Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
I sure love all the take x item to the end run ideas. They are all funny and unique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
The Righteous Shall Prevail - Hell run without stealing or otherwise angering shopkeepers.

For additional difficulty:

- No sacrificing x-sels
- No sacrificing anything
- No sacrificing AND destroying all altars you see

Falaflame
Dec 27, 2012

WitherSnow posted:

Fishbone Run. Start at the Jungle.

Bomb a pool of water to get a piranah bone.

Take it to the end.

Also i like how SA makes it so when you backspace it can just randomly change where the line is so you could end up erasing your entire post without realizing that you did so.

Good job Lowtax for being loving inept.

Well, thank goodness you didn't erase your unique idea!!!

TieTuesday
Sep 10, 2013

SODA TIME
I have a run I personally enjoy doing for streams, I call it the rear end in a top hat and Thief run.

*Must sacrifice every damsel (when altar is available)
*Must rob every single shop and kill every shopkeeper
*Must get every idol

Basically be a greedy jerk.

Honestly it isn't a terribly difficult run, but it is a lot of fun to watch! :v:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

WitherSnow posted:

Take it to the end.

Also i like how SA makes it so when you backspace it can just randomly change where the line is so you could end up erasing your entire post without realizing that you did so.

you should try hitting backspace more often

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Lowtax posted:

you should try hitting backspace more often

Do you know how to play Spelunky? Because apparently Psyche is having trouble finding a partner for a multiplayer vid.

Actually, now that I think about it, it would probably be funnier if you didn't know how to play. I propose a new challenge: the babysitter. Play a multiplayer game with someone who's never played before and try to get them to Olmec.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
The game is probably not terrible enough for him to care. He only comes out of hiding for the really bad stuff, like that guy's post.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Joshlemagne posted:

Do you know how to play Spelunky? Because apparently Psyche is having trouble finding a partner for a multiplayer vid.

Actually, now that I think about it, it would probably be funnier if you didn't know how to play. I propose a new challenge: the babysitter. Play a multiplayer game with someone who's never played before and try to get them to Olmec.

I've only played the game a few times, and I'm usually lucky if I can make it past 1-2. I legitimately don't think I could make it to Olmec, even with Psyche clearing the path for me the entire way. I would find some way to utterly gently caress it up, because such is my gift.

Though isn't the problem more that Spelunky only has local multiplayer?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Exactly. Psych talked about it at length in this most recent video--The game is local only, which sucks. Though I'm with Ryuujin here in that I suck terribly, being able to count on one hand the times I've made it to the jungle (Seriously, screw all the things coming at me from off screen). I think a "babysitter" run would be a great idea if only Psych could find someone else to play it with.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
It actually might be interesting to see him attempt a 2P run in which the movement controls aren't synched (item/attack/rope/etc. can be synched or not). Trying to control two characters at the same time is a major brainfuck in any game I've tried it in.

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

Like it or not, we will build you a new civilization.
New update! Already?

Well, truth be told, I really wanted to chill out after the last few challenges I've done, so I'm just reacquainting myself with the regular game today. Doing so after all the craziness is really making it fun all over again. So I hope you enjoy the update as much as I enjoyed making it!

Chapter 25 - A Perfectly Normal Update

Big thanks to Panzer Skank for making this update possible. Also, Aprils' Fools!

TiamosLoren
Apr 20, 2013

This update is the most beautiful thing to come out of today. :allears: Don't ever stop.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

This update is the best. I can't stop grinning.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

That was fantastic! Thank you. :D

Black Shadow
Mar 21, 2014

by XyloJW

WitherSnow posted:

Take it to the end.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sounds like an issue with your autism.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
If you had spoken fifty percent faster I would never have been able to tell the two of you apart.

MGN001
May 12, 2012

Psych, you sound different. Did you get a haircut?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

MGN001 posted:

It's more likely he was tripped into some leaking helium canisters, possibly by a discarded wig.

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

MGN001 posted:

I dyed my hair pink and it somehow made me speak like this!

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Psychedelic Eyeball posted:

I dyed my hair pink and it somehow made me speak like this!

Oh I think you might have had a little more work done than just some hair dye...

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
That was the best update so far, and both the gameplay and commentary were a :master:

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

I dunno you seemed kind of scattered, maybe work on finding a focus for your videos in the future??

oh my god i'm so sorry you all had to listen to my attempt at an accent oh goddddddd

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Panzer Skank posted:

I dunno you seemed kind of scattered, maybe work on finding a focus for your videos in the future??

oh my god i'm so sorry you all had to listen to my attempt at an accent oh goddddddd

That's okay, you stopped doing it after a minute anyways :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Panzer Skank posted:

I'd do something bad to you if I could stop laughing :3:

Trisask
Jul 29, 2013

quote:

So how many takes were scraped because you just couldn't stop laughing?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Psych, I never knew you were Indian/Welsh/Irish/German/French-Canadian. How very confusing for you.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
That was the most beautiful update, I have never seen so many mansels explode in such a short time. I am just grinning ear to ear. :allears:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
To be honest, I've been wanting someone to do that to Psyche for awhile now. He just has so many weird little verbal tics to skewer. The way you said "Spelunky" was comedy gold :allears:

SpookyTurtle
Jun 13, 2003

Top of the food chain, Ma!
Chapter 25 was so good that it almost made me forget I had a question from Chapter 24: If Player 2 rescues a *sel and subsequently dies before completing the level, who gets the kiss? Player 1, or Ghost 2?

Good job getting frenchised franchised, Psyche.

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

SpookyTurtle posted:

Chapter 25 was so good that it almost made me forget I had a question from Chapter 24: If Player 2 rescues a *sel and subsequently dies before completing the level, who gets the kiss? Player 1, or Ghost 2?

Good job getting frenchised franchised, Psyche.
I think no one gets the kiss. But then again, it's really rare to die between rescuing the damsel and exiting the level for the most part.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
That was very good and funny and also "into this video" is my favorite psych idiom

whythemy
Oct 31, 2011
I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but somebody decided to make a Metroid mod for Spelunky: http://bit.ly/PoudYz

I played it a bit and it's mostly just a re-skin, but they also changed the soundtrack to Metroid tunes, which is maybe the best reason to play it. Also, spinner spiders were changed to be little metroids on strings and it's adorable.

It would be awesome to see you play through this.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It was impressive to see you get to Hell with two players. That was quality.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

So is this still going?

Pester fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 22, 2014

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

All right, I can finally post in here again in the knowledge that this thread will finally meet its end.

If it took so long for the last update to come, that was mainly because it wasn't fun at all to do this last and upcoming challenge. As a sendoff for this thread, I will be playing a Frozlunky seed on the Insane difficulty generation seed.

This challenge really was annoying to record because it entirely went against everything that I like to see in Spelunky. Spelunky is a game where you must learn how to deal with the random elements that are thrown in your way. But in order to accomplish this challenge, I needed to use a fixed generation seed, so the entire challenge relied more on memory and trial and error, which is the opposite of what the game should be.

With that said, I still hope this last challenge will be interesting for you to see, as today I finally prevailed and managed to beat the challenge before my hard drive space ran out. Now what's left is to put the last video together for people to see. But at least now the thread will be coming to an end for sure.

Apologies if it took so long to get that done, I honestly didn't have the heart to do it until now. Stay tuned for last update!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Oh poo poo Psyche. Don't do Stuff you hate for the LP. We don't want you to hurt yourself after all. Hopefully the results will make it all worth it!

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!
We appreciate what you've done, but you should really do things you like to do, that's what's important in Let's Play.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

What the other guys said.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Personally I prefer it when Psych suffers for my enjoyment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Steelpudding posted:

We appreciate what you've done, but you should really do things you like to do, that's what's important in Let's Play.
Seconding this. Hearing you laugh because of things that happen is one of the highlights of your videos.

• Locked thread