Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Symbolic Butt posted:

Zangief vs JP is absolutely brutal.

Marisa vs Sim probably isn't as lopsided, but that feels pretty terrible as Marisa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Gief vs. Lily or Sim is the worst thing I've ever experienced in SF6 so far.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yeah gief/sim is prolly the worst mu in the game but it might be the only 3-7 at all which is pretty remarkable balance wise for a launch game. even gief jp feels closer to a 4-6

i remember playing launch blazblue and having an arguably 1-9 matchup lmao

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

This is a weird question but like

Do other people with leverless controllers break their drat usbs as often as I do? I can barely drop this haute t13 from the height of just my lap and it will kill a USBC cord.

Do it a few times and it kills the port inside and I'm waiting on an Amazon replacement

I can't imagine it's better with other leverless controllers since the issue is a flimsy-rear end connector into the edge of a big broad piece of plastic.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

My Mixbox's cord connects directly the PCB so there's no such issue but that also means that the case has to be big enough to store the cable inside.

It's also made out of metal so it's heavy enough to kill someone with it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

anime was right posted:

yeah gief/sim is prolly the worst mu in the game but it might be the only 3-7 at all which is pretty remarkable balance wise for a launch game. even gief jp feels closer to a 4-6

i remember playing launch blazblue and having an arguably 1-9 matchup lmao

Yeah, in SamSho I'm a Darli main and from what I remember reading, in Season 1 Darli/Ukyo was supposed to be a 1-9 matchup; I don't know if it was quite that bad but it was definitely rough.

Nothing in SF6 feels that bad

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

No matter how many times I play against JP, I simply cannot discern what his barks and snaps and purple poo poo is going to do, when it's going to do it, or where. It's like I contract some form of temporary dyslexia, but solely for one old man grunting and doing close up magic.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Nehru the Damaja posted:

This is a weird question but like

Do other people with leverless controllers break their drat usbs as often as I do? I can barely drop this haute t13 from the height of just my lap and it will kill a USBC cord.

Do it a few times and it kills the port inside and I'm waiting on an Amazon replacement

I can't imagine it's better with other leverless controllers since the issue is a flimsy-rear end connector into the edge of a big broad piece of plastic.

3 months ago I got a T16 and I had to replace the cable that came with it the other day. I just thought the cable that came with it was particularly flimsy but we'll see.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

SlimGoodbody posted:

No matter how many times I play against JP, I simply cannot discern what his barks and snaps and purple poo poo is going to do, when it's going to do it, or where. It's like I contract some form of temporary dyslexia, but solely for one old man grunting and doing close up magic.

Lol, same. He's got one that's a throw, and I never know it's a throw, so I have to just jump over everything he does. Luckily, apparently, he's actually somewhat weak to jump is. Still, yeah, I don't think I've ever beat him. (I play gief).

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

If you've never seen it, you should watch Reynald vs Snake Eyez in the 2023 CPT West Grand Finals. Absolutely insane, the best JP/Zangief sets I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdOYHnnHiG0

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Khizan posted:

If you've never seen it, you should watch Reynald vs Snake Eyez in the 2023 CPT West Grand Finals. Absolutely insane, the best JP/Zangief sets I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdOYHnnHiG0

Jesus Christ. Even Snake Eyez, with all his insane skill, is made to look almost entirely impotent in that matchup. I mean, don't get me wrong, fantastic set! But like, gently caress. He does everything right and eats perfects. You can see a few times where he gets the read, but because Gief is so slow / doesn't have a real way to stop cross ups, he gets punished anyway, lol.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Hopefully Gief's lariat hitting crossup is one of his buffs for next season. I think it even hits crossup when you're using his moveset in World Tour so clearly at one point he was supposed to have it. The Manon buff I'm most excited for is that people reported her cr. MK combos into st. LK on counterhit so you can finally get a good conversion off one of her best pokes.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Hopefully Gief's lariat hitting crossup is one of his buffs for next season. I think it even hits crossup when you're using his moveset in World Tour so clearly at one point he was supposed to have it. The Manon buff I'm most excited for is that people reported her cr. MK combos into st. LK on counterhit so you can finally get a good conversion off one of her best pokes.

I don't think it will be, feels like they'd have done it by now in either the Feb or May updates.

I think maybe the school of thought is that lariat being a catch all for any kind of anti air is too good (I don't know that that's true) but so, just give him anything that's anti crossup. I guess air SPD, but I feel that's not practical. For the most part your only option is blocking.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/tormentor_uae/status/1790608385290686712

How much damage does full resource Marisa combo do? For comparison.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
They need to cut a couple frames off the startup on Lariat and his Level 2 because that poo poo is dire.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

!Klams posted:

Lol, same. He's got one that's a throw, and I never know it's a throw, so I have to just jump over everything he does. Luckily, apparently, he's actually somewhat weak to jump is. Still, yeah, I don't think I've ever beat him. (I play gief).

With Blanka I just bum rush JP and jump a lot because I’ve found that playing like a deranged idiot is more effective for me than looking like an idiot trying to actually work out what he’s doing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://x.com/StreetFighter/status/1791967118935634102

Lmao that Akuma's graffiti tag isn't his name like everyone else because they didn't wanna have to make a Gouki version and an Akuma version

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

So if they add Vega and we get a Vega tag, we can assume Bison is coming back I guess, etc

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Nehru the Damaja posted:

So if they add Vega and we get a Vega tag, we can assume Bison is coming back I guess, etc

It'll just say "Tuesday"

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

C. Everett Koop posted:

It'll just say "Tuesday"

Martes Bison

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
Please help me understand Guile's options vs. Cammy. I know people say this match favors Guile, and I'm ranked Diamond 4, but my winrate v Cammy is only 40% and she's the third most common enemy I face according to the ingame stats.

Here's two replays and some of my own commentary on what I am trying (and isn't working):

5HD6RKRW8
Round 1
- 84 seconds: I have no idea what to do about Cammy's 5HK other than block it and then do nothing. They poke with it absolutely all the time but I my normals will be blocked if I try to punish, even OD Flash Kick (6 frame startup) will also be blocked -- or if not, I'm too slow to get it out because it's been blocked when I have tried. Is the right answer to DI? I don't think I have the reaction speed to do that and it eats meter, and in round 2 I DI it and DI is too slow to hit her.
- 81 seconds: Cammy ducks under the second combo hit from Guile's 2HK > 3HK > Flash Kick combo. I haven't seen any other character do this. Is this unique to Cammy? Should I just not use this combo v her or am I doing something wrong? This is one of my bnb combos so it's hard not to use it.

Round 2
- 70 seconds: She does 5HK, I DI it, DI is too slow to punish.

8JUK7ENT6
Round 1
- No notes (him using the super in a 2 frame window in the middle of my target combo was a sweet move. Nice job, Cammy.)

Round 2
- Starting around 95 seconds you see the kind of useless trading back and forth on blockstun I do a lot with Cammy. I want to know what to do here.
- 84 seconds: I get lucky and correctly anticipate a 2MK, interrupt it with Flash Kick. This is risky as hell, when I am wrong I get punished easily. Help me find something less risky to do.
- 82 seconds: Second hit of 2HK > 3HK > Flash Kick combo whiffs, again. Ugh.

Thanks, I appreciate any advice.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

- 81 seconds: Cammy ducks under the second combo hit from Guile's 2HK > 3HK > Flash Kick combo. I haven't seen any other character do this. Is this unique to Cammy? Should I just not use this combo v her or am I doing something wrong? This is one of my bnb combos so it's hard not to use it.

Round 2

Can't give you high-level suggestions because I'm bad, but specifically for this: Guile 2HK,3HK isn't a true combo unless it's a punish. All characters afaik can down-back duck under the 3HK on 2HK hit or counterhit; both times here it was CH.

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 10:16 on May 19, 2024

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Symbolic Butt posted:

I don't think we'll get Sean. Because we actually already got him...

Luke was supposed to be Sean :tinfoil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMdcW6YRSjM

Oh I forgot there's also the early concept art :tinfoil:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Why didn't we get grizzled not-Popeye Luke, Capcom?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Please help me understand Guile's options vs. Cammy. I know people say this match favors Guile, and I'm ranked Diamond 4, but my winrate v Cammy is only 40% and she's the third most common enemy I face according to the ingame stats.

Here's two replays and some of my own commentary on what I am trying (and isn't working):

5HD6RKRW8
Round 1
- 84 seconds: I have no idea what to do about Cammy's 5HK other than block it and then do nothing. They poke with it absolutely all the time but I my normals will be blocked if I try to punish, even OD Flash Kick (6 frame startup) will also be blocked -- or if not, I'm too slow to get it out because it's been blocked when I have tried. Is the right answer to DI? I don't think I have the reaction speed to do that and it eats meter, and in round 2 I DI it and DI is too slow to hit her.

Round 2
- 70 seconds: She does 5HK, I DI it, DI is too slow to punish.

8JUK7ENT6
Round 1
- No notes (him using the super in a 2 frame window in the middle of my target combo was a sweet move. Nice job, Cammy.)

Round 2
- Starting around 95 seconds you see the kind of useless trading back and forth on blockstun I do a lot with Cammy. I want to know what to do here.
- 84 seconds: I get lucky and correctly anticipate a 2MK, interrupt it with Flash Kick. This is risky as hell, when I am wrong I get punished easily. Help me find something less risky to do.

So I don't have specific comments on any match and I'm far from a Guile expert, I don't play him, but the things that stand out the most about your gameplay is you have an odd habit of starting matches by drive rushing in but never doing it any other time. You seem to freeze up and play like your feet are glued to the floor very close to Cammy when she's in a very good jump/divekick/5HK range when you should probably play that spacing more. That kind of connects to your 5HK problems: back up so she can whiff the 5HK and you can whiff punish/sweep, or give yourself some room to sonic boom. If she ends up jumping you still can fall back on a normal anti-air instead of flash kick. The quick version is though that Cammy's 5HK is safe unless you're point blank and close enough to jab, and if she wants to down back after there's not really anything you can do about it. The point is that trading minus pokes isn't your only option in that situation. Also if you know she's gonna hit 5HK, don't be afraid to parry it. You might PP it! Worst case, you just normal parry it and save you the drive loss from blocking it.

Other general comments, you have a bad habit of mashing a little too much on some of your normals and pushing them out so they whiff. One too many jabs, one too many 2MKs, that kind of thing. You also have a moment at round 3 of the second game where Cammy is repeatedly CH 5HPing you and you resort to an EX flash kick to get out when you could have just stopped pushing buttons, blocked one, and then jabbed after to push her off. It'd be much safer than blowing bar and risking getting destroyed, but it's not a terrible bait considering she was just churning out those 5HPs.

Edit: Also labbing out that situation a little, if you make her block 5MK instead of 2MK at long range you can push her out so her 5HK will whiff. You can see me trying it here. Notice the spacing isn't right the first few times but because I'm poking, trying to back up, hesitating, and then hitting 2HK here so if I'm too close I will end up blocking instead of throwing out the sweep so I don't get CH. Also 2HK isn't necessarily what you should go for here but I don't know how to play Guile so it was the only punish I could think of.

https://streamable.com/3vpvt1

Glagha fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 19, 2024

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I wish they'd release the full patch notes since there's only a few days left. I don't know why they're being so secretive about it. I wanna know if Luke's cr. MP will be an unpunishable God button for another year.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I wanna know if Luke's cr. MP will be an unpunishable God button for another year.

*Incredibly faint Aleks Le voice* Beast mode, baby

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I would like the ability to cook a Blanka-Chan like a grenade Capcom thanks please

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Preposterous! Evil! We are already dead.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7LDoAJhMAJ/?igsh=MWQ1ZGUxMzBkMA==

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

https://x.com/HiFightTH/status/1792426518813217091

give meeee patch notesssssssss

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm worried they'll gently caress something up.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Good nerf on whiffed parry imo

Also agree on where the funk are the patch notes

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Since they've marketed this as the 2024 patch, I'm hoping we get the next big balance patch in January 2025 rather than May. I definitely don't want balance patches every month, but one every 6 months seems reasonable. It was dumb that my character's reversal super needed what was essentially a bug fix for like 10 months.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Feels like they will never do big patches mid-season as long as the Capcom Cup / Pro Tour exists

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

How often a patch is warranted depends IMO on how dire the balance issues are. SF6 of course isnt perfect but has been in a pretty good state. But if the balance was way out of whack, or some character was dominating too hard, an immediate patch would be justified.

I do love games like UMvC3 which are forever static since release with all the crazy broken poo poo in them, but the community keeps evolving the meta and top tiers are still changing around and strategies are still evolving. (UMvC3 has lately evolved from teams like Zero/Dante/Vergil focusing fully on ToD setups into close to unblockable incoming mixups with LVL3 XFactor anchors, to more well-rounded teams like Nova/Spencer/Doom that can zone and poke and convert a hit from anywhere into a kill in most scenarios with either of the two main characters, and an anchor who isn't entirely meterdump-feast-or-famine and has a better assist). However, UMvC3 could also just as easily have been an unsalvageable trainwreck with no hope of fixing, and it also has a much larger possibility space due to the team building and assists whereas SF6 is a much more static games that is much more easily 'solved'.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 20, 2024

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Balancing in a similar rhythm to how older games used to drop new +R Ex Super editions is fine with me. It gives a meta a decent amount of time to breathe and shakes things up before anything can start to feel stagnant. I’d love it if every game could have the kind of evolving meta from a static game that UMVC3 pulled off, but agree that the sheer amount of options allowed the players make it much different from a SF game.

I just looked at the pricing on the year one passes tho and holy crap do those things ever go on sale? Hadn’t even been thinking about dropping money on DLC until everything was out.

quadrata
Feb 27, 2023
My opponents must be preparing for Akuma because half of them are suddenly Ryu.

Seems like my anti-airs are what's keeping me at plat 1 right now, and today was especially bad. Brain, I think he's going to jump. When he does, press either 2hp or 623mp. Okay he's doing it! He's jumping in!! presses 5mp, loses match

ReverseStratum
Jan 20, 2019

Sideshow.
https://x.com/StreetFighter/status/1792661811084362202

Capcom's marketing department is doing some interesting things.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

nephew also had chat play on stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19lY8PP-Sa4

it'd be interesting if they added a mode where multiple players could control one character to allow for team battles. teams with coaches/conductors could be entertaining to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2024/05/20/director-takayuki-nakayama-talks-akumas-arrival

GI interviewed Nakayama about Akuma. Very interesting bit in the last question here:

quote:

With Akuma serving as the final character from the Year 1 pass, how has the process gone for selecting the characters for Year 2? I know you likely can't go into specifics, but did the team identify any holes in the current roster that needed to be addressed or filled with the next batch of playable characters?

Of course, I can't make any specific comments yet, but I think you will find there to be some unexpected characters. Sorry, but the method of selection is also a secret (no fortune-telling or divination involved). We hope you’re looking forward to it.

If this isn't a tease, it's a very weirdly specific choice of words lmao