Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Kingston vs Lethal 0 0%
Claudio vs Buddy 0 0%
MJF and Joe vs Gunns 0 0%
STING MATCH 0 0%
Orange vs Mox 2 1.77%
Storm vs Shida 0 0%
LADDER MATCH 2 1.77%
TBS Match 3 2.65%
TEXAS DEATH 102 90.27%
JETS VS BUCKS 0 0%
World Title Match 4 3.54%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STONE COLD 64 posted:

thats 11 first time ever matches

Ten*. I assume you just looked at white cells but one (technically two) of them is a 1-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

dromal phrenia posted:

thank god i get to stomp around and yell ROOSH every week from now on. well i did that anyway but now he'll be on my TV while I do it.

i will be mad about any loss Mark Briscoe takes, i will boo my rear end entirely off!!

:yeah:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Poor Wheeler. The only BCC member not in the tournament.

And it's gonna be some combo of Mox/Danielson/Kingston in the finals let's be real.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Will IcePhoenix or someone be making a prediction game/thread?

Since there's not a ton of time between now and Dynamite, I could put something together if no one's actively preparing one already.

Also It's interesting that the phrasing suggests the Group Finals will be a rematch of the top 2 from a group. I might have expected it to be more of a semi-finals with Gold-1 vs Blue-2 and Gold-2 vs Blue-1.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

glad I got to skip through that video to see they didnt ever reveal the dang belt and I didn't watch it live and get disappointed

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Poor Wheeler. The only BCC member not in the tournament.

And it's gonna be some combo of Mox/Danielson/Kingston in the finals let's be real.

My first guess is either Mox/Eddie or Switchblade/Bryan for the finals

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

can't believe tony didn't put a single jobber in the C2. looks badass as hell. excited to watch the matches

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
They’re stretching kayfabe with this “no interference is allowed” stuff. It’s not allowed anyway!

Although what I’m hearing from that is ‘the G1, but without House of Torture bullshit’, so I’m all in.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Orange Carlisle posted:

glad I got to skip through that video to see they didnt ever reveal the dang belt and I didn't watch it live and get disappointed

i figured they'll reveal it at the pape or at least on actual TV

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

are the new japan geeks still saying that tony is merging a NJPW belt without their permission because its pretty funny that he had it front and center the whole video if he never asked them

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

that's what i thought about the devil...

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Unbelievable that the inaugural C2 won't culminate in Claudio Castagnoli vs Christian Cage tbqh

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

can't believe tony didn't put a single jobber in the C2. looks badass as hell. excited to watch the matches

Jay Lethal, but someone has to lose

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Mark is bringing the RoH title back to Sandy Fork and the whole Briscoe Brood, just like Jay did :colbert:

He's bringing two other belts with it!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Jay Lethal, Daniel Garcia, Brody King.

Pretty salty Penta isn't in this as well, but I know if he was in it he'd be booked to lose. :smith: Also where the hell is PAC???

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
C2 looks cool

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jiro posted:

Pretty salty Penta isn't in this as well, but I know if he was in it he'd be booked to lose. :smith: Also where the hell is PAC???

Injured

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Jiro posted:

There’s gonna be a ton of great wrestling and matches, don’t really see the point in being upset that it’s not exactly what you specifically imagined. It’s fine.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sandman McMahon posted:

don’t really see the point in being upset that it’s not exactly what you specifically imagined.

some people just live to be sad. not me. i'm cooking

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

kalensc posted:

Unbelievable that the inaugural C2 won't culminate in Claudio Castagnoli vs Christian Cage tbqh

Well, that's clearly C4 and should only take place in Ottawa.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kalensc posted:

Will IcePhoenix or someone be making a prediction game/thread?

I'm not. If Tony had released the groups earlier maybe but there's not enough time to make a proper form and it would be a nightmare for me to score it manually.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'd be pretty bummed if guys like Swerve and Jay White weren't in the tournament, but Penta kind of occupies this space for me where they can have him go out and do anything and it's going to a) rule and b) make whatever he's involved with a lot cooler than it would be if he wasn't involved. I feel like he's super versatile in that way and might be more important to have a guy like that not in the tournament.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Pretty drat good list of guys and even the pin eater (Lethal) will have his entourage with him and be entertaining.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Germansimp posted:

Well, that's clearly C4 and should only take place in Ottawa.

Would be an explosive match for sure

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Would be an explosive match for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsoUSLqxMSs&t=37s

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Jiro posted:

I actually like Lethal as a guy to do jobs here. He's come so far as a character since the Jarrett stable fully came together, and can go in the ring. If there's going to be one real jobber, he fits the bill as a guy with some credibility that will have an interesting match. Brody interests me as a guy that they clearly like but hasn't gotten a ton of sustained spotlight. And he's just a different kind of guy than most of the field. Garcia...meh. I like the guy but his booking has just been so flat. They tried to heat him up fast giving him a World Title shot out of nowhere but it just didn't hit for me. It all feels forced. Would've preferred so many guys in his place, even if I know he can go in the ring.

There's just nothing intriguing to me about the Blue Group at all. It feels like reheated BCC/Eddie drama is the clear throughline. Meh. I love Andrade but don't see a particularly interesting hook for him in that group. Brody is the only spark there for me.

The Gold Group just has a ton of interesting interplay. The only well-trodden path there is Briscoe/Lethal, which I'm fine with getting another shot on a bigger stage. Adds some stakes to who I think are the clear bottom two of that group.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I'm pretty satisfied with the presentation of the C2 so far could do with a bit more glitz and glam but, other than the lack of Takeshita and a set fixture of matches to keep the booking honest, it looks like it'll be a lot of fun

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

appears that way but I love a good belt reveal and aew has some of the best ones out there already so I got my hopes up too soon

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tato posted:

Pretty drat good list of guys and even the pin eater (Lethal) will have his entourage with him and be entertaining.

(thankfully)

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

some people just live to be sad. not me. i'm cooking

The hell is this? It's not poo poo posting or making GBS threads on a product to be disappointed to see a faction have 3/4 of it's members in it when you compare them to the rest of the field and the rest of the roster. I don't doubt that the matches will be bangers, but it's hard not to see who the favored people are. But I am curious enough to see how the matches are booked to actually give someone like Brody King a believable chance of getting to semi-finals/finals over people like Claudio, Eddie, Mox, Jay White, Danielson. Also, to me, the lack of Takeshita, Miro, Penta is pretty glaring.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 22, 2023

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'd be pretty bummed if guys like Swerve and Jay White weren't in the tournament, but Penta kind of occupies this space for me where they can have him go out and do anything and it's going to a) rule and b) make whatever he's involved with a lot cooler than it would be if he wasn't involved. I feel like he's super versatile in that way and might be more important to have a guy like that not in the tournament.

See, this is exactly why I wanted Penta in there. Guaranteeing 5 Penta singles matches with a couple of first timers would automatically up the excitement level a ton. Alas, we needed to get Claudio vs. Eddie part 14 instead.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Kennel posted:

(thankfully)

But can I still get Satnam and JJ looking at a monitor in the back and being concerned?!?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Missed the announcements but what a great looking line-up! Goddamn!

Do I understand right they've only laid out the matches for this week and we don't have the full brackets like we'd get for the G1?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kennel posted:

(thankfully)
no-one can come to ringside for any reason

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

jesus WEP posted:

no-one can come to ringside for any reason

Not even the ring announcer, time keeper, doctor, or (during Collision) commentary.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

this is a good cover for their dwindling attendances

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Jerusalem posted:

Missed the announcements but what a great looking line-up! Goddamn!

Do I understand right they've only laid out the matches for this week and we don't have the full brackets like we'd get for the G1?

That's correct. :negative:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm not. If Tony had released the groups earlier maybe but there's not enough time to make a proper form and it would be a nightmare for me to score it manually.

Aight, I made a thing.

If there's a decent number of submissions before Dynamite tonight, then I'll follow-up with a 2nd form for the rest of the tourney tomorrow.

Since we don't know the exact schedule for each pairing, I kept the Gold League predictions simple for now: rank #1 through #6 (note that this is just for the round-robin, not the league finals and championship finals). Also, pick the winner (or draw) for the 3 matches tonight.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScel6fcTzLyLEY74Y6_MIg19KTdDcK-q4GP1diMYo9SuzRwsw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

kalensc posted:

Aight, I made a thing.

Thanks kalensc, it's not quite the glorious despair of watching your predictions go off a cliff early and knowing things are only going to get worse (and therefore funnier) for you as the tournament progresses, but at least I can still put my terrible predictions out there for the world to see!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

See, this is exactly why I wanted Penta in there. Guaranteeing 5 Penta singles matches with a couple of first timers would automatically up the excitement level a ton. Alas, we needed to get Claudio vs. Eddie part 14 instead.

im happier with claudio vs eddie tbqh