Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Bought a friend a game on steam today, however Steam does maintenance on Tuesdays, so connection to the store is still possible but flakey. I was finally able to buy it and gift it to him, and he got the following errors when trying to accept the game.

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Kheldarn posted:

Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Velocity Raptor posted:

Bought a friend a game on steam today, however Steam does maintenance on Tuesdays, so connection to the store is still possible but flakey.

Sorry.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Velocity Raptor posted:

Bought a friend a game on steam today, however Steam does maintenance on Tuesdays, so connection to the store is still possible but flakey. I was finally able to buy it and gift it to him, and he got the following errors when trying to accept the game.

Incredible error messages.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Velocity Raptor posted:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Velocity Raptor posted:

Man, I'm flashing back to the old days of image macro memes.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

canyoneer posted:

It's a typo. It's supposed to read "spine paste"

"BYOPPPC"

"What's the extra P for?"

"That's a typo"

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I can't argue with this search result

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

the daddies are doing WHAT

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:golfclap:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

This is Harry’s hog erasure.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

This is Harry’s hog erasure.

Nipples, too.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Velocity Raptor posted:

Random guess: HTTP status codes are (ab)used to indicate the health of a service, and subsequently they may trigger automated deploys to roll back to the previous version (AWS works like that). Normally this is not a bad thing, since if you’re getting 400/500 on everything usually means that you messed up your routing config, or the database could not connect, or whatever - something is deeply wrong so first revert, then you have some time to figure poo poo out, then push the fixed code.

This means everything that’s not a 200 OK or something like it is considered bad/unhealthy - which could include things like 400 codes for the wrong password or a misspelled email. To solve this, these are implemented as 200 codes and an additional error message that says something like “yes, we received your request, but we couldn’t handle it” and the front end sees 200 and thinks “yay, success!” while the backend has halted.

The problem occurs when you don’t follow the spec or don’t tell the other devs that you are doing this.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Laserjet 4P posted:

Random guess: HTTP status codes are (ab)used to indicate the health of a service, and subsequently they may trigger automated deploys to roll back to the previous version (AWS works like that). Normally this is not a bad thing, since if you’re getting 400/500 on everything usually means that you messed up your routing config, or the database could not connect, or whatever - something is deeply wrong so first revert, then you have some time to figure poo poo out, then push the fixed code.

This means everything that’s not a 200 OK or something like it is considered bad/unhealthy - which could include things like 400 codes for the wrong password or a misspelled email. To solve this, these are implemented as 200 codes and an additional error message that says something like “yes, we received your request, but we couldn’t handle it” and the front end sees 200 and thinks “yay, success!” while the backend has halted.

The problem occurs when you don’t follow the spec or don’t tell the other devs that you are doing this.

Are you my coworker? I feel called out.

200 OK "Task Failed Successfully"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Biplane posted:

You were too fast for my edit and also lmao
What's confusing is it's not like you're called hetplane

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Velocity Raptor posted:

Steamtime for Hitler

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

What a delightful gallery of old rogues!

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/status/1694855693768048732?s=20

Bwahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah

Bwahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Lol good one

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

That weight's gotta be a typo. Too bad he was allowed to self-report (we were all extremely disappointed in the Trumplol thread as we had a book going on his actual height & weight).

What a sad little excuse for a man. Held the highest office in the land* and is afraid to post his actual stats.

*upside-down until he shook all of the loose change out of it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
loving LOL

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Trying for Churchill, failing into concentrated shart mode

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

He can't turn left, but he's got Blue Steel down.

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

Ladies and gentlemen, your next President of the United States

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Stocky Manhood posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, your next previous President of the United States

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

:pwn:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Got to give it to him, that's a half decent nixon.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

LOL

How about putting bars over it and making it the probation AV?

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

LOL

One has already shown up in the LC:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

bennyfactor posted:

One has already shown up in the LC:

Mods please? This has me dying. Do the needful. I'll even offer myself for the first sixer with this.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

syntaxfunction posted:

He can't turn left, but he's got Blue Steel down.
Saw the pic, thought "oh my god he went full Blue Steel", scrolled down and saw your post and I lost it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

BiggerBoat posted:

LOL