he loses to Trump there? Is it just small potatoes positions, consulting/lobbying work, and/or appointed positions? Or does he get scrapped for spare parts to be used in RomneyBot v3?

he gets broken down into scrap and is used to build the next Hot GOP Up-and-Comer who will inevitably gently caress up a SoTU response and become a joke. so the cycle continues

• Locked thread