Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Haven't seen it but saw a clip where Scott Grimes sings and I just wanna shove him into a sandwich

:wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbyp0RbpbmY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
When I say I want to shove a man into a sandwich, it is an affectionate thing!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

American Dad is where he puts the good jokes, Family Guy is just a project to make money to try and make his own scifi. I mean it worked! He's just stuck with the legacy he created in securing funding.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Plant MONSTER. posted:

When I say I want to shove a man into a sandwich, it is an affectionate thing!

Oh, in that case, carry on! :hai:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

pixaal posted:

American Dad is where he puts the good jokes, Family Guy is just a project to make money to try and make his own scifi. I mean it worked! He's just stuck with the legacy he created in securing funding.

oh I dont think he works on AD at all anymore other than voicing it. FG for that matter either come to think of it.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrv8mDjrb0o

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

American Dad is made by people who loving love American Dad and it shows in a majorly positive way. It's the only animated sitcom I can think of that properly understands it's a cartoon and can do literally whatever it wants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDKrv5PE0cw

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

American Dad can do Golden Age era Simpsons style sign gags. I nearly choked on my drink when I saw a school sign say “ASHAMED TO BE SERVING BOAR’S HEAD.”

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Punkinhead posted:

American Dad is made by people who loving love American Dad and it shows in a majorly positive way. It's the only animated sitcom I can think of that properly understands it's a cartoon and can do literally whatever it wants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDKrv5PE0cw

Lol that got me good, thinking I should start watching more ICP.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Haven't seen it but saw a clip where Scott Grimes sings and I just wanna shove him into a sandwich

That’s like the best part of American Dad, but I can’t vouch for his amazing abilities when not doing Steve’s voice.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I immediately understood that eating the angelic voiced funny man in a sandwich was a positive and loving gesture :colbert:

But yeah other shows feel like they're controlled by people who don't really enjoy the show as much as the fans, especially the newest Simpsons, but I never get that feeling from American Dad

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

American Dad is one of the best animated comedies on TV, but for completely different reasons than King of the Hill. Instead of KotH's grounded heartfelt content, AD revels in surrealist comedy and sight gags that almost verge on monkey-dishwasher territory but somehow always land perfectly (ICP funeral is a great example).

Roger is also one of the greatest characters ever created.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPqwy6gv0KQ

Yeah American Dad is great.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
It helps that American Dad has a concept that lends itself naturally to both everyday and out-there plots, with Stan's CIA job and Roger and all. They can have crazy globetrotting adventures and also mundane domestic farce and it doesn't need any justification either way.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
P stew sounds old though I worry for him

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Oh god tell me that's a real thing I can buy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

The Bible posted:

Oh god tell me that's a real thing I can buy

It was at a toy store in Austin I went shopping at and was just a logo they had made for their pusheen merchandise sadly.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Don't cry for me

I'm already dead

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

These would be terrifying in real life

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Fishstick posted:

Don't cry for me

I'm already dead

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Oh my god

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I will not eat the white man’s white meat.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

This whole hating thanksgiving thing couldn't have come at a worse time

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
OHMYGOD ITS SO JUICY

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Hey John Redcorn, do your people celebrate Thanksgiving?

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

stealie72 posted:

Hey John Redcorn, do your people celebrate Thanksgiving?

we did... once.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The day before Thanksgiving is, in my opinion, one of the busiest travel days of the year.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Zero One posted:

The day before Thanksgiving is, in my opinion, one of the busiest travel days of the year.

oh my god. For so long I've gotten the quote mixed up in my head and thought it was the day after was one of the busiest shopping days of the year

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Milo and POTUS posted:

oh my god. For so long I've gotten the quote mixed up in my head and thought it was the day after was one of the busiest shopping days of the year

She says both. In the airport episode it's about travel. She says that about shopping in "Nine Pretty Darn Angry Men".

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Yup. I’ve waffled about which one it is before, but she definitely claims both at different times. Good call on the specific episodes, too.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/XmmHoam7y5U?si=NtXoEFwxTxacCr6k

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

How much was peggy making anyway? I know being a teacher in texas probably plays garbageola but a sub was probably making much shittier. does she bankroll her own schemes?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Enough to cover publishing hey weekly musings.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Milo and POTUS posted:

How much was peggy making anyway? I know being a teacher in texas probably plays garbageola but a sub was probably making much shittier. does she bankroll her own schemes?

She was out in front of the feet pictures gravy train but never took advantage of her ground floor status.

I doubt she makes much of anything, really and it's kind of borne out with the Megalife episode or whatever it was. SAme with the Mensa episode. Peggy getting caught up in an MLM and all that motivational smoke blowing bullshit they peddle but not just simply setting up her own fetish website is pretty on point for the character. She seems to do a lot of work as a mom and handling domestic responsibilities though and that's worth a lot.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

She was out in front of the feet pictures gravy train but never took advantage of her ground floor status.

I doubt she makes much of anything, really and it's kind of borne out with the Megalife episode or whatever it was. SAme with the Mensa episode. Peggy getting caught up in an MLM and all that motivational smoke blowing bullshit they peddle but not just simply setting up her own fetish website is pretty on point for the character. She seems to do a lot of work as a mom and handling domestic responsibilities though and that's worth a lot.

She's also a notary though, so there's that.

Pretty much every time we see her do domestic work, she fucks it up though. Destroyed Hank's jeans, ruined the yard with Winklebottom, killed every flower she tried to grow, ruined at least one Thanksgiving meal, and probably more I don't remember. Pretty much everything that makes the Hill house great was done/maintained by Hank, although he did once almost gas them to death. The only thing she really has is spapeggy and meatballs and maybe apple brown betties.

Peggy just fucks around all day with low-effort "intellectual" pursuits such as Boggle and writing terrible newspaper columns. Hank doesn't mind because it suits his 1950's attitude of "A woman's place is in the home" perfectly.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

The Bible posted:

Hank doesn't mind because it suits his 1950's attitude of "A woman's place is in the home" perfectly.

I'd give him more credit than that. This is the guy who came to see his wife teach a sex ed class despite his deep sexual hangups. That was a great episode, and one of a few episodes that show how Peggy's intractability and belief in herself occasionally lead her to take genuinely courageous moral stands.