Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
What's the multiplayer like? Is it anything substantial or is it just a sandbox mode with friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Mulderman posted:

Man I keep underestimating the great little quality of life changes they added to DQB2.

Finished the first island and decided to build some stuff for my buddies. Plopped down a blueprint for a bathroom and was surprised that people started grabbing supplies from the crate and helped build it.
Such a fantastic concept. Then I unlocked the 4'th builders tool using mini medals and that blew me away as well.

This game is fantastic.

I wish you could plop down a generic blueprint from any Room type and then modify from there, after it's built by your army of motivated workers.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Mulderman posted:

Man I keep underestimating the great little quality of life changes they added to DQB2.

Finished the first island and decided to build some stuff for my buddies. Plopped down a blueprint for a bathroom and was surprised that people started grabbing supplies from the crate and helped build it.

Hold on, how do you do that?

What I love is being able to unlock infinite wood. It's a lot more stuff to build when one doesn't have to spend time collecting staples...

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

OddObserver posted:

What I love is being able to unlock infinite wood. It's a lot more stuff to build when one doesn't have to spend time collecting staples...

Yeah, those islands are amazing for that. Staples covered. Now I just need random items which I can farm for.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Reposting from the Switch Thread.

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

Has anyone gotten to the temple in Dragon Quest Builders 2 on the second map?

You have to grab two statues, I picked up one, put it down to do some fights and then it vanished. It's not back where it spawned.

I've done the 2nd one and you need to do this to progress the plot.

Am I boned?

My last save was 7 hours ago I really hope this doesn't gently caress me!

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

Reposting from the Switch Thread.

My last save was 7 hours ago I really hope this doesn't gently caress me!

It was in my inventory. Thanks thread.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Ok the second real island is a neat enough spin on the formula established on the first island that I’m hooked again. So completely different than DQB1 where the “reset”s just put me off the game.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Iverron posted:

Ok the second real island is a neat enough spin on the formula established on the first island that I’m hooked again. So completely different than DQB1 where the “reset”s just put me off the game.

The third island is an even bigger departure, so hopefully you'll enjoy that too.

Frankly I thought the second island was the weakest of the three I've been too. Bring in a cave doesn't really feel like you're in an open world, it seems.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Okay, can someone who finished the mining island give me a hand?

I've reached the point where the miners have asked me to plug up the waterfall, and I did that. I suddenly have no quest prompts or clear ways to progress. I've finished the pub and 'repairing the tunnels' is at 75%. Nobody is giving me any more orders or suggestions? did I miss a quest flag or am I extra dumb or what?

Edit: issue has resolved itself

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 16, 2019

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I just had a fight in the early game that got up to Bodkin Archer M.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Builders 2 approaches a terrifying level of :3: Per Minute

I mean jesus christ this is better than Prozac

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I went ahead and grabbed the Switch version after reading the takes here. I can deal with a little chugging. Shame about the tiny text, though.

I'm mostly just loving all the reactions and impressions so far in this thread. It's so nice and wholesome. You guys are great.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I have it on PS4, and I had a weird bug earlier. Half of the text was just stopped showing up, random villagers little speech bubbles would show up blank. I wish I'd taken a screenshot of it, but I "fixed" it by saving and closing out the application and restarting.

Anyways, I wish the window tiles connected better. https://imgur.com/a/jWsJ3Hs

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

OddObserver posted:

If you look at your blueprints you can create an inventory item from them.
You can plop that down with some supplies in a nearby chest, your buddies will start building it. This only works on the main island after finishing the first.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
In Dragon Quest 3 is it worth wearing an accessory that provides good stats but changes the character's personality to something inferior?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Probably not if you forced your way to Vamp/Sexy. You will be missing out on stat growth over time.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Saxophone posted:

I think the only thing I wish they had was the ability to 1) make your own blueprints and 2) share those blueprints through their notice board.

#1 can be done with the builder's pencil, but you need a bunch of mini medals to get it

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

bentacos posted:

I have it on PS4, and I had a weird bug earlier. Half of the text was just stopped showing up, random villagers little speech bubbles would show up blank. I wish I'd taken a screenshot of it, but I "fixed" it by saving and closing out the application and restarting.

Anyways, I wish the window tiles connected better. https://imgur.com/a/jWsJ3Hs

There is a crafting station you can make that lets you manually control variants, though I haven't tried it.
I think glass floor is also a thing?

Edit: I am an idiot, I now see what you mean.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I wish they'd release Builders 1 & 2 for PC :(

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Flavius Aetass posted:

I wish they'd release Builders 1 & 2 for PC :(

If they did, it'd have to require a controller, as the game would be even easier with keyboard and mouse.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Hey folks I'm horribly stuck on the stop the leak quest in Chapter Two. I've tried everything covering all the tiles, covering the holes, building up, building down, building around. Still no quest completion. . Can anyone do a step by step for me? I'd so greatly appreciate it!!!!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Did you climb the chain to the higher level? It should only take, like, three six blocks.

https://twitter.com/yggi_dee/status/1151131205963640832?s=09

I screenshot what it looks like fixed, if that helps at all?

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 16, 2019

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I don't know if this is helpful, but frequently quests like this want specific block placement rather than engineering leak stoppage.

To that end, blocks make the same sparkle and noise they do in blueprints when you place them correctly.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

I beat the story in DQ Builders 2 - really enjoyed the whole ride. Now I just want to replay the story with all my cool poo poo. I wish there was a new game plus mode.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

YggiDee posted:

Did you climb the chain to the higher level? It should only take, like, three six blocks.

https://twitter.com/yggi_dee/status/1151131205963640832?s=09

I screenshot what it looks like fixed, if that helps at all?

This is what I'm looking at. I've tried so much I may have destroyed what was there originally. Can you help me from here? Sorry I should have posted this in the first place. Thanks for your photo, I appreciate you going through the trouble.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
After finishing the first Island and starting the town in Green Gardens, I'm wondering where the Wardrobe is? The Hermit mentioned it, but I see not option to build it yet?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm probably going to get DQB2 anyway, but how big are the town sizes? In DQB1 I thought the area they give you to build in each chapter was really cramped and never felt like I had a lot of room to build more than maybe two or three non-story related rooms.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm probably going to get DQB2 anyway, but how big are the town sizes? In DQB1 I thought the area they give you to build in each chapter was really cramped and never felt like I had a lot of room to build more than maybe two or three non-story related rooms.

they are 68x50 - some of the maps also add some buildable space as part of story events, also the hub has different rules but you can basically build anywhere with the amount of space increasing as you progress the story

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

The Ninth Layer posted:

You have an entire island to build your own creations and you get rewards for doing so which help in the story portion of the game.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Build vertically. You already had a ton of room that way in the first game and I think they like doubled it in 2

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I found the camera in 1 at least was really bad for two story buildings of any kind, or any building with a roof.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

lets hang out posted:

Build vertically. You already had a ton of room that way in the first game and I think they like doubled it in 2

yeah it goes 100 blocks high, not sure how far down but basements can be made too

pink flag
May 16, 2009
The third-person camera is still really bad in multi-story buildings, but the first-person camera does help a bit. It also seems to let you reach blocks with the hammer from further away. Very useful for digging out underground rooms.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Mad Wack posted:

I beat the story in DQ Builders 2 - really enjoyed the whole ride. Now I just want to replay the story with all my cool poo poo. I wish there was a new game plus mode.

How long did playing through the story take you, out of interest? Did you just motor on through it, or did your time also include a fair chunk of 'major landscaping' and settlement-reorganising?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

pink flag posted:

The third-person camera is still really bad in multi-story buildings, but the first-person camera does help a bit. It also seems to let you reach blocks with the hammer from further away. Very useful for digging out underground rooms.

I highly recommend popping into 1st person anytime the default camera doesn't have space. It works pretty well and makes a lo of stuff easier

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

magimix posted:

How long did playing through the story take you, out of interest? Did you just motor on through it, or did your time also include a fair chunk of 'major landscaping' and settlement-reorganising?

I've been playing it like a full time job since it came out - mostly just powering through the story to unlock things, now I'm doing all of the side content like the explorer isles and builder targets.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

very important protip for dragon quest builders 2

when on explorer isles you can use the echo flute to locate your missing checklist items

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I got frustrated and just started removing blocks and the quest popped. Guess it was glitched or something.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The only question I need answering: Does Lulu ever stop being annoying. I like literally every other character well enough but man I'm done with two islands and I'm dreading the 3rd as it's just going to be her saying lulutopia over and over again. It wasn't a funny joke the first time game, repeating it with her every line does not make it funnier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Have I lost my mind or does DQ8 on the 3DS not have an auto-battle option?

Yeah, I figured it out.

So what are some good options for skills in the 3DS version?

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jul 17, 2019