Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Speaking for myself, I'm 33 and my wife makes almost 2x what I make.

It owns.

It just caught me off guard. The majority of college and grad students are women, they're the ones bringing the big checks despite sexism shrinking their pay. I mean there's the internet, and what you see every single day. Guess I'm too naive or something, but people are hella stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

if only the democraps weren't so bad!!!!

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

brugroffil posted:

they didn't in 2016

i'd actually like to see a source for this

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

(biden)

https://twitter.com/TeenVogue/status/847910903454593024

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Unperson_47 posted:

i for one would not use somethingawful.com as a representative sample of our generation

it's a representative sample of something, that's for sure

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

yep, they'll lose Donnelly, Tester and maybe even Warner too but it won't really matter.

Donnelly has been mum but he will eat an insane amount of poo poo here if he votes Gorsuch and it will be the death of his future in Indiana politics

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Epic High Five posted:

If Dems had control of even 1 or 2 of the rust belt/southern states that Trump won that nobody saw coming, he would've lost by a comfy margin because tens of thousands of people were illegally stripped of their right to vote and 3-4x that simply were not able to due to lines and sabotage in each of those states that the GOP controls, which is like all of them.

this is why even though Cooper is turning rapidly into an ughhhhhh governor the simple fact that they're in charge of the voting in 2018 and 2020 in NC is huge

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Sexual Lorax posted:

voter suppression has to be fought because it suppresses voters full stop

actually, all voters should be suppressed

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Trump so mad he left the nuclear football at a press conference

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

please don't doxx me

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

KIMHARI RONSO

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

eonwe posted:

classified cumming
self-gratification secret
hush hush hand job
bootleg beating off

National orifice

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
B-b-b-but that's not hot enough to melt steel! Someone tell Alex Jones stat!

Atlanta bridge collapse shows how fire defeats concrete, steel
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/03/31/atlanta-bridge-collapse-shows-how-fire-defeats-concrete-steel/99877148/

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

mormonpartyboat posted:

hosed up if true

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

mormonpartyboat posted:

:agreed:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MaxxBot posted:

B-b-b-but that's not hot enough to melt steel! Someone tell Alex Jones stat!

Atlanta bridge collapse shows how fire defeats concrete, steel
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/03/31/atlanta-bridge-collapse-shows-how-fire-defeats-concrete-steel/99877148/

Fire + time defeats all.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the biden campaign would have been too good for this world

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

If Dems had control of even 1 or 2 of the rust belt/southern states that Trump won that nobody saw coming, he would've lost by a comfy margin because tens of thousands of people were illegally stripped of their right to vote and 3-4x that simply were not able to due to lines and sabotage in each of those states that the GOP controls, which is like all of them.

the most tragic irony of november 8th was people getting excited about long lines to the polls thinking they meant turnout was way up, when really the lines were long because polls in democratic districts were ruthlessly throttled to the point of uselessness

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

i wonder if trump, when referring to website URLs pronounces it as "earl" and says "aich tee tee p two-dots slash slash double-u dubya doobie-you dot..."

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Biden would have won

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Yinlock posted:

He would have loving destroyed those debates.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/TeenVogue/status/847913403960176640

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Yinlock posted:

yeah

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Shageletic posted:

It just caught me off guard. The majority of college and grad students are women, they're the ones bringing the big checks despite sexism shrinking their pay. I mean there's the internet, and what you see every single day. Guess I'm too naive or something, but people are hella stupid.

we counterbalance that by acculturating women and girls that overt ambition is bad (even tho ruthless late stage capitalism), that being competitive is a negative for ladies, and spending literally their entire teenage life telling them that they are the most emotional and frivolous creatures that can form speech

also basically forcing them to take a a critical hit to their professional advancement if they want to get pregnant

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Unperson_47 posted:

i wonder if trump, when referring to website URLs pronounces it as "earl" and says "aich tee tee p two-dots slash slash double-u dubya doobie-you dot..."

how did i leave out the pee

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Consummate Professional posted:

Biden would have won

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/JohnDingell/status/847858712089722883

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

Consummate Professional posted:

Biden would have won

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

https://twitter.com/MelissaJPeltier/status/847903972220391424

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"I would stop tweeting and start focusing. ...The words of a president matter. They have enormous, enormous, enormous, reverberating sounds around the world," Biden said. "Every time a U.S. president speaks and says something, leaders and people around the world try to dissect what he means because it matters so much to their security, threats they face, whatever it is. So, you can't loosely make assertions without limiting your ability to lead."

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I'm not convinced, however, that Biden would have won the primary.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

can we take a moment to think about how bizarre it is to see someone taking the presidency seriously now

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The Joyless Adventures of Rex Tillerson

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Jazerus posted:

That has less to do with being an MRA and more with being evangelical. I would buy a 10% rise in evangelicalism among teens over the past 20 years. I think some of the preference for a single income household is coming from a more innocuous sentiment - that the current situation where a dual income is necessary for survival for a family is undesirable.

The common thread is that american masculinity is in crisis. The average american male is a fuckbrained toxic soup of fragility, horrible ideas, and entitlement. It's not a good look, but change requires introspection and vulnerability, and it's easier just to drink and blame others.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Epic High Five posted:

don't think there were any new voting restrictions put in place in Michigan.

people just didn't give a poo poo bout clinton

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Unperson_47 posted:

i pronounce irl as earl in irl

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Biden would have ordered raves raided of all their ecstasy and taken it all at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

masculinity~

• Locked thread