Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
Lincoln Riley, everyone.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lincoln Riley coach a good defense challenge (impossible)

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Lincoln Riley fled Oklahoma to avoid being in the SEC.

He just got whupped by a team that left the SEC after the 1965 season because it didn't think it could compete at that level anymore.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Lincoln Riley fled Oklahoma to avoid being in the SEC.

drat, Oklahoma must be thriving without that loser around!

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

YOLOsubmarine posted:

drat, Oklahoma must be thriving without that loser around!

I mean, we are already seeing at USC exactly why OU was so bad when you took their Heisman caliber QB away.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

NCAA should eliminate targeting or something as its pretty clear the rule doesn't work

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Pobrecito posted:

I mean, we are already seeing at USC exactly why OU was so bad when you took their Heisman caliber QB away.

Well good news for USC fans is that Lincoln Riley doesn’t have any issues with having Heisman winning QBs playing for him

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Pobrecito posted:

USC went 4-8 with last year with a literal Heisman winning QB. It’s hilarious that USC lost to Tulane but Riley is a really good coach.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Riley is an absolute coward of a man and no one who year after year magically blows important games the same way should be considered a good coach

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

USC went 4-8 with last year with a literal Heisman winning QB. It’s hilarious that USC lost to Tulane but Riley is a really good coach.

When did Kedon Slovis win a heisman

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Metapod posted:

Riley is an absolute coward of a man and no one who year after year magically blows important games the same way should be considered a good coach

If you win 85% of the games you coach you’re a good coach.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
USC should be congratulated on beating even the most optimistic timeline for Big 10 integration.

That may be the greatest college football game I've ever seen?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Caleb was at OU last year???

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

did you forget that Caleb Williams followed Riley from Oklahoma to USC and wasnt playing for them last year

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Alaois posted:

When did Kedon Slovis win a heisman

Whoops, I thought Williams was at USC last year. Either way, finding Heisman QBs doesn’t seem like one of the things Riley has issues with.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Trying to figure out how many ADs/fan bases wouldn’t immediately trade their coach for Riley and I’m at 6.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Around 6 smart fanbases in this sport sounds right

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Lincoln Reilly is who Ohio State fans think Ryan Day is. I'll hang up and listen.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I was planning on going to the Cotton Bowl, but the people I was going to travel with bailed.

I'm really upset that I didn't get to go.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Chieves posted:

Lincoln Reilly is who Ohio State fans think Ryan Day is. I'll hang up and listen.

I hate that this is more or less correct, although if I’m being fair Riley objectively understands running the ball better than Day has the last two years with the zone obsession when you have a bunch of bodies that should be running power.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

News: Eat poo poo

Views: USC

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Paracaidas posted:

USC should be congratulated on beating even the most optimistic timeline for Big 10 integration.

That may be the greatest college football game I've ever seen?

I think Boise State-Okalahoma was better but this is a clear 2.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

"Really good" =/= "Great", which is why Riley gets wrecked when he faces real competition, like Tulane.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I went to the Cotton Bowl and the American Conference Championship game this year. Tulane did not disappoint in either. This will probably be the best Tulane season I'll ever see.

ROLL WAVE!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
hot take, I think Riley is a better coach than Ryan Day

anyway, Riley's a very good coach with a fatal flaw, but he's young and its absolutely possible to just hire a good DC. Sean Payton did it in the NFL and voila.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
I get the complaints people have with Day and Riley, but who will you replace them with? Like not even realistically able to get, just at all. There are maybe 5 coaches at most that I'd rather have than those two, so they're top 1p coaches by that measure.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Wille Fritz would have beat Riley last year if it wasn't for a hurricane.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

I went to the Cotton Bowl and the American Conference Championship game this year. Tulane did not disappoint in either. This will probably be the best Tulane season I'll ever see.

ROLL WAVE!

Very jealous

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacebump posted:

ROLL WAVE!

I'm happy for you, I was like "Spacebump is really happy somewhere" while watching the end of that.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA's beaten both Day and Riley in national semis and I've got more respect for Day (not that either would care). tOSU was the victim of a bunch of freakish stuff (targeting overturned just barely, Brock Bowers levitating, Kirby getting in a timeout with half a second to spare) and OU was the victim of "Sony Michel goes for 6,000 yards"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If you win 85% of the games you coach you’re a good coach.

With a hilarious asterisk like Schottenheimer, Levy, or until he switched jobs, Andy Reid

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Can't believe Utah got a TD because King has to take a poo poo

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Spacebump posted:

ROLL WAVE!

And you got to keep your coach after the big season! (Georgia Tech is so, so broke.)

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/roywilliams31/status/1610049317615591425

4th quarter meltdowns against teams with a pulse is the Riley special. I don't understand what he sees in Grinch. The only difference between this game and OU vs Tulane is a hurricane.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Riley is a good coach but not a great coach and could probably win a natty if he found a decent DC but he's also a coward and I will always laugh whenever he underachieves because I'm petty and bitter about the manner in which he left. How bout them Wavgs. Wave bitch

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Goddamn Oklahoma fans are still down bad

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Adun posted:

Goddamn Oklahoma fans are still down bad

OU did have its worst season in 24 years after a good coach and a Heisman QB left. Mea culpa

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

It’s a little bit of a bad-faith stat since he’s probably pretty far up there in raw number of 14 point leads built.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Judgy Fucker posted:

OU did have its worst season in 24 years after a good coach and a Heisman QB left. Mea culpa

At least you own it