Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Comrade Flynn posted:

I thought the same until the Lambo. It definitely attracts women. I mean, not great women, but women. I've had cars full of girls follow me into gas stations multiple times now.

I guess it's not so much "cool" cars as really expensive ones the layperson can identify. Every girl I've dated has hated my Corvette because it's too low and hard to get in and out of (if you're out of shape I guess?) But obviously a used Corvette doesn't have anyone saying there goes a well-to-do dot com millionaire. Hey at least I'm not some 60 year old bald dude like most Corvette owners (I will be, give me time.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Comrade Flynn posted:

I thought the same until the Lambo. It definitely attracts women. I mean, not great women, but women. I've had cars full of girls follow me into gas stations multiple times now.

I'm hoping they might consider the Midget "cute" once I'm done painting it... dunno what they'll think about the fat married guy with his head sticking up above the windshield, though.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

davebo posted:

I guess it's not so much "cool" cars as really expensive ones the layperson can identify. Every girl I've dated has hated my Corvette because it's too low and hard to get in and out of (if you're out of shape I guess?) But obviously a used Corvette doesn't have anyone saying there goes a well-to-do dot com millionaire. Hey at least I'm not some 60 year old bald dude like most Corvette owners (I will be, give me time.)

This is exactly it. Most people that buy cars that cost 100+k do so because they are trying to flaunt their money. Chicks don't care about cool cars, they care about people driving rich people cars.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Tremek posted:

So unlike Photoshop McGee above, some of us know how to do real burnouts with foot-wide tires.

YOUR MOVE SHITLORD

Come on man, only 12 inches of rubber? Here's 13 inches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aUPMPARws4
(edit in progress, so just skip forward to like 30sec if it shows as over a minute long)

... it counts as 13" if it's evenly split between the two front tires right? I need an LSD for this thing.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

veedubfreak posted:

This is exactly it. Most people that buy cars that cost 100+k do so because they are trying to flaunt their money. Chicks don't care about cool cars, they care about people driving rich people cars.

On the other hand, it makes it easy to weed out gold digging girls.

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

veedubfreak posted:

I get tons of love from random strangers, including the ladies, when driving around in my Mini - which is not a "rich dude" car, albeit a pretty unusual ride Stateside.

Were I single, that attention would be trivially easy to convert.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

dreesemonkey posted:

He's probably had 10 cars since his last fit, he's the very definition of Automotive ADHD

Wow. I've been driving since i was 14 or 15, something like 2000-2002 and i've only ever owned 2 cars, both of which were from the mid 90s. I dont want to sell my cars ever, much less with any frequency.

Why would i replace it? I bought the right one the second first time! :colbert:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Wow. I've been driving since i was 14 or 15, something like 2000-2002 and i've only ever owned 2 cars, both of which were from the mid 90s. I dont want to sell my cars ever, much less with any frequency.

Why would i replace it? I bought the right one the second first time! :colbert:

CAuse you might need to put more than a shoebox in the car.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Pham Nuwen posted:

I'm hoping they might consider the Midget "cute" once I'm done painting it... dunno what they'll think about the fat married guy with his head sticking up above the windshield, though.

Ha good luck, old British cars for the most part attract old men. So do old German cars.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

NitroSpazzz posted:

Ha good luck, old British cars for the most part attract old men. So do old German cars.

Can confirm.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

SquirrelGrip posted:

because he bought this blue thing to park infront of his work truck

Forget the blue thing, let's talk about the work truck. What is it and do you have more pictures of it?

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Bovril Delight posted:

Does she call it "sporty"?

Idk her last three cars have been chrysler town & countrys so probably

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

Can confirm.

I'm with you on that one as well.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Every other guy I know hates my avalanche since its "not a real truck". Plenty of chicks like it though. Its comfy, rides good and they seem to like the somewhat unique look it has compared to a regular truck. And the it costs $$ thing. :v:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

veedubfreak posted:

CAuse you might need to put more than a shoebox in the car.

That's when you put the top down/take off the hardtop

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Plates finally arrived.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Elmnt80 posted:

Every other guy I know hates my avalanche since its "not a real truck". Plenty of chicks like it though. Its comfy, rides good and they seem to like the somewhat unique look it has compared to a regular truck. And the it costs $$ thing. :v:

I am really happy that you like your Avalanche, but they are ugly as hell.

Figures that women like it, most women tend to disagree with me on matters of taste.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I've looked into stripping the plastic cladding off plenty of times. Sadly there isn't really a good way to do it that won't leave a bunch of holes in the body.

EDIT: And for the record, I agree that its ugly. I'm just used to it by now and entirely stockholm syndrome'd.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Comrade Flynn posted:

Plates finally arrived.

That's not a burnout pic. You have work to do.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Best car weekend in a while. Here are some pictures.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
F-Type's really growing on me, seen a few about and they have great presence.

Also you better post your number plates or Rohit will come rattle your pots and pans

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

dreesemonkey posted:

He's probably had 10 cars since his last fit, he's the very definition of Automotive ADHD

You're not far off. I have had close to 60 (?) cars in the past 18 years I think.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

kastein posted:

Come on man, only 12 inches of rubber? Here's 13 inches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aUPMPARws4
(edit in progress, so just skip forward to like 30sec if it shows as over a minute long)

... it counts as 13" if it's evenly split between the two front tires right? I need an LSD for this thing.

Don't skip anything in this video. The anticipation, listening to some bird chirping, followed by cock-tease sounds of random traffic, before the MAIN EVENT is totally worth it. In fact, I wanted to keep watching - you looked like you were going to roll backwards back down the hill but the video just ENDS. :argh:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Comrade Flynn posted:

Plates finally arrived.

Why the hell is it still wearing the loving dealer plate surround?

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

MrYenko posted:

Because it says CATSEX on it.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MrYenko posted:

Why not? I rock dealer plate surrounds for a while when I get a good deal/am treated well.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

ExecuDork posted:

Don't skip anything in this video. The anticipation, listening to some bird chirping, followed by cock-tease sounds of random traffic, before the MAIN EVENT is totally worth it. In fact, I wanted to keep watching - you looked like you were going to roll backwards back down the hill but the video just ENDS. :argh:

That's the truncated version, it was a lot more boring full length :v:

I did in fact roll backwards down the hill, since I had to back it down into the yard to park it so I could drive the other subaru to work.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Insanely Sikh posted:

F-Type's really growing on me, seen a few about and they have great presence.

Also you better post your number plates or Rohit will come rattle your pots and pans

I'm a Brit fan anyways, but the F-Type is loving beautiful. The V6 sounds downright exotic as well. They are doing an AWD version of the V8 soon so you don't kill yourself by looking at the go pedal.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I think it looks like a ferrari california with a little bit of chrysler crossfire mixed in (i dont know why he didnt do his "squatting dog" bit on the jag. probibly becuase its british and not american)

I prefer the look of the XK8 coupe.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

PCOS Bill posted:

Why not? I rock dealer plate surrounds for a while when I get a good deal/am treated well.

Mine used to say "~Vindfeld Exclusive Cars~", which I thought was pretty rad for a 1.5 decade-old Peugeot. Unfortunately I had to have my rear bumper replaced and the stealership garage put boring rear end normal dealer surrounds on it instead :(

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

I think they look incredibly gaudy. Unless the dealer is paying me a monthly stipend to advertise for them, the plate surrounds come off very quickly.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ive seen an F-Type driving around when I go out on my lunch break occasionally, sounds awesome but the guy never gives it any beans.

Dealer plate frames and emblems and windshield banners are terrible, even especially on an awesome lambo.

Cage fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 16, 2015

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004

angryhampster posted:

I think they look incredibly gaudy. Unless the dealer is paying me a monthly stipend to advertise for them, the plate surrounds come off very quickly.

It looks like you don't give a poo poo about your car when you leave them on, that you were done thinking about it after you picked it up.

A car is a project!
:goonsay:

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

MrYenko posted:

Roy Cats cut me an absurd deal and we hang out every once in awhile. There's a pretty high probability I'll buy most of my future vehicles from him. Plus the Lamborghini repair place is a part of his dealership.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

POKEMAN SAM posted:

It looks like you don't give a poo poo about your car when you leave them on, that you were done thinking about it after you picked it up.

A car is a project!
:goonsay:

My buddy came by yesterday and we determined that his car had two dealer badges on it from two different dealerships, and a license plate frame from a third.

I don't even know how that happens without dealership B removing the badge of dealership A.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Elmnt80 posted:

It's a Honda Ridgeline with none of the reliability and infinity^infinity% more ugly body cladding that faded 6mo after purchase.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

At least the Avalanche has an actual truck motor that faces the right direction and has some manner of tow/haul capability, but it's still a fake bullshit truck made for suburbanites who need to compensate more than a fullsize SUV will allow them to without the downsides of owning an actual truck.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

It's a Honda Ridgeline with none of the reliability and infinity^infinity% more ugly body cladding that faded 6mo after purchase.

When the ridgeline was introduced as a concept in 2004, the avalanche had already been in production for 3 years and the ridgeline used almost the exact same side profile as the Avalanche. All of its major parts are shared between GMs various SUV and truck platforms which have proven to be absurdly reliable and quite capable of crossing the 300k and 400k mark with regular preventative maintenance. The only real reliability issues ever unique to the avalanche were lovely seals around the midgate in the first two years and the fading cladding problem (which GM fixed under warranty once a solution was found). And while it took them till 07 to nix the lovely cladding, at least it isn't build on the same platform as the Honda Odyssey which limits its towing abilities and bed size. :colbert:

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 17, 2015

Elwood P. Dowd
Oct 13, 2005

Jimmy Stewart would approve

kastein posted:

At least the Avalanche has an actual truck motor that faces the right direction and has some manner of tow/haul capability, but it's still a fake bullshit truck made for suburbanites who need to compensate more than a fullsize SUV will allow them to without the downsides of owning an actual truck.

Yeah our Ridgeline has a transverse V6 but it is rated to tow 7000 lb... which is not like great but it's ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

What year is that? Everything I found listed it at 5k lbs.