Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ApplesandOranges posted:

I run G Tomebreaker Hector too but he can't deal with more than one green mage at a time. If I start seeing some kind of wacky Nino + Julia + Soren team I'm probably gonna cry a little.

Might have to invest in those 3* ATikis I pulled after all. Or Palla.
Should have done the moonbow vantage build like everyone else!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Neither of them have unique skills or weapons, so it's all going to come down on statline. Nino gets a slight availability bonus since she can get Gronnblade+ without inheritance, that's about it.

Nino has an amazing statline since she has 36 speed and reasonable attack. It takes a lot to be better than that. Nino is also so common that it's relatively easy to get one with a great Nature. I got 8 Ninos before I found my +SPD/-DEF Nino.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 25, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Andrast posted:

Nino has an amazing statline since she has 36 speed and reasonable attack. It takes a lot to be better than that. Nino is also so common that it's relatively easy to get one with a great Nature. I got 8 Ninos before I found my +SPD/-DEF Nino.

Soren will have stronger supports.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Andrast posted:

Different people get flooded on different units. I only ever got one Nino(+ATK/-HP), but I have 9 FCorrins and 5 Barsts and so forth. Probability says you're likely to get flooded on something, but what it is isn't necessarily consistent.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Stephen9001 posted:

But heavy blade and distant counter are both A slot skills?

🤔

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Titania's art is great.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Man that was brutal.

Got 3 setsunas (2 3* and 14*) and 2 more throwaway 3*s in a pull. gently caress.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

jokes posted:

Man that was brutal.

Got 3 setsunas (2 3* and 14*) and 2 more throwaway 3*s in a pull. gently caress.

Why would you pull today of all days?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

I... honestly don't quite know what you're getting at with this post?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

sassassin posted:

Why would you pull today of all days?

Bad luck protection you've built up vanishes with the banner tomorrow right? Could be looking to cash that in while they still can if they built up a bunch

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

Different people get flooded on different units. I only ever got one Nino(+ATK/-HP), but I have 9 FCorrins and 5 Barsts and so forth. Probability says you're likely to get flooded on something, but what it is isn't necessarily consistent.

Well obviously. I meant you are more likely to get Ninos instead of Soren/whatever since Nino is available as a 3* unit.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 25, 2017

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

WELL I GUESS I WILL DO THOSE STUPID ROBIN QUESTS AFTER ALL.

:argh:

Titania is the first of my actual waifus that I really wanted. And she'd go so well with Reinhardt. Oh please RNGsus, be kind.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

FoolyCharged posted:

Bad luck protection you've built up vanishes with the banner tomorrow right? Could be looking to cash that in while they still can if they built up a bunch

What's this? I just jumped back on this week and have done a bunch of 20 orb pulls from clearing out hard, lunatic, and doing a few monthlies like the 5 orbs for kill 15 lv 40 fliers. In my last two pulls I've gotten 7 3*'s and a single 4*. Is it really weighted like that?

meant 9 3*'s and 1 4*. Point is my luck has been pretty bad.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 25, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

THE loving MOON posted:

What's this? I just jumped back on this week and have done a bunch of 20 orb pulls from clearing out hard, lunatic, and doing a few monthlies like the 5 orbs for kill 15 lv 40 fliers. In my last two pulls I've gotten 7 3*'s and a single 4*. Is it really weighted like that?

http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Summoning

Read the 5 star rate increase section for the info

Specifically the rate increase is per banner.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

Consecutive pulls on the same banner slowly raise your % of pulling a 5*/Focus unit. It resets when you pull a 5* or when the banner goes away; you can see the rates change in the game itself.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Rascyc posted:

http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Summoning

Read the 5 star rate increase section for the info

Specifically the rate increase is per banner.

Ah okay thanks. I really need to get a decent blue or green mage/manakete, my team except for Priscilla get's rocked by mages. Which is uh... not good in the meta. Speaking of Priscilla, it's a shame that they get their damage halved because mine has bizarrely high atk for a healer at 36. She can usually finish off guys that aren't quite done in by Ryoma, Takumi, or Oboro.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
So just to be clear if I have a mountain of orbs and I specifically want Ike first above anything else, keep pulling just red until I trip on him?

Secondly, if you pull a 5* but it ain't the one on the banner does the bonus increased rate reset to 0 or keep going up because while it's a 5, it's not a focus 5?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Tomorrow I roll only reds and greens

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Servaetes posted:

So just to be clear if I have a mountain of orbs and I specifically want Ike first above anything else, keep pulling just red until I trip on him?

Secondly, if you pull a 5* but it ain't the one on the banner does the bonus increased rate reset to 0 or keep going up because while it's a 5, it's not a focus 5?

The bonus drops the moment you roll a 5*, so stay the heck out of other colours if Ike is all you want!

E: Don't be like this fool who was going for Lucina and decided to open a colourless on the princess banner

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It doesn't drop until you are done with your current set of summons, actually.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Banners I need:

Hana Banner (not one loving 5* Hana)
Jagen Banner
Effie Banner Again (in case i dont get an Effie again)
Another Effie Banner (in case i dont get an Effie again again)
Wrys Banner

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I have 2 Eirikas, which one do I use? One is Eirika -Atk/+Def and the other is +Atk/-Spd.

After merging, the final one will have:
Sieglinde
Drawback (can swap back to pivot)
Moonbow
HP+5 (I was using the +Def one originally and wanted her to be tanky)
Swordbreaker 2
Hone Spd 3

Can slap any of the 3 seals on her

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

kaschei posted:

It doesn't drop until you are done with your current set of summons, actually.

Whatever summons you have are already locked into those orbs afaik

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I've got Reinhardt, Cecilia and Ursula for my Horse Emblem team. Who should be my Hone Cavalry carrier? I've got Jagen, Gunter, Frederick, Peri and Stahl. I'm guessing Stahl to handle Julia or something?

I've got an extra Jagen to feed to someone for Ward Cavalry as well. I'm assuming that should go to Ursula since Cecilia will need the help to KO Hector and Nino?

korben
Aug 14, 2002

AlphaKretin posted:

Then, any hints? I'm not finding much success so I must be going about it wrong.

E: Gaze in terror at my terrible casual set ups

I use the same... Honestly I think Nino + Sharena + Olivia is pretty much the best budget team you can put together.

Maybe try sacrificing a Cecilia to give Sharena Rally Resist - that will help boost your Nino since Rally Attack doesn't stack with Olivia's Fortify Attack. It'll also help against all those mages.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Sometimes I think I lean on Reinhardt too much for my arena wins but god drat that man owns.

Think I can get away with blue tomebreaker 2 on him or should I spend the feathers to make another FRobin 4* so he can get rank 3?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

korben posted:

I use the same... Honestly I think Nino + Sharena + Olivia is pretty much the best budget team you can put together.

That team really needs a hone or rally speed from somewhere (probably from the free matthew). It's really important.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

UHD posted:

Sometimes I think I lean on Reinhardt too much for my arena wins but god drat that man owns.

Think I can get away with blue tomebreaker 2 on him or should I spend the feathers to make another FRobin 4* so he can get rank 3?

I've been doing that since the original Reinhardt banner even with the BST handicap back then. I didn't care, I just wanted my easy perfect streak.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

I guess Ike is probably going to be a slower but tankier Ryoma?
I'm really hoping his RES isn't a complete dump stat, because it would be nice to have a hard counter to these stupid Spring Camilla / Cecilia teams. I've had a few games where I didn't do the math and Ryoma actually got oneshot by one of those two.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Tomorrow I roll only reds and greens
I'm gonna spend 200 orbs on Red trying to get Ike. I do want Soren too though, so not sure.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Fritzler posted:

I'm gonna spend 200 orbs on Red trying to get Ike. I do want Soren too though, so not sure.

Saaaaaaame. Soren maybe if I get Ike early.

I feel bad for Mist but she's gonna have to sit on the bench in the ether because no loving way I'm pulling on clear

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I don't know who any of these people are because I haven't played the older games (although I kind of want to, if only I still had my old handhelds), but I'm pulling for Titania and maybe Soren. They look cool.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Servaetes posted:

Saaaaaaame. Soren maybe if I get Ike early.

I feel bad for Mist but she's gonna have to sit on the bench in the ether because no loving way I'm pulling on clear

But what if you get a rare pull where the only orbs are colourless (yes, this is possible, if unlikely), and you get Mist then?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

But what if you get a rare pull where the only orbs are colourless (yes, this is possible, if unlikely), and you get Mist then?

Uninstall

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Parasol Prophet posted:

I don't know who any of these people are because I haven't played the older games (although I kind of want to, if only I still had my old handhelds), but I'm pulling for Titania and maybe Soren. They look cool.

Ike and his mercenary company are the main dudes in the gamecube game.

Ike is your standard sword lord, except he doesnt care a bit for politicking or religion and just wants to kill the bad guys, be cool like his dad, and stop the problem.

Mist is Ikes little sister and is a peaceful soul. She starts off weak, but picks up a horsie and swords on promotion giving her decent utility tjat offsets her mediocre statline

Titania is your starting pally and ikes second in command. She uses axes and turns out to be a great unit if you use her. Her advice tends to take the moral high ground

Soren is Ikes buddy and Titanias counterpoint as a strategic advisor. Hes a mage that is half shapeshifter half human. His advice tends to be self interest motivated

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also Mist uses the sword that murdered her dad and it rules

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mist should've been a Sword Cavalier in this game but I guess they're saving that for her RD version where she has a unique weapon.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Also Mist uses the sword that murdered her dad and it rules

That's Ike, I'm pretty sure you're talking about a fantasy. Or perhaps some hacking shenanigans? I do remember an LP that that a Mist that did really well with her stat ups and there were people calculating if she could beat the Black Knight, I seem to recall some screenshots about it. My memory is a bit fuzzy though, been a few years since I saw that LP.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Titania is somewhere around 3rd or 4th best unit in the history of the franchise. Off the top of my head, only Robin and Seth edge her out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

That's Ike, I'm pretty sure you're talking about a fantasy. Or perhaps some hacking shenanigans? I do remember an LP that that a Mist that did really well with her stat ups and there were people calculating if she could beat the Black Knight, I seem to recall some screenshots about it. My memory is a bit fuzzy though, been a few years since I saw that LP.

Mist can wield Alondite after you beat the Black Knight, Ike uses his dad's sword