Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chichevache posted:

Hmmm, yes, tell me more Colts fan.

gently caress the Pats who took a chance on a third day pick who ended up being historically good, instead of intentionally tanking from one all time great draft pick to the next.

You're right, the Belicheck Patriots are actually heroic and glorious and not actually cheating scheming monsters with an unchained junkyard dog for a QB. Our bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Tom Brady is cool but I probably only think that because the Giants made him cry twice

The Patriots can fall off a cliff though, they are so boring

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Pron on VHS posted:

Raiders fans are awesome. Much more appealing brand of hardcore fandom than the obese white gentle BBQing people of KC

:lol: Love that description of KC fans.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Febreeze posted:

Tom Brady is cool but I probably only think that because the Giants made him cry twice

The Patriots can fall off a cliff though, they are so boring

That's a weird criticism of the team.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

No it's not. You'd empty quote the notion if instead the Rams were the team in question.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
If only those "awesome" Raiders fans would actually buy tickets to games, instead of covering the entire upper deck with a giant tarp and claim a sellout when the team took that deal a couple of years ago where they only have to sell 85% of tickets to avoid a blackout

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

anime gently caress pillow posted:

No it's not. You'd empty quote the notion if instead the Rams were the team in question.

Excuse me, but how many teams do you know who video tape signals, run up the score just to be mean, have tight ends that are serial killers, have tight ends that are a one man party machine? And have a QB that's the sexiest man in the universe? Yeah that's what i thought!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Mister Fister posted:

Excuse me, but how many teams do you know who video tape signals, run up the score just to be mean, have tight ends that are serial killers, have tight ends that are a one man party machine? And have a QB that's the sexiest man in the universe? Yeah that's what i thought!

Running up the score?

Sexy QB?

Employs murderers?

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 14, 2014

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

I will never tire of this .gif.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mister Fister posted:

That doesn't make them interesting, that makes them assholes

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Sour Diesel posted:

Running up the score?

woah badass

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

Raiders fans are awesome. Much more appealing brand of hardcore fandom than the obese white gentle BBQing people of KC

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

They're so excited for Jonathan Baldwin.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Eric Fisher.

:bang:

edit: the guy in the white sleeves. He knows.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 14, 2014

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

kiimo posted:

Larry Johnson for being the worst human being ever.

The payoff being a fanbase and franchise making sure he didn't break Priest Holmes' franchise record. That was hilarious.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I don't remember specifics but you're good for a solid "gently caress [blank]" post on occasion. I think maybe Steve Young was one?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

That's the same exasperated expression anyone has looking at a Brian Schottenheimer playbook.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

If only those "awesome" Raiders fans would actually buy tickets to games, instead of covering the entire upper deck with a giant tarp and claim a sellout when the team took that deal a couple of years ago where they only have to sell 85% of tickets to avoid a blackout

Tell the cocksuckers running O.Co to stop cracking down on the reefer and maybe they would.

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013

Parlett316 posted:

And then Maclin hurt his hamstring.

You missed the part where Foles threw a pick to Patrick Chung. I'm expecting a steep drop off from last season now. I know it's training camp but you basically have to throw the ball into that guy's hands to have him pick you off.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Brannigans Law posted:

You missed the part where Foles threw a pick to Patrick Chung. I'm expecting a steep drop off from last season now. I know it's training camp but you basically have to throw the ball into that guy's hands to have him pick you off.

He knows Pat and was probably taking a chance that he'd be awful enough to not get the pick, so threw on the inside shoulder. If you were a QB and Patrick Chung was covering your receiver... would you give a poo poo?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Hell yeah, we got Teddy Bridgewater!!! :smith:

Brannigans Law
Oct 3, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

He knows Pat and was probably taking a chance that he'd be awful enough to not get the pick, so threw on the inside shoulder. If you were a QB and Patrick Chung was covering your receiver... would you give a poo poo?

I hope so. I'll be a lot less nervous if Foles plays well this weekend.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Ross calling out the Raiders for having black outs is pretty funny

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Parlett316 posted:

Ross calling out the Raiders for having black outs is pretty funny

No one ever called Chargers fans good.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
San Diego has great football fans they just all root for the Cowboys and Raiders.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Packers 7th round receiver Jeff Janis is tearing up camp. Expect him to get injured soon.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Also, I've heard of a bunch of fights in training camp between players, but I think this is the first time I've heard about coaches getting into it with each other. Packers OL coach Jeff Campen and LB coach Winston Moss got into a shouting match yesterday and had to be separated.

quote:

"I was admiring Winston's beard," Campen said. "He's got a new beard this year, does he not? Yeah, It's an impressive beard. I wanted to get a closer look and took the opportunity to do that. Hey, it's an intense practice. Everything is fine. It's no big deal. I like his beard. It's nice."

Campen said Moss then retorted with a comment about his weight.

"He talked about my beard; I talked about how small his T-shirt was," Moss said. "It kind of escalated from there. I don't know what happened. It was high energy, high spirit. It was fun more than anything.

"You don't see too many coaches get after it. But to me, it was just fun. I hope he's fine. I hope he didn't take it personal."

:burger:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

quote:

David Quessenberry ‏@DavidQberry 19m

I am reminded everyday of the incredible people that surround me in my fight against cancer.

:3:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Case Keenum is getting first team reps in practice, nobody tell bhsman

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Long live Dime Store Romo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

First in All-Time Passing Yards, Last in RESPECT

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

Dennis Johnson sated my thirst for now, it's cool.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiF7mSHsmcM

:drat:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:fap:

who is the db?

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 15, 2014

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Tremendous Taste posted:

:fap:

who is the db?

Kinda looks like #28 which would be Cortez Allen

e: I'm going with #48 - rookie CB Lew Toler. Final answer

ironlung fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 15, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

When they say, "savvy route runner," is this what they're talking about because... :stare:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Intruder posted:

How did he have time counting down your favorite hits

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

How did he have time counting down your favorite hits

Hehehehe, gently caress you man, I'm laughing harder than this deserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Intruder posted:

Crap. I still had hopes that the Texans would cut him and he would end up as Baltimore's new back up. Keenum would be a worthwhile replacement to preseason Tyrod Time.

• Locked thread