Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

stillvisions posted:

I own one of these: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/squier-badtz-maru-bronco-electric-bass-guitar

A friend was getting rid of it since she discovered she wasn't as keen on playing bass as she thought, so I picked it up cheap and the small size makes it good for my small hands. Fun for playing around on at least. Needs a thumb rest, however.

that is too beautiful for words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

Dewgy posted:

that is too beautiful for words

More guitars need photos of people hugging them tightly showing their love.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

booshi posted:

i didn't even see that, dang

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

booshi posted:

I'm the criss cross part

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I was just randomly browsing around looking up a bass question, when I saw a link to this article.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/articles/a-meditation-on-aesthetics-and-mojo-in-electronics

quote:

A great looking pedal says just as much about the artist as it does the builder. For the artist, a unique pedal shows non-conformity, a taste for the custom, the obscure, the finer things in life.

quote:

Why make it look good? You look at it all the time, and if you perform I'm sure you have noticed the folks that come up to the stage, not to ogle you and your sick licks, but to check out your board. Give them some eye candy.

Seriously it is a goldmine. I am sure audiences are spending tons of time admiring the things you are stomping on.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
no but there's always one or two dudes, always dudes, standing near the front in between bands gawping at the pedalboards

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

comes along bort posted:

no but there's always one or two dudes, always dudes, standing near the front in between bands gawping at the pedalboards

Yeah, totally worth it to spend $300+ on boutique pedals to impress weirdo neckbeards.

edit: I think some pedal artwork is definitely cool, just not the delusions that go with it.

unlawfulsoup fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 16, 2015

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
The second point is fair, really. Why not make it look cool? Not for anyone else, but just make things look awesome for you, because you're looking at the things all the time.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I guess I was off base then, it just feels like a stretch to me that anyone worth caring about, would care about pedals outside of the person who stares at them every-time they play. vOv

unlawfulsoup fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 16, 2015

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Well that thing is just hideous. But if the player likes it :shrug:

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

comes along bort posted:

You can always tell who they are too, because their arms are folded during the show.

The best ones are those who know your rig better than you do or feel the need to unburden themselves of their helpful tips on how to improve your sound.

Content or not?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

iostream.h posted:

You can always tell who they are too, because their arms are folded during the show.

The best ones are those who know your rig better than you do or feel the need to unburden themselves of their helpful tips on how to improve your sound.

Content or not?

it's hsh so I hate it

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i usually talk to players about their gear as a segue to talk to them and get to know them <:)>

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

it's hsh so I hate it
Yeah I wanted a hss but it wasn't available.

Smash it Smash hit posted:

i usually talk to players about their gear as a segue to talk to them and get to know them <:)>
Oh man I don't mind talking to people about gear and poo poo at all, that's cool and I've met some good new friends that way.

It's the tonespergs or the gear gurus or whatever that are insufferable.
The guy a couple of weeks ago who kept following me around (dragging his girlfriend behind him) insisting that I couldn't have a pedalboard with no audio signal running through it especially since I had 4 wah pedals on it and then decided that I was actually using it to trigger backing tracks (we don't use tracks) and that I was basically playing air guitar.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

iostream.h posted:

Yeah I wanted a hss but it wasn't available.

Oh man I don't mind talking to people about gear and poo poo at all, that's cool and I've met some good new friends that way.

It's the tonespergs or the gear gurus or whatever that are insufferable.
The guy a couple of weeks ago who kept following me around (dragging his girlfriend behind him) insisting that I couldn't have a pedalboard with no audio signal running through it especially since I had 4 wah pedals on it and then decided that I was actually using it to trigger backing tracks (we don't use tracks) and that I was basically playing air guitar.

shoulda just leaned in and whispered in his ear " you got me" and then walk away.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

iostream.h posted:

Content or not?

Content? I imagine so.

Still would.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

iostream.h posted:

Content or not?

how exactly did they miss the dead center of the guitar???

i like the colors/motif but that's an rear end paintjob

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Dewgy posted:

They didn't, I can't get the pic to look right, but it's intentional, looks like it dripped/dribbled/melted away from the pickups.
I thought the same thing the first time I saw a pic of it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
yoooo suhrs are sick

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

iostream.h posted:

They didn't, I can't get the pic to look right, but it's intentional, looks like it dripped/dribbled/melted away from the pickups.
I thought the same thing the first time I saw a pic of it.

uhhhh

hm

i mean maybe i could see that working but iunno, take a blowtorch to or something more obvious like that

if it looks better in person though whatev

Psychotic Puggle
May 21, 2012

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash!
Don't you touch my loving Honeytone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9T2MyD-DLU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dewgy posted:

basically that yeah

Also I've occasionally wondered what pedals people are using, sure, but the only time I've stared at them was once when I saw Money Mark, and he was trying to get his, like, three or four pedals working (literally just some pedals pulled out of a duffel bag and strewn across the floor near the mic) and one of them wasn't getting power, so it was loving the whole chain. Eventually I think he just yanked them and played straight into the amp from there.

Yeah, I was expecting him to play keys, too.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 17, 2015

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous
Hey guys? Romeo Rose is selling his Juliet because he only plays B.C. Rich now.

$3000 for a guitar that has never been played by a real guitarist.

http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/4984855472.html

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

BigHustle posted:

Seriously that guy and his guitar are like 99% of what I hate about music and people in one source.

unlawfulsoup fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Apr 19, 2015

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

BigHustle posted:

I love how he uses roughly the same amount of space repping himself as he does selling the guitar.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

BigHustle posted:

You have room to haggle. He was down to $1500 in the old Romeo Rose callout thread when Mr. Horseteeth bought an account.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
http://www.stewmac.com/Pickups_and_...rce=EPA#details

that's kinda neat and all, but lol tone box

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

I've been speaking to the person who designed this, he's a pretty cool guy. Lol at that price though, loving Stew Mac.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Why is it green. They make all those parts in black.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

The idea itself is good, though. People seem terrified to solder so anything that helps them get around that should sell well.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

White Dog Eggs posted:

I've been speaking to the person who designed this, he's a pretty cool guy. Lol at that price though, loving Stew Mac.

yeah it's a good idea, but 80 bucks c'mon now

everythingWasBees posted:

Why is it green. They make all those parts in black.

dunno. i always see green or blue terminal blocks on stuff

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 20, 2015

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

unlawfulsoup posted:

Outlet Tone.

That reminded me of this guy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwIvUbOhcKE

White Dog Eggs posted:

I sent a neck out earlier today, the guy seemed like a fun sort so I marked the box "Sex Toys (batteries not included)" on the customs declaration. He added me on Facebook and I just found out he's a Pentacostalist preacher. Eep.

This is brilliant.

Oscar Romeo Romeo fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 20, 2015

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

Considered doing something like this once upon a time, but how often do you really rewire? Also, that price tag. :newlol: That's like five bucks worth of stuff not counting shipping if you hit up someplace cheap for your parts.

crashdome
Jun 28, 2011

Assembled in the USA (his kitchen).

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
EVH interviews were always awkward reads

i grew up thinking the guy was retarded except for when he played guitar

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

ZombieParts posted:

This is basically every guitar player

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
^^ I disagree. Some guys actually acknowledge their influences and are genuinely humble about their talent. ^^

ZombieParts posted:

Amen. He always came off as so goddamn arrogant.

Not even from the old days: "Yeah was have this song, it's called Pleasure Dome. It's about Kubla Khan's Xanadu. What do you mean the main riff is exactly the same as an old Rush song called Xanadu? Nah, it was totally our idea! Never heard of it, man. Please."
"What do you mean you could sing 'Every Breath You Take' over 'I Can't Stop Loving You' and it sounds perfect? That's ridiculous."
"Best of Both Worlds? Celebrate? What? Who's AC/DC? Never heard of fuckin' any of 'em. They been around or somethin'?"

That moment when you realize your idol is a total douche who can't give any credit to anyone, ever; because his ego simply must deny any semblance of reality...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yeah but he wrote "Hot For Teacher" so who gives a gently caress, it's the only song from their catalog that matters.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Sire Oblivion posted:

Yeah but he wrote "Hot For Teacher" so who gives a gently caress, it's the only song from their catalog that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Spanish Manlove posted:

both these guitars and this whole band in general for everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnj2DG7gJIs

Perhaps because I'm not a musician, my biggest problem was with that guy's stupid earplugs. And I hope there's a day where proggy, technical metal can do something with vocals other than either Cookie Monster, or Bruce Dickinson.

• Locked thread