Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The funniest part is that a completely monochrome manifesto was "printed by the colour company"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I dunno it seems like it was a productive morning.

Especially as #corbyncarcrash is mostly people saying how stupid the hashtag is.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

https://twitter.com/novel_couss/status/1199668052893323267?s=20

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

"Most of the things I did last night did not relate to murdering my wife"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Who?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Gaping Mike Party

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
British media people are the literal scum of the earth, just the loving worst. I hope corbyn destroys murdoch and all of his empire and put strict controls on smear tactics when he wins. If corbyn wins he has to start actively taking revenge and destroying everything that is in the way of the left project, no more mr nice guy.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Nov 27, 2019

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Maugrim posted:

You got me too. Gotta say I enjoy your posting shtick.

Guys I had a thought. What if Labour has a whole file of similarly incriminating leaked documents and are just planning to roll one out every couple of days. There have to be plenty of disgruntled civil servants out there... Only thing is its not really Corbyn's style, he prefers to hammer the positive stuff. But I imagine Labour's strategy team are aware we need to depress turnout for the Tories as much as possible to have a hope of a majority.

Thank you :tipshat:

I do wonder if maybe this was timed to neutralise the Chief Rabbi's legitimate concerns. Guess what guys, the Left can do that too :getin:

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

British media people are the literal scum of the earth, just the loving worst. I hope corbyn destroys murdoch and all of his empire and put strict controls on smear tactics when he wins.

Journalism is now about discourse control for the highest bidder, any pretence otherwise has long been abandoned

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gh0stpinballa

https://twitter.com/TKispeter/status/1199449173143293952?s=19

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

J_RBG posted:

Journalism is now about discourse control for the highest bidder, any pretence otherwise has long been abandoned

it's been proven time and time again that private ownership of journalism is a cancer on society and actively harms humanity, normal people arent capable of thinking straight and escaping mass money-making media brainwashing even against cold hard facts like climate change, enough. to save humanity all of these private media empires have to be dismantled.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/GoodwinMJ/status/1199591184018092032

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1199673974474657794

Isn't 'tax efficient' just another way of saying they're doing their best to avoid paying the same rate of tax that non business owners pay?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I went looking to see if DDees had any spicy takes on the antisemitism stuff but seemingly nothing. Did Mossad steal his shoes again?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

loving lmao

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1199670184522526720?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

it's been proven time and time again that private ownership of journalism is a cancer on society and actively harms humanity, normal people arent capable of thinking straight and escaping mass money-making media brainwashing even against cold hard facts like climate change, enough. to save humanity all of these private media empires have to be dismantled.

State ownership of it isn't much better mind.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

State ownership of it isn't much better mind.

Well yeah obviously that's proven to be a disasterous failure.

I think the best middle ground is to seperate 'entertainment media' and let that be what it may be and 'News and Facts' media be some form of publicly owned (sovereign wealth fund style) enterprise that includes independent scientific or research based bodies unattached to any kind of market or political intervention.

I dont have all the answers but loving enough of just four insane ayn rand reading maniac rich people paying billions to convince your typical villiage idiot that the comet isnt headed straight for earth when it loving is.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Quick aside;

https://twitter.com/dawnhfoster/status/1199677682105102341?s=21

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Bardeh posted:

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1199673974474657794

Isn't 'tax efficient' just another way of saying they're doing their best to avoid paying the same rate of tax that non business owners pay?

Pretty much. Also avoiding business side NI contributions for salary.

God mainstream journalists are all either on the Tory payroll or worthless at their jobs.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I dunno it seems like it was a productive morning.

Especially as #corbyncarcrash is mostly people saying how stupid the hashtag is.

drat right it's stupid.

Everyone knows Corbyn rides a communist bicycle.

The Telegraph posted:

When detailing how the new Labour leader chose to take a black cab home, the Times mentioned that Mr. Corbyn had abandoned ' the Chairman Mao-style bicycle his neighbours always see him riding.'

"Less thorough journalists might have referred to it as just a bicycle,' he joked during his conference speech.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Big political question about whether any UK govt would ever do a deal to privatise rail, water, energy telecom etc - would be massively costsly for the govt and likley deeply unpopular

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

Well yeah obviously that's proven to be a disasterous failure.

I think the best middle ground is to seperate 'entertainment media' and let that be what it may be and 'News and Facts' media be some form of publicly owned (sovereign wealth fund style) enterprise that includes independent scientific or research based bodies unattached to any kind of market or political intervention.

I dont have all the answers but loving enough of just four insane ayn rand reading maniac rich people paying billions to convince your typical villiage idiot that the comet isnt headed straight for earth when it loving is.

Personally I favour the total death of the press and the turning over of discussion to completely decentralized platforms.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

j o u r n a l i s m

is when you ignore people contacting you with scoops

is when you continue to push the lines you're spoon-fed

is when you claim that other people publishing scoops is bad, somehow

j o u r n a l i s m

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Personally I favour the total death of the press and the turning over of discussion to completely decentralized platforms.

but that ended up with facebook memes brainwashing the olds even more.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

but that ended up with facebook memes brainwashing the olds even more.

It's also the primary method labour is using to get its message out, combined with similar ground level messaging from its membership. It requires a degree of literacy with the medium but I think it's inescapably the future and probably the closest you can come to the ideal of an independent news source. If you're going to set up some kind of "neutral" body I think you'd have better luck with them maintaining a platform than actually trying to produce neutral content.

If you believe in the ability of people to self govern then a genuinely free platform for people to scream at each other is about the best we've ever gotten. That and hopefully rebuilding social spaces for people to talk to each other which have of course been eroded by capitalism and social media.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

British media people are the literal scum of the earth, just the loving worst. I hope corbyn destroys murdoch and all of his empire and put strict controls on smear tactics when he wins. If corbyn wins he has to start actively taking revenge and destroying everything that is in the way of the left project, no more mr nice guy.

Lord Leveson is taking notes.

He waits...

:yeshaha:

clear eyes full farts
Jul 3, 2007

the uk is just awful
It's a fake democracy
with free education and healthcare as long as you are a dosser and I am trapped here :(

Bardeh posted:

yep, if you want some numbers, at @ 80k (seeing as that's a popular number lately) there is about £3,500 in savings to be had that way, at 150k its around £6,000

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

if i ever earned 80k pounds a year I'd be the happiest person on the planet.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

FAKE NEWS! DOUBLE VOTES! The true figure is Labour 31.5% (+11) :byodood:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/GoodwinMJ/status/1199675149756309504

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Btw, here's the article Liz Truss is trying to use to deflect attention back onto anti-semitism

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I take back all of my doomsaying. Jezza will loving win and as a filthy foreign I will raise my arms to the air and send him all the energy I have.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Necrothatcher posted:

Btw, here's the article Liz Truss is trying to use to deflect attention back onto anti-semitism

Clearly that's just jeremy corbyn in a hat.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If nothing else this election certainly looks like it's proven how you get the kids to vote.

Also if the zoomer revolutionary vanguard is what wins it for us I'm not going to stop laughing.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

TIGFJC

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

https://twitter.com/Elizabeth_McLau/status/1199376945596768257

I triple checked - both balls and the peener. That sure is a boy dog, Mr President.

:trumpsmug:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Braggart posted:

https://twitter.com/Elizabeth_McLau/status/1199376945596768257

I triple checked - both balls and the peener. That sure is a boy dog, Mr President.

The pool updates about this were pretty funny.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
It's the dogs bollocks, or so I believe.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Necrothatcher posted:

Yeah spotted all this business a couple of days ago, seems people have been labelling Corbyn as an anti-semite since 2012, so again it's nothing new.

E: Here's a certain someone defending him at the time:

https://twitter.com/MichaelRosenYes/status/194492589003640833

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Er, Mr President sir? Conan the dog just gave birth to a litter of puppies.

Doesn't matter! It's fake news! I never said the dog was a boy! I was just misgendering that dog because I tell it like it is!

U - S - A!
We're not gay!
U - S - A!
We're not gay!

Braggart fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Nov 27, 2019