Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Wait was that racist

Context is important so probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

...and the pitch! posted:

Context is important so probably not.

The context is that I call everyone boy except for black people and I assumed that guy was white but if I knew he wasn't, I wouldn't have called him boy, and therefore would have been treating him differently than everyone else specifically because of his skin color.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

No. Why are you coming after me instead of people who excuse racism?

Because it happened, what, two days ago, and literally no one except some dudes on the internet care anymore. If it was in a different context it may have meant more to the societal structure of these United States but it happened during a freak show circus act and most people can see it for what it is, not some underlying narrative about the racial tensions of native Irishmen and blacks.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Grem posted:

Because it happened, what, two days ago, and literally no one except some dudes on the internet care anymore. If it was in a different context it may have meant more to the societal structure of these United States but it happened during a freak show circus act and most people can see it for what it is, not some underlying narrative about the racial tensions of native Irishmen and blacks.

So it's OK to be racist if you make a circus out of it? Nope.

edit: I wish I was smart enough to understand when it is OK to say racist things. Apparently it's all the time because of a bevy of excuses.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

:gas:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

If people quit trying to justify racist garbage I won't have anything to say. I'm not the bad guy.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

So it's OK to be racist if you make a circus out of it? Nope.

edit: I wish I was smart enough to understand when it is OK to say racist things. Apparently it's all the time because of a bevy of excuses.

Here's when it's ok to say racist things: Never. But you're not going to bring the systematic racism structure of America down by making a big deal about a circus act that is going to be washed over by a thousand more sensationalist terms, like, you know, the black guy calling the white guy a human being. This is not worth your time.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Grem posted:

Here's when it's ok to say racist things: Never. But you're not going to bring the systematic racism structure of America down by making a big deal about a circus act that is going to be washed over by a thousand more sensationalist terms, like, you know, the black guy calling the white guy a human being. This is not worth your time.

I don't support that either and I don't have any illusion that I am fixing the world.

Let it drop and I let it drop. But you want to seem to talk about it.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
I was answering your question. What is this "Heh well YOU answered my question so obviously YOU'RE the one with the problem" poo poo?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

You people are insufferable.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Can not wait for the massive disappointment when Floyd does his thing of letting McGregor punch himself out, win and everyone say how bored they were

Or i guess equally McGregor doing something that gets him dqed

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Grem posted:

I was answering your question. What is this "Heh well YOU answered my question so obviously YOU'RE the one with the problem" poo poo?

I was only responding to other people too.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Volkerball posted:

The context is that I call everyone boy except for black people and I assumed that guy was white but if I knew he wasn't, I wouldn't have called him boy, and therefore would have been treating him differently than everyone else specifically because of his skin color.

And avoiding a potential fight with someone who has to think about their skin color every day. It is forced on them. Sometimes they get called boy in a tone you wouldn't accept.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Work Friend Keven posted:

I feel like Floyd is being a little bit racist by being an illiterate woman beater who spends all his money on flashy pointless objects while being actually poor. That's not who black people in America are and he's portraying them in a negitive way that's consistent with stereotypes.
lol

JaySB posted:

this soulless corporate fiasco really is living up to all its anticipated failings and basic bitch reactions from people you would never ever read the posts of, isn't it

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Jose posted:

probably related to all the mma posters since the normal boxing threads are really good

lemme just say that afaik none of the horrible posting is being done by the MMA thread regulars.

It's almost like freak shows tend to attract a special breed of idiot that's invested in neither sport, yet has strong opinions about both.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

JaySB posted:

I'll stop but I don't think it is unreasonable to expect people not to defend racism.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

attackmole posted:

lemme just say that afaik none of the horrible posting is being done by the MMA thread regulars.

It's almost like freak shows tend to attract a special breed of idiot that's invested in neither sport, yet has strong opinions about both.

Aside from Keven but that's his schtick

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Somebody give pitch a Gold Star For Social Awareness and lets get back to talking about this stupid pointless fight.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Who is everyone's favourite toronto maple leaf

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
McGregor is going to KO Mayweather in this fight and the MMA rematch

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Round 3 Conor wins via KO.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

david carmichael posted:

Tie Domi.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

KyloWinter posted:

McGregor is going to KO Mayweather in this fight and the MMA rematch

No way. Money needs to win the mma rematch by submission to set up the Sealand Rubber Match.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

david carmichael posted:

i forgot which tree its on and itll take too long for me to find it again

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

david carmichael posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMTjuspJlkg

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

TBH an endless thread arguing about casual racism is probably better than the actual fight thread and actual fight will be. Maybe we can get some judges in here to score the argument or something.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I won the argument by KO & take the pitch is doing the thing where he's trying to take down the ref.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Grem posted:

Tie Domi.

I don't know anything about Hockey because I live in Florida but I looked him up and I feel half as tough as I did before.

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

I'll stop but I don't think it is unreasonable to expect people not to defend racism.

I'm reading everything you post in Tyron Woodley's voice.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Roving gangs of Dublin teens in primark suits doing the funny Vince McMahon walk and committing lynchings

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

homercles posted:

I'm reading everything you post in Tyron Woodley's voice.

You should call him boy to his face. Words are no big deal.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Roving gangs of Dublin teens in primark suits doing the funny Vince McMahon walk and committing lynchings

Lmao

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[Conor McGregor is throwing tennis balls on fire at the Monster Energy sponsored wooden cross on stage]
DANA: [dispassionately] conor no

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

You should call him boy to his face. Words are no big deal.

Just. Stop. Posting.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

JaySB posted:

Just. Stop. Posting.

No. Thank. You.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

boy is racist
boy is racist
boy is racist
boy is racist

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Whats worse being a racist or punching women?

Asking for a black friend who hits women.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hako posted:

Whats worse being a racist or punching women?

It depends on what being driven by racism causes you to do.

They're both bad.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It depends on what being driven by racism causes you to do.

They're both bad.

Mlyp haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

if he has black friends the racism is ok

• Locked thread