Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i think it was a totally unnecessary change and a waste of developer resources for the 8 people who will benefit from this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
the joke is that only 8 people market trade enough to see the benefit in any meaningful capacity, not that there are only 8 players left playing the game. sorry, just wanted to clarify.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i think it was a totally unnecessary change and a waste of developer resources for the 8 people who will benefit from this.

It likely took less time to code this feature than it took to post on the blog about it. I'm sure they are not doing it in a good way that will improve the UI or anything. I bet it will now be impossible to update an order with your scroll wheel for example. Thats going to be fun, typing out 4 digits for every order instead of 1.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

tyler posted:

Or if all of the pads are full because people didn't enter the hanger

Oops, this isn't the elite dangerous thread

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

CainFortea posted:

I'm just havin a good chuckle over someone trying to school weasilor on market manipulation.

rutibex's next act will be to teach me how to lose titans and globby how to bump and whine about being banned

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"
I think more significant is the new rule that modifying an order will cost 1/2 - 1/4 the cost of creating it in the first place. I wonder if they're trying to suck large amounts of ISK out of the system in anticipation of losing large amounts of players.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Market update sucks, ccp sucks (not news tbh), market trading 'entrance fee' will be raised and it essentially convert trading into a more dedicated profession.
Will this fight 0.01 bots that this is aimed at? Hell loving no, as always.

Also character transfers are no longer doable via PLEX. CCP is literally tring to kill the game. I move my 'maintenance mode' predictions from 2025 to 2024 or even 2023.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

unironically if these market changes are how weasel describes them then i will resub and get back to doing moongoo

i liked doing it but god loving drat did i hate doing the market part of it. i was doing some kind of PI across 8 characters making a shitload of some kind of drone thing and selling it to BBTB for like 2b every 5 days and the only reason it was tolerable was because i had a guaranteed buyer and i had a guy supplying all the P1 for me

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hobologist posted:

I think more significant is the new rule that modifying an order will cost 1/2 - 1/4 the cost of creating it in the first place. I wonder if they're trying to suck large amounts of ISK out of the system in anticipation of losing large amounts of players.

you're right, i keep forgetting this

this means that 0.1%ing people adds up fast - it's really gonna penalize people relisting their stuff compared to just waiting for the market to clear to their price. even if you only 0.1% a few times and there's still profit, you'll have given away a lot of that profit already in broker fees. you can't afford to change an order all that many times even if your movement hasn't already crushed profit out of the market.

i'll need to think through how that will play out some more

(it's not about sucking isk out of the economy in anticipation of losing players though - losing players does that automatically because the money is sitting on dead character wallets)

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 27, 2020

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

despite doing the most shadiest poo poo i've ever done over the last year, i've yet to eat a ban

i think it's because i don't care any more, and pretty much do it all out of game

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Market update sucks, ccp sucks (not news tbh), market trading 'entrance fee' will be raised and it essentially convert trading into a more dedicated profession.
Will this fight 0.01 bots that this is aimed at? Hell loving no, as always.

Also character transfers are no longer doable via PLEX. CCP is literally tring to kill the game. I move my 'maintenance mode' predictions from 2025 to 2024 or even 2023.

The only good thing about that update is the permanent filaments and the titan changes.

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"

evilweasel posted:

(it's not about sucking isk out of the economy in anticipation of losing players though - losing players does that automatically because the money is sitting on dead character wallets)

I was advancing the hypothesis that the players they lose are more likely to be people who occupy the 5200 non-Jita systems, so their absence would lead to a greater concentration of ISK among traders that is to be dealt with somehow.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm mining in my little venture mining tugboat!

Hachiman
Jun 17, 2018

Rutibex posted:

:shrug:
We will see what happens! I am honestly very curious. I think the 0.01 isk thing is a red herring, but the nerf to Margin Trading will be deadly for the economy. Only time will tell. I'm not going to be buying anything in anticipation because I honestly don't know what will happen. Economies do weird stuff when they are tinkered with like this.

I agree, we have to wait and see what happens. I won't do anything precipitated.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Chalkece posted:

The only good thing about that update is the permanent filaments and the titan changes.

1 step forward 2 steps backwards ccp style
only thing they do 20 steps backwards

titan changes are bad because far less idiots will be titan crabbing, meaning less potential targets, bfg and rorq changes go into that bin too.

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

AntherUslessPoster posted:

titan changes are bad because far less idiots will be titan crabbing, meaning less potential targets, bfg and rorq changes go into that bin too.

Yeah that's true. You don't really have a change to tackle a titan anymore, just rorquals and supers.
I mean it's nice to kill a super, it's just not the same.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

SHISHKABOB posted:

I'm mining in my little venture mining tugboat!

:kimchi: a poster after my own heart!!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

killing titans now is still less impressive and less satisfying than killing a super in 2012.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

My only titan kill was a guy who logged in, saw us in local and immediately logged out. He apparently didn't know about staying in space for 1 minute or didn't think we would get to him in time.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/80538489/

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

https://www.eveonline.com/article/q6f8js/eve-fanfest-2020-canceled

bless papa nugle

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Someone in Finance is breathing a sigh of relief right now.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

did everyone go this crazy for the SARS outbreak or does it suddenly only matter because corvid-19 is primarily killing old people

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

did everyone go this crazy for the SARS outbreak or does it suddenly only matter because corvid-19 is primarily killing old people

SARS didn't spread this far. corvid's spread is what people were worried about happening with SARS, but got stopped.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

white people are freaking out because it's spread outside of east asian countries this go round

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I was waiting for that announcement, heh.

Already cancelled my airbnb and hoping to get a refund for my airline tickets (I bought cheap cattle-class tickets, so it's only $220 anyways...)

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
rutibex two questions came to mind: first, did minecraft in some way inspire you to play eve, and second did you try to make a rifter in MC

I wish to ask you something you have non-negative expertise in

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Good Dumplings posted:

rutibex two questions came to mind: first, did minecraft in some way inspire you to play eve, and second did you try to make a rifter in MC

You're asking him to post, a field he has negative expertise in.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Wibla posted:

I was waiting for that announcement, heh.

Already cancelled my airbnb and hoping to get a refund for my airline tickets (I bought cheap cattle-class tickets, so it's only $220 anyways...)

Wait, was that $220 for round-trip?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Wait, was that $220 for round-trip?

Yeah, :norway: supremacy.

Downside: Oslo - Las Vegas round trip tickets are expensive as gently caress ($1200+) for premium economy.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Good Dumplings posted:

I played EVE back before minecraft was even a thing. I have made several space ships, but never a Rifter specifically sorry.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Wibla posted:

Yeah, :norway: supremacy.

Downside: Oslo - Las Vegas round trip tickets are expensive as gently caress ($1200+) for premium economy.

Dang, I forgot you aren't in North America...

I was surprised the price was so low. Was about to start planning an Icelandic vacation.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i was just in vegas and ran into a group of swedes who for some reason didnt speak enough english to get to where they wanted to go

after i told them how to get to the other terminal i asked them why the hell they flew all the way to vegas and they were there to see the grand canyon and party lol

thats my skandi in vegas story thanks for reading

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i was just in vegas and ran into a group of swedes who for some reason didnt speak enough english to get to where they wanted to go

after i told them how to get to the other terminal i asked them why the hell they flew all the way to vegas and they were there to see the grand canyon and party lol

thats my skandi in vegas story thanks for reading

I've been to Vegas twice now, and I've failed to visit the Grand Canyon twice because I've been too busy getting hosed up :haw:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Why the gently caress would someone go see a hot as poo poo hole in the ground. There are far better things to do with your time.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

CainFortea posted:

Why the gently caress would someone go see a hot as poo poo hole in the ground. There are far better things to do with your time.

'why would anyone want to see anything [i have no interest in], it just [doesn't make any sense to me].'

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

COVID-19 can last longer in someone without showing symptoms and is more infectious than SARS.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CainFortea posted:

i don't think anyone itt should be acting like an expert on wise uses of time

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CainFortea posted:

i went last week and it was 35f and snowing

we got to see a massive herd of wapiti and some sheep so that was super cool

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

nessin posted:

COVID-19 can last longer in someone without showing symptoms and is more infectious than SARS.

that was discredited as an extremely unlikely edgecase and the mean time for it to go from infection to symptoms was 4-7 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Kazinsal posted:

people are freaking out because it's spread outside of east asian countries this go round

FTFY