Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo after d1-d2 we thought we were turbo hosed; the last minute swerve from opop was supposed to doom me and make opop and grandi look town AF when I flipped scum. Opop said not to try to save him, which was definitely the right call, but as of n2 hal and I were just trying to last as long as possible.

Also, I really did think it was a trap when I voted rwc, like Voodoo was going to go AHA, NOW I KNOW IT'S HAL AND SIV, LET ME PROVE IT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

Blood Oath Hal. Blood loving Oath.

Damnit I really did think it was RWC and SIV running a perfect game. Guess I was right about the half I didn’t vote (the sand stuff today was basically a pointless bluff he was only person I wasn’t considering voting).

Great game you two.

Ooooh you thought we were slap fighting to draw attention?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
... and yeah we killed lurkers / low post counts for style points, right up until we had to pick off Yami for being confirmed town.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Hey Quackles, great game, thanks!

New rule: always vote Hal. If he's still there by D3 definitely vote him and if he turns out to be town after all, follow his reads.

Also, SiV, did you ignore Voodoo all D1 just to look unpaired in case you went down? Because that...worked. (And also the fact that he jumped right on me as soon as this day started, how could he do that to innocent little me? That's fup duck.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Oh also, good luck to Yami in the MU Champs!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Rhymes With Clue posted:

New rule: always vote Hal. If he's still there by D3 definitely vote him and if he turns out to be town after all, follow his reads.

Also, SiV, did you ignore Voodoo all D1 just to look unpaired in case you went down? Because that...worked. (And also the fact that he jumped right on me as soon as this day started, how could he do that to innocent little me? That's fup duck.

It was totally to get a read from you again. When I voted you before you came back and convinced me your were town. Then I talked myself into you being scum again, most likely with SiV but maybe with hal, and wanted to see how you would react.m, knowing I could always move my vote as there was no hammer threat.

I read it wrong the second time. I should have voted SiV with you but by then I assumed you were maybe voting her to help cover for her as your scum buddy.

Oh well this is why you all should execute me way before LYLO.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Oh dearie me did I forget to congratulate the Horrible Geese? I believe I did. Oops.

You guys rocked it. GG.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

spacing in vienna posted:

Ooooh you thought we were slap fighting to draw attention?

Pretty much. That fabled case in RWC kept never coming and I started thinking the game made more sense if you and grand were both scum.

But then I kept thinking.

For what it’s worth your scum game this time felt very different than last time we played and you were scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I said !! I said! Always lunch Hal!!

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rhymes With Clue posted:

No, I legit had no idea I didn't reply to voodoo! I now feel bad that I accidentally ignored voodoo all of d1!

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

Pretty much. That fabled case in RWC kept never coming and I started thinking the game made more sense if you and grand were both scum.

But then I kept thinking.

For what it’s worth your scum game this time felt very different than last time we played and you were scum.

Yeah, a few people said my scum game lately has felt very surface so I decided to try to play against that. Casing harder, digging through older posts, etc. I'm glad it seemed to have worked.

I postponed the RWC smackdown because I liked my maer case better, and then had other things going on and got way too loving lazy.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

I said !! I said! Always lunch Hal!!

You scared the poo poo out of me when you said that btw, Hal getting votes was the worst thing for my nerves

We didn't think we'd get very far but I absolutely didn't want to try to do this solo

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
Great game geese! I thought town had a shot when I was first NK'd but then these last two days town was just flailing. Never settled on one target, no one felt confident in their reads.

In fact I think RWC was the only one who cased both SiV and Hal. Even proposed the Siv/Hal team a few times. But too much town had scum reads on RWC for it to gain any traction.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That was super fun, my only regret was not getting more time with grandi and Opop in scum chat.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh well this is why you all should execute me way before LYLO.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Holy poo poo after d1-d2 we thought we were turbo hosed; the last minute swerve from opop was supposed to doom me and make opop and grandi look town AF when I flipped scum. Opop said not to try to save him, which was definitely the right call, but as of n2 hal and I were just trying to last as long as possible.

Also, I really did think it was a trap when I voted rwc, like Voodoo was going to go AHA, NOW I KNOW IT'S HAL AND SIV, LET ME PROVE IT.

Yeah that definitely got me killed but I put some effort into setting you guys up for my posthumous win :D

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Yeah that definitely got me killed but I put some effort into setting you guys up for my posthumous win :D

For sure, it was a wise strategic decision

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Insandenza posted:

For sure, it was a wise strategic decision

Absolutely!! It saved us multiple times.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Absolutely!! It saved us multiple times.

I know it cleared you in my mind. I started out being suspicious since you had a mild push on me, but by D3 your voting pattern and posts had turned me around.

Hal I never much considered, he was fairly quiet the first few days, but you I was looking over posts and kept going, 'Yup, town for sure!'

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

P.S:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9STHqt_vsCc

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Thanks for the game! My sacrifice was not in vain and obv propelled the other geese (except opop) to victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

But really, great job SiV and Hal!