Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Maxwell Lord posted:

Nasty woman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That is one hell of a dress on Alex

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Dammit Mon El don't jinx it.

Edit: Guess not. Everybody gets some!

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
It was kind of refreshing to see all the relationship drama work out well in the end. Nice to see Winn get some play.

Poor James...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wait, Mon-El can fly now?

FELD1 posted:

It was kind of refreshing to see all the relationship drama work out well in the end. Nice to see Winn get some play.

Poor James...

Jimmy has Snapper

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

This picture keeps coming back up in this thread again, and again. I guess that's to be expected since this is the Supergirl thread,

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Also because it's awesome.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Wait, Mon-El can fly now?

No, he can just jump really high and far.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I just want to watch Chris Wood and Melissa Benoist to hilariously argue with each other as over the top as they each can muster for all eternity :allears:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

Also because it's awesome.

And highly appropriate given the arc Kara was involved in this week.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just came in to say the same thing, they are really fun together when they just let rip

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

FELD1 posted:

Poor James...

Jimmy needs to work through some personal stuff by beating up criminals while wearing armor before he can get into a healthy relationship.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I was hoping things would work out with Mxyzptlk.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So Winn's dating Darla from Buffy now, that was a crossover I didn't expect.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Knormal posted:

So Winn's dating Darla from Buffy now, that was a crossover I didn't expect.

Hah, I thought the same thing. Thinking about it, I got some Buffy vibes from the last few episodes.

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Feb 21, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
fun fact, that girl was going to be The Mother of Dragons.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
My OTP is still Supergirl and ice cream. But Benoist's adorableness make Mon-El's rugged good looks bearable.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It was a nice that they let Sterling Gates co-write the episode.

Now let him write a second "season" of The Adventures of Supergirl DC :argh:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Popelmon posted:

Hah, I thought the same thing. Thinking about it, I got some Buffy vibes from the last few episodes.

Yeah, I was like, interesting choice to make the Alien a vampire and have her kick rear end like Buffy.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Mon-El is so dense, in that he didn't realise Kara had a plan and wasn't going to marry Mixy, that he should be giving himself an allergic reaction.

Is Kara's secret identity known to the DEO agents? She literally stood in the middle of the room and shouted "I AM SUPERGIRL".

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Licarn posted:

Is Kara's secret identity known to the DEO agents? She literally stood in the middle of the room and shouted "I AM SUPERGIRL".

The DEO has known Kara was an alien since she arrived on earth, so yes.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I knew Kara made the passcode Mzzy's name backwards, I just knew it before she ever put it in for him.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

howe_sam posted:

The DEO has known Kara was an alien since she arrived on earth, so yes.

Good point. DEO must keep their staff on a tight leash that it doesn't get out.

Although that makes it a bit weird that random DEO agents with no lines know Kara is Supergirl but Alex didn't tell Maggie, she had to work it out herself.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Licarn posted:

Good point. DEO must keep their staff on a tight leash that it doesn't get out.

Although that makes it a bit weird that random DEO agents with no lines know Kara is Supergirl but Alex didn't tell Maggie, she had to work it out herself.

The DEO is still technically a covert organization that the general public doesn't even know exists -- when Alex first meets Maggie she tries to pass herself off as FBI (or maybe Secret Service). I think they can be trusted with Kara's secret identity.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'll be that guy and say that I yawned through most of this episode.

Mxy's actor was just annoying instead of comical. Both Kara and Mon-El were funnier than him. And I actually thought Kara and Mon-El's plot was annoying as well. Maybe it's 'cuz I've never liked the "They argue a lot so they must really like each other!" trope. The two of them had more chemistry imo earlier in the season when they were just being dorky and endearing with each other.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

One of the very first superhero stories I ever owned was an old Power Records Superman Audio story that involved Mr. Mxyptlk stealing everyone's vowels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StFLtvWWgdg so it was cool to see Mxyptlk dusted off for Supergirl. (I also had one with Batman involving Gorilla City https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGWWsnEhWuQ)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I felt this came off a bit wishy washy but it did have some good Alex and Maggie scenes so that was good.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Nice to see a bit of a deep cut for the antagonist.

Catco is officially irrelevant.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

I'll be that guy and say that I yawned through most of this episode.

Yeah, I fast-forwarded through all the romance scenes, which unfortunately made up the majority of the episode.

Hopefully we can get back to good ol' rear end-kicking next week. This one was quite unbearable.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
People who fast forward through scenes are garbage people. You don't know how to watch television and you should stop.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Has there been a superhero series since, like, the original Batman, that has had no romance stuff whatsoever?

I don't understand the aversion.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

howe_sam posted:

The DEO is still technically a covert organization that the general public doesn't even know exists -- when Alex first meets Maggie she tries to pass herself off as FBI (or maybe Secret Service). I think they can be trusted with Kara's secret identity.
It's Secret Service in 2x03, then I think Alex is still maintaining a cover as FBI in later episodes.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
If you fast forwarded through the relationship drama, you might as well have not watched it. It was the Valentine's Day episode; what did you expect?

Also, Kara and Mon-El arguing was fantastic. I really expected this to drag out for the rest of the season since this is on the CW, but thankfully, it happened sort of realistically.

Also, if anyone was going to be cool with having an alien for a significant other, it'd be Winn. Nice to see him moving on and nice to get a little insight into how all these different aliens must feel wandering around on a planet that either doesn't know they exist or wishes they didn't exist.

So, was Q based on Mxysptlk and then this Myxyspotluck was based on Jon Delancie's Q? It was the finger snapping.

The episode was full of smiles and "awww" moments. It was a perfect Valentine's Day episode.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
So now that Kara and Mon-El have hooked up he's scheduled for an acute case of lead poisoning, right?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DoctorWhat posted:

People who fast forward through scenes are garbage people. You don't know how to watch television and you should stop.

I fast forwarded through every scene involving Betty in Mad Men post about season 4and anything involving the wife and kid in Breaking Bad after about season 2. Come at me bro.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Azhais posted:

I fast forwarded through every scene involving Betty in Mad Men post about season 4and anything involving the wife and kid in Breaking Bad after about season 2. Come at me bro.

You're an idiot philistine who, I guaran-loving-tee, missed every point Breaking Bad attempted to make. Skyler was the best character on that loving show, you imbecile, you loving moron.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I'm a little confused how we went from super underground alien bar to Winn being able to go to a normal restaurant with an alien.

I mean, Earth people obviously know aliens exist, but I thought the idea of lots of alien refugees was still being kept under wraps by the DEO.

I just feel like I missed a story beat somewhere when aliens just wondering around in public was a thing. I know he was getting a lot of stares in the restaurant, but no one was freaking out "OMG ALIEN CALL SUPERGIRL!"

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Weren't they only kinda forced to stay in in the bar until President Wonder Woman gave them amnesty?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

bull3964 posted:

I'm a little confused how we went from super underground alien bar to Winn being able to go to a normal restaurant with an alien.

I mean, Earth people obviously know aliens exist, but I thought the idea of lots of alien refugees was still being kept under wraps by the DEO.

I just feel like I missed a story beat somewhere when aliens just wondering around in public was a thing. I know he was getting a lot of stares in the restaurant, but no one was freaking out "OMG ALIEN CALL SUPERGIRL!"

Also, CADMUS broadcasting propaganda about aliens among us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

If you fast forwarded through the relationship drama, you might as well have not watched it. It was the Valentine's Day episode; what did you expect?

I had actually completely forgotten that it was Valentine's Day. I usually do a pretty good job of tuning that stuff out.

Supergirl though had to shove it down my throat, which I did not appreciate. I would have been OK with it if it was a passing mention or a side plot, but literally the entire episode was about people romancing each other in all sorts of cringe-worthy, cliché ways and I found it quite unbearable.