Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

raditts posted:

She must be on a press tour over there or something, because she was on a different bbc show earlier today.

I think it's a good bet that Hillary Clinton will not get drunk, or even be funny or entertaining like most of the guests are. I know that major political figures are a huge get for talk shows, but I don't know why the audience should be excited for this one. Who knows, maybe she'll prove me wrong though.

Yeah she's going to be terrible on Graham Norton. You're supposed to let loose like when Bill Murray and Matt Damon got hammered on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

Yeah I saw on the AV Club that this season has been really good so far?

The whole show has always been pretty good but they're starting to get into batman poo poo now so turbonerds can tune in and not rage too hard I guess.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rarity posted:

I just saw the latest gently caress Scientology and holy poo poo. That is literal human rights abuses there. Someone's got to be able to do something legally with that.
The hosed up thing is they've been getting away with it for several decades now. I feel like if someone had found a way to shut them down for good, that would've been done already. They'd just regroup and maybe change names/locations but still do the same hosed up poo poo they've been doing for ages in the name of a science fiction writer.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mindhunter is just amazing. It's loving riveting, Kemper is a dope character.

He's the tech guy from Stitchers

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Excited to get to it but gonna catch up with everything else first. Are we still not gonna see the new Crazy Ex-Girlfriend opening sequence in the premiere :(

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Josh Lyman posted:

Guests get drunk and tell embarrassing stories

Or if you're Mark Walhberg, get drunk and embarrass yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsAqrrW3ZJc

Miriam Margolyes is usually very funny every time she's on it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Graham Norton is the only celebrity interview show I care about. It's always great.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

With Craig Ferguson's late night show gone now, Norton is the only one I care about watching every now and then.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I watch The Last Leg, Mock the Week and HIGNFY because it's a lot easier to listen to the news of the world when it's delivered by comedians with funny accents, and your own disasters take a backseat to hearing about somebody else's mess.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Has scientology changed up their schtick over the years at all? Seems like it must have been a pretty new and upcoming thing when they got their hooks in Cruise and Travolta and 30+ years of success since then has got to have an effect on their core message.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My understanding of Scientology's situation is that they are facing a massive membership shrinkage and that they're only surviving because of all the movie stars.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why come in a lot of TV shows when a character is about to get served papers the delivery man always has to trick them first with like delivering pizza or flowers or something

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The celebrities have to be doing it for the connections right. Elizabeth Moss doesn't appear to be a retard in interviews.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

The celebrities have to be doing it for the connections right. Elizabeth Moss doesn't appear to be a retard in interviews.

Much like Leah Remini she has been part of the church since she was a child or a teenager and when familial relations are stuck in there is when it gets hard. Cults are a helluva thing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

Why come in a lot of TV shows when a character is about to get served papers the delivery man always has to trick them first with like delivering pizza or flowers or something

People have to verbally accept the delivery and they might not do that if they know it’s papers, so they have to pretend it’s something else. At least, that’s what I’ve been told.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Because process servers have to confirm a person's identity and if someone knows you're trying to serve them they can just say it isn't them.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Is there something to Leah Remini's Scientology expose that separates it from the others? The impression I got from watching Going Clear and reading that one New Yorker article about Paul Haggis is that if you've gone through one thing that tells the truth about Scientology, you've gone through them all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

get that OUT of my face posted:

Is there something to Leah Remini's Scientology expose that separates it from the others? The impression I got from watching Going Clear and reading that one New Yorker article about Paul Haggis is that if you've gone through one thing that tells the truth about Scientology, you've gone through them all.

Her series focuses on specific cases being discussed by the people directly involved, which is more of a gut punch than Going Clear.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

precision posted:

Her series focuses on specific cases being discussed by the people directly involved, which is more of a gut punch than Going Clear.
That'd do it, then.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, you might not be learning new broad details but it's basically a propoganda war. If Scientology is going to be taken down or reformed it will be through people like Remini changing the public perception over time.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Bruceski posted:

I watch The Last Leg, Mock the Week and HIGNFY because it's a lot easier to listen to the news of the world when it's delivered by comedians with funny accents, and your own disasters take a backseat to hearing about somebody else's mess.

Channel 4 has some show coming up next week about Trump's Russia connections, so now I have to see that ugly fuckers face and hear his doofy moron voice every goddamn commercial break during countdown or gbbo. It's like come on, 90% of my motivation for watching British tv is so I can avoid that poo poo.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Fare thee well, Halt and Catch Fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OO2PuGz-H8

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Season two of Bosch wrapped (i had the day off). Fantastic through and through. Eager to jump into season 3.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Season two of Bosch wrapped (i had the day off). Fantastic through and through. Eager to jump into season 3.

J Edgar rulez!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Wait, how the gently caress do I watch Mr Robot s3?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snak posted:

Wait, how the gently caress do I watch Mr Robot s3?

Well first you need to turn your tv on.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Well first you need to turn your tv on.

What I mean is, it doesn't seem to be on Amazon Prime like season 2 was.

And Season 1.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s pay to watch on Amazon. Wasn’t the last two seasons like that too? I’m sure it was.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

EL BROMANCE posted:

It’s pay to watch on Amazon. Wasn’t the last two seasons like that too? I’m sure it was.

Snak posted:

What I mean is, it doesn't seem to be on Amazon Prime like season 2 was.

And Season 1.

With all the quality tv they have I'm kind of shock that USA hasn't started up their own streaming service.

I'd pay $5 a month to watch the old UP ALL NIGHT bumpers.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Oh, amazon's search just sucks, then. I searched for "mr robot" first hit Mr Robot s1. Second hit Mr Robot s3. 3rd hit Ex Machina. 4th hit "Mr. Hublot", 5th hit "Mr Bean the Animated Series".

I eventually found it under "all departments". I guess "prime video rent or buy" is not the correct thing to search under if I want to buy mr robot s3.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Halt and Catch Fire had one of the better series finales I can remember.
It's a good program which really shows how some people can change, and not change, throughout their lives.

I hope Lee Pace and Kerry Bishe gets more projects.

Makenzie Davis seems to be getting roles in films.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wow, I had no idea ep 10 of HaCF was airing tonight as well as 9. Wont get to watch them for a little while but I am PUUUUUMPED

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

xerxus posted:

Halt and Catch Fire had one of the better series finales I can remember.
It's a good program which really shows how some people can change, and not change, throughout their lives.

I hope Lee Pace and Kerry Bishe gets more projects.

Lee Pace is one of the most handsome sons of bitches alive, and Kerry Bishe's whole story arc in this final season was outstanding. Especially the character development with her daughters and Cameron.

xerxus posted:

Makenzie Davis seems to be getting roles in films.

Yeah, she was just in Blade Runner 2049 and is apparently the star of a new Diablo Cody/Jason Reitman comedy starring Charlize Theron, Mark Duplass and Ron Livingston.

Toby Huss also killed it as Bos on HACF. Bos is the best.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Gonz posted:

Lee Pace is one of the most handsome sons of bitches alive

Oddly enough, I've never found him attractive on this show. Not as a personality, and certainly not in looks. It was a huge cognitive disconnect when I first started watching.

(It's a super good show, I'm just being a shallow dorkus.)

Edit: Oh, and there's no way Lee Pace won't show up in an episode of Fuller's Amazing Stories. Hell, I'm pretty sure we'll see Caroline Dhavernas as well.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lee Pace makes me want to swear off women and offer him my body to bear his children.

Can't wait to watch HaCF finale!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mindhunter is a good show

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

Mindhunter is a good show

Confirmed.

Dirk Gently is back guys.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Oct 15, 2017

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

The Halt and Catch Fire finale was really good and I felt myself getting verklempt towards the end but Peter Gabriel will do that to you.

Gonz posted:

Lee Pace is one of the most handsome sons of bitches alive, and Kerry Bishe's whole story arc in this final season was outstanding. Especially the character development with her daughters and Cameron.

I really disliked Cameron in seasons 1 and 2 but drat if I wasn't rooting for her and Donna this entire season. Give everybody on that show all the awards, please.

Also Lee Pace and Kerry Bishe are unfairly attractive people. Pace's eyebrow game is stronger than Peter Gallagher's and I didn't think that was humanly possible.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What the hell was Donna's idea at the diner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Mu Zeta posted:

What the hell was Donna's idea at the diner

I personally think it's probably some precursor to ePaying or using the internet to pay for things. Community was already something of an eBay-esque precursor in the late 80s and 1996 is around the time PayPal and Elon Musk's X or whatever were being developed.

• Locked thread