Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I got a Braced Frame/HCR/Rangefinder distant star and it was no fun. It hits hard and all but braced frame decimates the magazine size and a gun with that kind of fire rate is zero fun without full auto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Reflex / CB / Hand Loaded / Spray and Play

E: Ishtar is wrong, the magazine is 27

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Welp Linear Comp/Reinforced Barrel/Field Scout/Rangefinder Silvered Dread. Thanks Iron Banner. The reinforced could be perfect balance, but PB is useless on this thing, right?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Incitatus posted:

Welp Linear Comp/Reinforced Barrel/Field Scout/Rangefinder Silvered Dread. Thanks Iron Banner. The reinforced could be perfect balance, but PB is useless ont his thing, right?

PB is probably the best perk on that column. Stability isn't useless on a MG, just usually secondary to range. Silvered Dread already has high base range so bumping up the stability and AA is good.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
No pulse archetype is coming back big that was a joke because I infused a 400 Adept Blind Perdition into a piece of poo poo

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

cvnvcnv posted:

Buff Gay Bruh, what's up with the pulse archetype that's supposed to be coming back big? Found this in my vault, leveled it, and I likey. Hoping it makes the cut.

Reflex / CB / Hand Loaded / Spray and Play

E: Ishtar is wrong, the magazine is 27

He was talking about the heavy archetype (Spare Change/Messenger). He was also joking. Bungie doesn't want easy two-burst pulse rifles, and there isn't much wiggle room with regard to a meaningful damage increase with that archetype. Bumping it slightly will move it back into territory Bungie didn't like before.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Laughing Heart with Braced Frame, Quickdraw/Snapshot, and Hidden Hand. Is this thing worth loving with? I just use Defiance or Winged Word when I (rarely) snipe.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mikey-San posted:

Laughing Heart with Braced Frame, Quickdraw/Snapshot, and Hidden Hand. Is this thing worth loving with? I just use Defiance or Winged Word when I (rarely) snipe.

Its the same roll I have and I loving love it.

I run it as much as my god roll 1kys. Its stable as hell, sounds cool as poo poo and can two tap really, really easily.

Its a good gat and a great roll.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mikey-San posted:

He was also joking.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

No pulse archetype is coming back big that was a joke because I infused a 400 Adept Blind Perdition into a piece of poo poo

Doh. I wasn't playing then so I didn't follow that lol :downsgun:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Clever Dragon with Smallbore, HCR, CB :unsmith: I'll take the one less burst for the additional range and AA, I guess, tho it doesn't need it so much. Stability a smidge less than PB but this isn't a deal breaker with CB. It also has BF but that dropping it two bursts is hard to handle.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Just snagged a Clever Dragon with PB, Appended Magazine, and Rangefinder. Probably gonna be the best I get.

ils
Jan 22, 2001
Is this Hopscotch Pilgrim any good?

I've had it sitting in my vault forever, and I'm on the fence about just trashing it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
No

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Headseeker won't accomplish anything appreciable at that fire rate, and Spare Change has a hard leftward pull without counterbalance. If you need space I would shard it.

ils
Jan 22, 2001
Thanks, that's what I figured. It's not like I'm lacking Pulse Rifles after IB, anyway.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv posted:

Clever Dragon with Smallbore, HCR, CB :unsmith: I'll take the one less burst for the additional range and AA, I guess, tho it doesn't need it so much. Stability a smidge less than PB but this isn't a deal breaker with CB. It also has BF but that dropping it two bursts is hard to handle.

After one crap game against a laggy fireteam, a 13.0 with it lol K, I dig. People have a reeeeal hard time doing anything but running when they start getting pelted.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Headseeker is useless on 100% stability pulse rifles cuz they don't run up

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
[i got a pulse rifle. is it good?] -> <is it slower than a Hawksaw?> -> YES -> [NOPE]

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mikey-San posted:

[i got a pulse rifle. is it good?] -> <is it slower than a Hawksaw?> -> YES -> [NOPE]

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Still got a three little words in my vault, waiting for it to be in the meta again.

Though it never will because Bungie appears to have figured out how to perk weapons these days.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
HCR is almost certainly gonna get a nerf, I'd hope/imagine they will make it less effective the lower the impact of the gun

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Got a CB/PB/Third Eye hopscotch pilgrim from shaxx bounty this week, great gun but sucks about the archetype. I didn't play during it's heyday but if it was two burst it would definitely be OP.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

texaholic posted:

Got a CB/PB/Third Eye hopscotch pilgrim from shaxx bounty this week, great gun but sucks about the archetype. I didn't play during it's heyday but if it was two burst it would definitely be OP.

it used to fire much slower and hit harder

it was the meta for a while, and it was cool

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Just looked at the possible perk tree if rolled with full auto instead of third eye, I would never put it down in PVE.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Unbent tree from the wins/loss bounty, NOT FUNNY GAME.

Hammer forged, ranged finder lingering song, eh I don't know, I'll try it I like HCs.

Semi god roll clever dragon and a decent ish lingering dead to wrap it all up, not to bad, gently caress IB though, hopefully the scouts up next as its all I'm interested in from IB.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Mikey-San posted:

Please put this into op that no one reads

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
OP says "use fusion rifles"

Still accurate

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
lul
http://i.imgur.com/zmHX92Z.gifv

lmao
http://i.imgur.com/MF788rj.gifv

edit: just saw I got YA BOY ETHAN COUCH's mom in that second one

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Nov 15, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Whew I had to get a sweatband out, IB was tryhard as gently caress tonight.

Got a ton of prizes though. All told like 8 clever dragons, 9 silvered dread, ~6 chests, ~6 pairs of boots and a mountain of artifacts.

Plus some stupid poo poo from the bounties.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
yeah player quality was high tonight

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"
eh KD was in the toilet but I went bubble / fusion in honor of MIA young wolf pup moist turtlewreck

In other news lag has been completely eliminated and this gif is just an example of a heavens gate cultist moving on to a higher plane of existence

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The last day of IB and I got both a god-roll Clever Dragon and Silvered Dread. Now I can put off the grind until Destiny 2.

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
if that 2nd nova bomb gif was me, the bomb would have gone past everyone, out the opposite door, then out into space following the moon "landing's" :tinfoil: trajectory back to earth, veer off into the plaguelands, sail deep into WotM into some fireteam's aksis fight, and blow up 1 exploding shank that kills 3 people

fbsw fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 15, 2016

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

hiddenriverninja posted:

Now I can put off the grind until Destiny 2.

Already doing this & it owns.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Meat Dimension posted:

Already doing this & it owns.

My group barely made it a month past launch of ROI, we did hard mode once and that was it. I had hoped to get at least a couple more weeks out of it since the raid actually is good, but on the other hand, an entire year off of Destiny doesn't sound like such a bad thing. They might get us back in April with a VOG update, but even if so it'll probably be as short-lived as our last affair with this game. I've done everything this game has to offer a hundred times, really all I've got left to look forward to is what Destiny 2 brings.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
My group seems to have lost enthusiasm as well which is kind of sad considering it's still early but I dunno 2 months is a good run of excitement.

I still like pvp and will continue to play it because im dumb as hell though.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Don't get me wrong, Destiny is fun--if you don't care about winning or improving your gear set. Going into the crucible with off the wall loadouts just because you want to see what they can do is still great in itself.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I just want to get Outbreak Prime, the two sword exotics I don't have, and that new machine gun exotic. Then I can be done.

In the old days I cared about getting all the raid primaries but now they're not even elemental who the gently caress cares? I got the AR with firefly which is the only new and exciting thing I cared about.

Want that OP though

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Akuma posted:

I just want to get Outbreak Prime, the two sword exotics I don't have, and that new machine gun exotic. Then I can be done.

In the old days I cared about getting all the raid primaries but now they're not even elemental who the gently caress cares? I got the AR with firefly which is the only new and exciting thing I cared about.

Want that OP though

Other than being a completionist it's not a very good gun. It's a meh in crucible and causes issues in the raid. During Vosik it causes captains to run off the edge then teleport back in the worst places imaginable and it doesn't do bonus damage to Aksis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Everything causes the captains to do that. It's not limited to OP

• Locked thread