Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Thor-Stryker posted:

Aside from classes that can escape, would Flash>LMB Headshot>RMB be the highest damage method against high health targets now?

Assuming you're at close range (close enough to not miss any fth shots) nothing has changed. Flash, fth, roll, fth. You'll just do less damage overall, but if you're confident of the kill then quite literally change nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

MorsAnima posted:

Favour the shooter (read: you died to mccree)

Generally yeah, but some abilities are favored over the shooter, as per their netcode video anyway. I'm not sure which those actually apply to though.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Oh right I forgot I looked at this before and Flash is weird. The amount of effective stun time is actually variable, because the flash is a projectile that explodes either on impact or at a max distance, while the recovery time of the skill is fixed.

The total travel time of the flash is .2s so the amount of effective stun can vary by that much. It's at .5s at max so yeah you are right, most of the time you will not be able to land 2 LMB before they recover. Of course, lag is significantly longer than any of these variables so who knows what the server will decide happened in very tight situations.

Guess this explains why i couldn't kill Reaper point blank while testing pre-nerf FTH today. He'd slip away with 15 hp left. I assumed 4 bullets was guaranteed, but I guess not!

e: That'd make post nerf flash+FTH combo almost entirely useless. Wouldn't even guarantee a kill on Tracer. You've gotta go for the left click headshot. That's a pretty loving massive nerf, then, all in all.

Cake Smashing Boob fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 14, 2016

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Guess this explains why i couldn't kill Reaper point blank while testing pre-nerf FTH today. He'd slip away witch 15 hp left. I assumed 4 bullets was guaranteed, but I guess not!

e: That'd make post nerf flash+FTH combo almost entirely useless. Wouldn't even guarantee a kill on Tracer. You've gotta go for the left click headshot. That's a pretty loving massive nerf, then, all in all.

You still only need to hit 4 bullets of fth to kill tracer. With favour the shooter networking it's definitely not worthless. Tracer might be one of the few capable of surviving by smashing shift, we'll find out soon enough.

If she can, woe betide the hero who can no longer 100>0 everyone with no counterplay?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Thor-Stryker posted:

Aside from classes that can escape, would Flash>LMB Headshot>RMB be the highest damage method against high health targets now?

Landing 6 headshots in a row would be if you could do that :v:
But yeah, do LMB>RMB, or LMB>LMB>RMB would be better if you can get away with it (since even if they've recovered you'll probably still get the headshot). LMB>LMB>Melee is also an option.

And additionally you can cancel Fan with Flash, so you can do stuff like RMB for 4 shots > Flash > LMB > LMB
and so on.

Guess this explains why i couldn't kill Reaper point blank while testing pre-nerf FTH today. He'd slip away witch 15 hp left. I assumed 4 bullets was guaranteed, but I guess not!

Yep. FTH is bad for damage after flash now. The good news is that you've got .7s of stun to still line up a headshot and LMB her dead in 1 hit, which is not exactly super hard.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Internet Kraken posted:

Not sure how Tracer doesn't make your hate list. Everytime I play against a competent Tracer I can never get a teleporter up for long because she can reach it so easily and then shoot it. Or if you try to defend she tosses her ult at it and welp.

I haven't seen many Tracers lately, and the ones I did run into thought they could take me, panicked when I got the beam on them, and then blew their blinks and rewind to get away. I'd probably hate a good one but there might not be any in my garbage scrub tier.

I place my teleporters super aggressively too, which ironically seems to make them harder to find. On Dorado I had one up that was literally right around the corner from the second attacker spawn.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yep. FTH is bad for damage after flash now. The good news is that you've got .7s of stun to still line up a headshot and LMB her dead in 1 hit, which is not exactly super hard.

Looks like it's bad for pretty much everything post nerf though? A trap button.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
FTH has no damage falloff, making it still the fastest way to burn down a Reinhardt or Winston shield for McCree, especially if you aren't in close range.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

MorsAnima posted:

You still only need to hit 4 bullets of fth to kill tracer. With favour the shooter networking it's definitely not worthless. Tracer might be one of the few capable of surviving by smashing shift, we'll find out soon enough.

3 bullets ideally since it's 25+45*3 = 160 damage.
You can also just LMB her head which is 165 damage straight up and save your bullets in case anyone else is around, a better option if you can do it.

Looks like it's bad for pretty much everything post nerf though? A trap button.

It's still going to be better in scramble situations where you don't think you can get a headshot. It's still 270 damage in 1 second from 6 shots to the body which is enough to kill most of the cast. And if you have roll off cooldown, it's not like you are super concerned about having to reload.

Countblanc posted:

FTH has no damage falloff, making it still the fastest way to burn down a Reinhardt or Winston shield for McCree, especially if you aren't in close range.

It absolutely does have damage falloff, it's 25-45 now (instead of 35-70).

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm enjoying the McCree players that don't seem to know about the nerf rolling in, doing the flashbang + RMB and then panicking when they realize I'm not dead like usual only to get killed in return.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Not sure how Tracer doesn't make your hate list. Everytime I play against a competent Tracer I can never get a teleporter up for long because she can reach it so easily and then shoot it. Or if you try to defend she tosses her ult at it and welp.

Symmetra's turrets and M1 do a lot to counteract Tracer's speed and mobility, which pretty much limits Tracer's options to "run away in shame and never come back" or "kill Symmetra before she kills you". Although the latter happens to be Symmetra's greatest weakness, it's still probably a trade because even if she kills Symm, Tracer has a hard time dealing with multiple turrets.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!

I wanted to watch this, but I have no idea who Lusheeo is.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Oh yeah Symmetra can actually kill Tracer fairly easily if she runs into a room with turrets, its just her insane mobility means she can blow up your teleporter pretty easily. And even if you devote multiple turrets to guarding it that doesn't do anything if she is willing to toss her sticky bomb at it.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

3 bullets ideally since it's 25+45*3 = 160 damage.
You can also just LMB her head which is 165 damage straight up and save your bullets in case anyone else is around, a better option if you can do it.

Oh that's right. I somehow got it in my head it was 40 per shot. 45 with 3 hits guaranteed + 25 from flashbang kills Tracer dead (minus shenanigans). All is well.

TheVekter
Sep 29, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Kraken posted:

If a Tracer blows her ult to kill your TP and turrets, she's being silly and wasting an ult. Also, you should probably try and get more creative with your TP placements.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

gently caress yeah Hanzo

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008

Thor-Stryker posted:

Yeah, this is what I was gonna say. Just score the first headshot and FTH after. One of your shots crit, the rest of your shots get to come out fast.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I see people talk about what rank they are in the game. On the risk of sounding like a fool, is there an easy way where I can look up how I'm doing?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

TheVekter posted:

If a Tracer blows her ult to kill your TP and turrets, she's being silly and wasting an ult. Also, you should probably try and get more creative with your TP placements.

Her ult charges fairly quickly and shutting down Symmetra's ult is hardly a waste.

Also you can't really hide the teleporter given the killcam shows the other team the location marker for it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Yeah, the McCree nerf was good, but the Widowmaker nerf wasn't enough, she needs to lose her SMG, and some HP or a longer cooldown on the grapple.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Verranicus posted:

I'm enjoying the McCree players that don't seem to know about the nerf rolling in, doing the flashbang + RMB and then panicking when they realize I'm not dead like usual only to get killed in return.

https://gfycat.com/ExhaustedShowyIslandwhistler

Fan the hammer was nerfed early for him.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ddraig posted:

https://gfycat.com/ExhaustedShowyIslandwhistler

Fan the hammer was nerfed early for him.

I never knew Mcree's hat falls off when you kill him. That's funny.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

It absolutely does have damage falloff, it's 25-45 now (instead of 35-70).

ow infinity has lied to me and ive never been more angry in my life

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Binding Mouse 5 to hello was the best decision I ever made.

Junkrat and McCree both have top level hellos.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Countblanc posted:

ow infinity has lied to me and ive never been more angry in my life

last time I checked OW infinity also says 200/200 for both of zaryas barriers but other sources say 200/400.

whats even real any more

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ddraig posted:

Binding Mouse 5 to hello was the best decision I ever made.

Junkrat and McCree both have top level hellos.

reinhardt and winston are also top tier

HYELLO!

Hi there!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
speaking of emotes i have the "thats how you get tinnitus" voice line for lucio and i spam that every time i right click someone

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I see people talk about what rank they are in the game. On the risk of sounding like a fool, is there an easy way where I can look up how I'm doing?

https://www.masteroverwatch.com

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Internet Kraken posted:

I never knew Mcree's hat falls off when you kill him. That's funny.

Off the top of my head, Mcree's hat falls off, Bastion completely falls apart and his different parts go everywhere, Junkrat's bombs fall off, and Zenyatta's orbs stop floating and just fall to the ground and roll around. I'm sure every character just drops their gun but those are the ones I can think of that have a little extra flair to them

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Mei gets transported back to the Ninth Circle of Hell where she belongs.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zoness posted:

speaking of emotes i have the "thats how you get tinnitus" voice line for lucio and i spam that every time i right click someone

Pro tier Lucio spam is the "HOO! Yeah!" Because if you bind it to a side mouse button you can make him go "HOO! HOO! HOO! HOO!"

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

lmao was that the phoon song for like half a second while wallrunning?

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008

Teikanmi posted:

Pro tier Lucio spam is the "HOO! Yeah!" Because if you bind it to a side mouse button you can make him go "HOO! HOO! HOO! HOO!"

Stop making me want to bind a mouse button to a skill I actually use those for skills and now I just wanna HOO

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Zoness posted:

It's tragic that enemies can't hear your voice lines.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Zoness posted:

My friends were pretty shocked when they first heard that line because they thought he was saying "that's how you get the knife!" which is admittedly a much better line

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

First game of the post-nerf world our team goes TWO Widows who are utterly worthless and get stomped by 4 Genjis, but one gets POTG because he killed 1.5 guys and declares "I won." Look them both up and they play together. They have a dumb gimmick where one is almost always D.Va and the other almost always Bastion, same length of time. If they're not doing that they both go Widow. They literally have made a gimmick of being poo poo dead weight.

Kanfy posted:

It's tragic that enemies can't hear your voice lines.

They 10000% can.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Has the patch actually gone live on the main servers?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

My friends were pretty shocked when they first heard that line because they thought he was saying "that's how you get the knife!" which is admittedly a much better line

yeah the worst part is that he doesn't really deliver it in the same way that H. Jon Benjamin does

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

piratepilates posted:

lmao was that the phoon song for like half a second while wallrunning?

It's the song the weird looking french guy was listening to when he stole that poo poo via interpretive dance at the end of ocean's 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr834Cs9ncs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

FAUXTON posted:

It's the song the weird looking french guy was listening to when he stole that poo poo via interpretive dance at the end of ocean's 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr834Cs9ncs

that's the one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNvDUO42Hys&t=40s