Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

How the gently caress do I get the Collector to join the UCA? I've delivered a ton of poo poo to him, I did two retrieval from MULE missions for him, but he hasn't budged from the 1 and three quarters star ranking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Remake 2 is a better game in this day and age IMO

Just falls short, only a teeny tiny bit. Mainly due to loving up the b runs and the trek to the station.

Remake1 is a perfect remake of an intended vision.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

man nurse posted:

I just completed Shenmue 3 ama

I got the game 3 days before you and i havent left bailu yet. :negative:

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Gripweed posted:

How the gently caress do I get the Collector to join the UCA? I've delivered a ton of poo poo to him, I did two retrieval from MULE missions for him, but he hasn't budged from the 1 and three quarters star ranking.

You need to leave his area, then sleep. Then read the email he sends you. it might be the second email about magazines. You’ll get a magazine collection mission. Go do that and you will now have him past 2 stars. It’s annoying and not at all intuitive. I had to look it up because I wanted his sweet gear.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I mean it is a 9-part series after all right

He wants to finish it with a shenmue 4 but idealy shenmue 5. 4 is happening, enough in game hints about it and from what deep silver and suzuki have said.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hamelekim posted:

You need to leave his area, then sleep. Then read the email he sends you. it might be the second email about magazines. You’ll get a magazine collection mission. Go do that and you will now have him past 2 stars. It’s annoying and not at all intuitive. I had to look it up because I wanted his sweet gear.

He joined for me right after I grabbed the game consoles for him.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hamelekim posted:

Thanks

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

veni veni veni posted:

He joined for me right after I grabbed the game consoles for him.

I know that everyone I’ve read online had to do the leave sleep read email thing. I guess there are a few of these type of progression blockers but they aren’t consistent or explained at all in the game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Man, some of these later roads in Death Stranding are killers to your resources. I was getting along just fine dumping in the odd 1400-2000 resources pulled from all my 5 star settlements/preppers to build but now in the mountain regions I'm looking at one that requires something to the amount of 9000 metal and I'm just irate no one else is helping.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Morpheus posted:

Man, releasing the next chapter in a series after a ten-year hiatus and not even finishing the plot is some big dick energy

Unless you're Valve, in which case it's all a bit flaccid

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Friday night. Time for seven hours of Death Stranding!!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Unless you're Valve, in which case it's all a bit flaccid

Well, Valves not releasing the next game in the series. It's just a spinoff or something.

It's be more like them releasing Half Life 3, finally, and it ending with Gordon finally reaching the Aperture Science ship and Alyx saying 'we're here' with a smash cut to credits.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

colachute posted:

I just hit L1 every now and then to make sure I’m headed toward my destination. Plotting it and following the dotted line is pretty much useless to me.

Plus I have ADD and if I see something cool I’m going there first anyway.

Another pro-tip: pressing left or right on the d-pad while holding L1 will point you right at your markers

This might be common knowledge but I found it invaluable

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Friday night. Time for seven hours of Death Stranding!!

At minimum. :blastu:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I liked the HL:Alyx trailer.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

I got the game 3 days before you and i havent left bailu yet. :negative:

I kinda mainlined it aside from a couple side quests and a day or two of dicking around. I fully intend a second play through where I gently caress around more with side content. I just really wanted to know how the story developed since I had waited so long. It was making it really difficult to be at work, lol, knowing there was a game I had waited 18 years for being unplayed right at this very moment.

It was a wonderful experience, but didn’t really deliver the goods on pushing the story further.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Wow, in Control I just finished the Ashtray Maze segment after getting the janitors walkman. That dude has great taste in music! Remedy has some really good music in their games, I enjoyed Alan Wake's soundtrack. I also loved Jesse at the end of the segment commenting "That was awesome".

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm admittedly fairly flippant about Shenmue despite liking them so that colours my perceptions but its hard for me to say that any of the Shenmue games really moved the plot forward much. That's because of a few reasons - some deliberate (the game's design), some not (the second game's development being cut before the actual ending) - but you could take the entire plot of the first two games and shove it into a perfectly coherent 20 minute short film.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah that was pretty much the highlight of the game for me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

BisterdDave posted:

Wow, in Control I just finished the Ashtray Maze segment after getting the janitors walkman. That dude has great taste in music! Remedy has some really good music in their games, I enjoyed Alan Wake's soundtrack. I also loved Jesse at the end of the segment commenting "That was awesome".

If you thought that was awesome, just wait until the next DYNAMITE scene!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

If you weren't aware they've used the actual band Poets of the Fall for at least 1 song in all of their games since Max Payne 2. In Alan Wake and Control they used the in-universe name Olds Gods of Asgard. I wouldn't call Poets my favorite band or anything but they write some catchy stuff.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rockstar not putting Max Payne 2 or 3 out on modern consoles is a disgrace

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Has everyone stopped talking about death stranding yet?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Policenaut posted:

Man, some of these later roads in Death Stranding are killers to your resources. I was getting along just fine dumping in the odd 1400-2000 resources pulled from all my 5 star settlements/preppers to build but now in the mountain regions I'm looking at one that requires something to the amount of 9000 metal and I'm just irate no one else is helping.

Do you have the areas with the autopavers on the chiral network? After I connected all of mine, I noticed roads that had 0 resources suddenly had about half. The only road segment that was ever built for me was just south of Lake Knot City and I had to finish every single other one. I think the game does that on purpose because of how useful roads are so they're not all pre-built for you.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Try back in December

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rockstar not putting Max Payne 2 or 3 out on modern consoles is a disgrace

You can get Max Payne 2 on PS4. The PS2 version lol

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

You don't have to complete the roads, particularly in the mountains when you have zip lines which are way more useful for that terrain. Think more of them as long term than immediate goals.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I just lost a truck in a ravine with two huge XL containers of Metals and Ceramics that were destined for a road and it felt like one of my top ten gaming defeats

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

You can get Max Payne 2 on PS4. The PS2 version lol

Wait what??? Are you sure? I can only get Max Payne 1

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

No

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just lost a truck in a ravine with two huge XL containers of Metals and Ceramics that were destined for a road and it felt like one of my top ten gaming defeats

Was it the ravine near the Southern Distribution Center & Elder? That place is a fuckin nightmare

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Was it the ravine near the Southern Distribution Center & Elder? That place is a fuckin nightmare

This place gives me PTSD every time

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

If you thought that was awesome, just wait until the next DYNAMITE scene!

:allears:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ladies and gents, the FUTURE of gaming

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

lmbo, Paul Tassi is their ideal customer too, he loves destiny 2 and travels all the time

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

lol yes, I was on my way back from the Cosplayer and took their supplies to continue the road south of South Distro, but before I got there I was like "I have an order to get these boxes from the MULE camp over there, how bad can it be"

I had cleared the camp earlier but didn't know the order spawned more MULEs I guess so I braked and swerved to avoid some spears and skidded into having two of my truck wheels hanging off the edge of the cliff like in Fast and Furious, I probably could have jumped it correctly back on.

I did not correctly jump it back on

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Shoren posted:

Do you have the areas with the autopavers on the chiral network? After I connected all of mine, I noticed roads that had 0 resources suddenly had about half. The only road segment that was ever built for me was just south of Lake Knot City and I had to finish every single other one. I think the game does that on purpose because of how useful roads are so they're not all pre-built for you.

Yeah, I just noticed this. I got that Mountain city on the network and suddenly they all burst to like 50-75% complete so I just tunneled the last bit in. That roboticist is gonna need some zip lines though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My world is weird because after Chapter 5 the roads to Mountain Knot still aren't built but I can see their exact path tread in blue lines on the map from other players.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

lol yes, I was on my way back from the Cosplayer and took their supplies to continue the road south of South Distro, but before I got there I was like "I have an order to get these boxes from the MULE camp over there, how bad can it be"

I had cleared the camp earlier but didn't know the order spawned more MULEs I guess so I braked and swerved to avoid some spears and skidded into having two of my truck wheels hanging off the edge of the cliff like in Fast and Furious, I probably could have jumped it correctly back on.

I did not correctly jump it back on

LMAO

The game seriously delivers comedy of errors style poo poo. I was driving turbospeed to Lake Knot on the raised highway with a bunch of poo poo, the music changed to indicate that Mules had recognized me and I though "I'm fine up here!"

Like 5 seconds later a spear lands directly on my vehicle's hood with a BR2049 style EMP and Sam force-bails...out of the truck...straight off the left edge of the raised highway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

LMAO

The game seriously delivers comedy of errors style poo poo. I was driving turbospeed to Lake Knot on the raised highway with a bunch of poo poo, the music changed to indicate that Mules had recognized me and I though "I'm fine up here!"

Like 5 seconds later a spear lands directly on my vehicle's hood with a BR2049 style EMP and Sam force-bails...out of the truck...straight off the left edge of the raised highway.

I had this happen on a bike. That dude must have a loving arm of gold, I swear.