Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

davecrazy posted:

We still beat the Pats twice in the Super Bowl.

I imagine this is what McAdoo also said, right after this video cuts off:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I can’t wait till he’s fired. Then Mara will hire John Fox. Which I can wait for.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I want to post an excerpt from Bill Simmons' last column, which I'm assuming is going to be the last installment in his fake hypothetical betting series:

quote:

As for my Week 9 picks, it’s definitely a Michael Conrad memorial “Let’s Be Careful Out There” week. The Saints (-6.5 at home) are dying for you to throw them in a tease against Tampa Bay’s putrid defense, but they’re long overdue for one of those WTF???? Games. The Jaguars (-5.5 at home) might sack Andy Dalton 12 times on Sunday, but if there’s ever a weekend for Blake Bortles to screw us over, it’s the weekend when I wrote the dumbest Blake Bortles column ever. (STAY AWAY.) That Chiefs-Cowboys line (-2) looks like a trap considering Kansas City is twice as good as Dallas. Two more traps: the Rams (-3.5) in New York and the Panthers (+1.5) at home against Atlanta.

Meanwhile, we have The Heist (Brock Osweiler) playing on the road in Philly and begging us to tease the Eagles with anyone and everyone, even though it’s a backs-against-the-wall game for the Broncos. And the producers of Geostorm and The Day the 2017 Browns Were Favored in Indy are releasing their new disaster movie on Sunday, The Day Drew Stanton Was Favored in San Francisco.

I like only one game: The Seahawks (-7 at home) beating the injury-ravaged Washington Deadskins. I thought about teasing them with three different underdogs before ultimately deciding to ride everything on the Seahawks money line. All they have to do is win. Time to get my 2017 figure in the black. The pick …

$1360 to win $400 on SEATTLE (-340) over Washington.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w6L93kD3xw

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

TSBX posted:

Nah we're mostly chill and just happy our team is finally doing something right.

I'm just really excited to not be in lost season mode already

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jags look really good and I sincerely think they'll be 9-3 by next month. Of course they might drop a game between now and then but their schedule looks really friendly.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm sorry for the Jags loss next week

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/927402735883956225

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It took Patriots fans at least two Superbowl wins to enter the realm of insufferable, congrats Jags fans

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Intruder posted:

It took Patriots fans at least two Superbowl wins to enter the realm of insufferable, congrats Jags fans

Jags fans have the Florida factor boosting our insufferability

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wow me making two posts about how the refs completely blew a call and are loving useless makes us insufferable? You have lowered your standards, TFF. I mean I even dropped it when a bunch of people replied and said "whatever dude I dont see it and I dont care".

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Nov 6, 2017

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Wow me making two posts about how the refs completely blew a call and are loving useless makes us insufferable? You have lowered your standards, TFF. I mean I even dropped it when a bunch of people replied and said "whatever dude I dont see it and I dont care".

Nice meltdown

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Meanwhile Mike Evans was not ejected

Scott Hanson yelling “and Mike Evans comes in off the top rope!” was a highlight of yesterday’s coverage.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/927526036518133762

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Power of Pecota posted:

I want to post an excerpt from Bill Simmons' last column, which I'm assuming is going to be the last installment in his fake hypothetical betting series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w6L93kD3xw

How do you talk yourself into the old gambling trope of "This team is due for a win right about now" for every game this weekend

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Double postin cause lmao

https://twitter.com/MNewhouse74/status/927410724648947712

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

At the end of the Morris regime, Raheem only survived because they didn’t have enough coaches on staff to run practice if he was fired.

Instead of watching film the players would come in and lay COD.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
https://twitter.com/adamlevitan/status/927333015193300992

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Sure, Aikman won a few Super Bowls while staying away from women.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Taking a page out of Wentz book.

The Bible, that is

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

See kids, you can do all the fuckin like Johnny Football and burn out, or you can keep your zipper up and be a real winner like Dak or Russell Wilson. DARE to resist sex.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thaddius the Large posted:

See kids, you can do all the fuckin like Johnny Football and burn out, or you can keep your zipper up and be a real winner like Dak or Russell Wilson. DARE to resist sex.

Just look at Aaron Rodgers.

Allow me to quote from Dave Sims seminal essay: "Female Void devours the Male Light."

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I mean it's not like Dak was bad when he was fuckin on the regs... seems like playing the 49ers has a bigger impact on your stats than abstinence

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

This must only apply to quarterbacks though, because Rob Gronkowski.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
True, throwing against the 49ers means someone’s getting hosed.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

Double postin cause lmao

PMT already got an interview with him about it:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbKFMB3FOwo/

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Holy poo poo the volcels were right

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

CyberPingu posted:

Taking a page out of Wentz book.

The Bible, that is

I 100% expect a study bible tweet from Dak one day

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

#jacked

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

xeria posted:

Jags fans have the Florida factor boosting our insufferability

Jason has ensured that I can never hate a Jags fan. With Jaxon gone, I imagine he’s your new mascot :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l59ItK6d-wQ

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

It's me, I'm the one who melts down about a double digit win

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/dak/status/927588866307117058

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

What is Dak trying to cure by shilling his bowtie brand?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hahahahaha what in the world is Jameis doing

https://twitter.com/notsctop10piays/status/927242431145398272

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a neat cape posted:

That's not remotely a meltdown

What does he say here? No captions

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

a neat cape posted:

Deer guns

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

SKULL.GIF posted:

"That's a W. Let's eat one. That's a W. Let's eat one. How many people want to eat a W tonight?"

So awkward lol. DJax's face in the background is pricess.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Between this and Macadoo, this has been a good week for speeches.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

weird Asian candy posted:

"That's a W. Let's eat one. That's a W. Let's eat one. How many people want to eat a W tonight?"

So awkward lol. DJax's face in the background is pricess.

The best is the unenthusiastic "yeahsssss" in the background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Paraphrased slightly...

“Hey everyone, everyone. I want to say one thing."

[SLOP OF FINGERS DIGGING INTO SIDE OF MOUTH]

"That's a W!"