Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Blue Raider posted:

preordered for the red/black swirl

Same, can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Are there any pictures of the colored Manos vinyl? I'm mostly curious about Torgo Brown... Needs to be ummm... Just the right shade.

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals
Finally got my 3rd pressing of the Hotline Miami 2 LP, it's drat good! Everything about the presentation, song collection, and quality is spot on. So so worth it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Czech Company, Pressing Hits for Years on Vinyl, Finds It Has Become One

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/07/world/europe/vinyl-records-gz-media-lodenice.html?_r=0

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

Snowy posted:

Czech Company, Pressing Hits for Years on Vinyl, Finds It Has Become One

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/07/world/europe/vinyl-records-gz-media-lodenice.html?_r=0

Neat article but man is that title clunky.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Agreed. I've read the article and I still don't know what the title means.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
it's saying that the company has gone from pressing "hits" on records to become a "hit" in the market. go back to school.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

stay depressed posted:

it's saying that the company has gone from pressing "hits" on records to become a "hit" in the market. go back to school.

Whoever wrote the headline should go back to journalism school, to be fair. But it is an interesting article for the historical context.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

stay depressed posted:

Because referring to something a niche as a record pressing plant as "a hit" makes a lot of sense. It's still a clunky title. It's a Pyrrhic victory; sure, you got your lame metaphor in there, but at the cost of sounding retarded in the process.

Edit for actual content: From working in a record store in the last decade and having bought and priced collections of 90s vinyl, lots of the mainstream releases seem to have been pressed abroad. Same with pretty much all of the bootlegs these days, or as some record stores like to refer to them as, "imports" or "rare live imports." Some of that stuff is hard to determine a value on. For example, I know from personal experience that Vincent Gallo or someone working for him patrols eBay for bootlegs of the Brown Bunny soundtrack since it never got an official vinyl release.

theradiostillsucks fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 7, 2015

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
I found this weird Coke promo picture vinyl at a fleamarket. It has some late 70's hits on it and the gatefold has some Coke drink recipes and whatnot on it.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Pingiivi posted:

I found this weird Coke promo picture vinyl at a fleamarket. It has some late 70's hits on it and the gatefold has some Coke drink recipes and whatnot on it.

Her name's Jaws. She kills people.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
So I have a bunch of digital certificates I'm not going to use, thank you Music, so if anyone wants them here they are. Some may have expired so sorry in advance if they don't work.

Beck - Morning Phase

Nirvana - In Utero

Al Green - Greatest Hits

Leon Bridges - Coming Home

Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe

daspope
Sep 20, 2006

Mulva posted:

So I have a bunch of digital certificates I'm not going to use, thank you Music, so if anyone wants them here they are. Some may have expired so sorry in advance if they don't work.

Leon Bridges - Coming Home

Thank you! I grabbed Leon Bridges.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Mulva posted:

Al Green - Greatest Hits

Thanks, grabbed Al Green.

The download three times total. This would make one, I suppose.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Mulva posted:

Nirvana - In Utero

I took this one, thanks!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I grabbed the beck code, thank you! :)

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Thanks for churches just pretended I spelled it right

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
If you're looking for the Replacements box set, I believe the best price (by a longshot) is Popmarket. $57.99 shipped.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Anyone happen to grab the 40th anniversary re-master of Jolene? My husband is a huge Dolly Parton fan and I was wondering what the quality was like before I get it for his birthday.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Thou/Great Falls split 7". Went to see Thou in NYC a few weeks back, glad I made the trip because holy poo poo do they kill live. Got some stuff afterwards, of course, including this split of Shellac covers. The Great Falls one is pretty noisy, and Thou's cover of 'A Prayer to God' is suitably aggressive and heavy.

Thou/The Body - You, Whom I Have Always Hated. Speaking of Thou, I saw Neurosis last weekend and The Body was one of the openers. After the show I got one of their collaboration albums with Thou. Also a pretty drat cool patch, but that's neither here nor there.

What I originally took to be the insert (and I guess it still is) is actually another sleeve, along with the plain white paper one the vinyl is actually in. Not sure what the deal with that is, exactly.

Sumac - The Deal. Sumac, one of Aaron Turner's numerous projects, also opened for Neurosis. They were pretty killer so I had to get their album. It's a nice little package, outer slipcase over the jacket, nice matte finish which I think goes a little underused, but whatever.

Mad Max score. Ordered it from Mondo after I saw the movie opening day and it finally made its way here.

Since it's a die cut jacket, you can have Immortan Joe or Max as your cover.

Backs of the sleeves.

Insert.

Vinyl is a grey/white mix.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
thou is one of the best bands on the planet. glad you got to see them.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Yeah, I'm still pumped I made the trip. I've liked their albums for a while now, but this was the first time I got to see them live and the place just lost it. Wish they played a little longer set, but what they did play was amazing. I'm bummed their upcoming collabo tour with The Body is on the other side of the country.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

With the title of that Shellac covers split, I was hoping one of them did Copper, which is probably my favorite thing Albini's ever done.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Mulva posted:

Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe

got this, thanks man

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Picked up a copy of one of my favorite 80s LA hardcore albums recently. Very happy with it. Excuse the terrible lighting

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals

Picked up the third (and most influential) Prong album yesterday. Great record, it's amazing just how many bands copied the groove metal staccato aspects of this.

Re: Thou, I also got You, Whom I Have Always Hated at the NYC Thou show. They're one of the absolute best bands out there and profoundly nice folks too, so if you like sludge but don't know them I'd highly recommend getting either Summit or Heathen. Both are amazing albums and a great place to start.

E: forgot, two other recent acquires are Tool - Opiate and Master Musicians of Bukkake - Totem One. Opiate is my first double groove album (song b1 is one of two tracks depending on where the needle falls), and the MMOB album is just awesome all around.

The Gasmask fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 19, 2015

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Dropsy the Clown was a rather popular CYOA thread here on Something Awful a few years back, now it's about to be released as a point and click game on Steam. Its soundtrack is also about to be released on limited edition vinyl.

It's pretty good, just wanted to give a heads up before it sells out.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Picked up the two limited edition Scissor Sisters albums out so far and I have Night Work on pre-order.

Ta-Dah:

Eponymous:

The picture really doesn't do this one justice, it is shockingly pink.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Are they a good band? I think I always wrote them off

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

rear end Catchcum posted:

Are they a good band? I think I always wrote them off

Well they do have a gimmick in that they are a modern glam rock band, however unlike say The Darkness, they have their own voice and aren't just playing on audience nostalgia. It's just one mans opinion, but Elton John is a huge fan and he knows from glam rock. If you've got Spotify or Apple Music I'd give Ta-Dah a listen it's my favorite album so far.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I like that the inside of that gate fold is very obviously a homage to the inside of the gatefold for Roxy Music's For Your Pleasure.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Brian Eno is amazing

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Barry posted:

Brian Eno is amazing

Yes of course. If you're not familiar with that album it's great as is the first Roxy Music album (which is where my user name comes from), which is self titled. Basically he got his start in music working with Roxy on their first two albums and then he had an ego clash with the front man so he went onto become a solo act. His contribution to the band was really interesting and it was there that he basically experimented with all the kinds of motifs that he would later expand on his early career. It's some kooky stuff for sure. His whole job in that band was building layers of weird noises and altering the guitar sounds.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

CPL593H posted:

Yes of course. If you're not familiar with that album it's great as is the first Roxy Music album (which is where my user name comes from), which is self titled. Basically he got his start in music working with Roxy on their first two albums and then he had an ego clash with the front man so he went onto become a solo act. His contribution to the band was really interesting and it was there that he basically experimented with all the kinds of motifs that he would later expand on his early career. It's some kooky stuff for sure. His whole job in that band was building layers of weird noises and altering the guitar sounds.

Which leads to one of my favorite eponyms, "Enossification"

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Got my copy of the Minecraft OST in today, pictures of this thing are literally impossible

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Nice! Mine hasn't shipped yet. Is that the one with the 3D cover?

Fat Beats was selling the 3D lenticular jacket version for $10 less than listed, just got an email from them basically saying "well shucks, the manufacturer told us we would be getting those but they just didn't make enough. Other retailers removed all mentions of the 3D jacket, but we're being transparent and telling you straight up about what they did even though we're not supposed to".

Then shared me links to sites that still list the 3D version on them...

Meh, still getting it, don't really care, but it's kind of a funny excuse instead of just saying 'we put 3D lenticular jacket in the listing by mistake, just cancel the order if you don't want it anymore, sorry'.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Geoff Zahn posted:

Nice! Mine hasn't shipped yet. Is that the one with the 3D cover?

yeah it's the 3D, I don't remember picking it but ghostly shipped it 2 day select which was pretty nice.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 20, 2015

LessThanThree
May 2, 2005

'till infinity

Doctor Cave posted:

New Deafheaven album is up for pre-order. US versions here and EU versions here

I ordered the pink EU version as it looks the nicest, and shipping is way cheaper to Australia from the EU than US.

Went with the yellow. I feel yellow vinyl is under represented in general.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Myrkur - M.

Obsequiae - Aria of Vernal Tombs.

Elder - S/T. Went and saw Earth last night in Providence and Elder opened for them. Got this afterward.

Also got this rad poster at the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

I like it when albums that try to create a cool mystique with their packaging go and ruin it with a picture of the band