Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hakumei_mikochi_ch51 new homey homo gnomes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
There used to be one reader app that would pull chapters from mangago and download them for phone/tablet reading but since mangago is full of smut apparently you can't include them in your download list and still get to list your app in the play store so they killed that version.

I usually just save licensed stuff I've purchased digital editions of for offline reading. My manga reading options are all sort of segregated by where and how I'm reading them -- scanned stuff online I only read on a computer so I can adblock everything the sites have on them; webtoons are phone only since they look like rear end on anything else, also crunchyroll manga is in this category since the mobile reader is the only one worth using; kindle editions - on the tablet, nice to have already loaded for when the internet is dead; non-kindle digital versions or stuff downloaded straight from the scan group I usually save to dropbox so I can either read on the computer or on my phone.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/watashi_no_kanojo_wa_otokonoko

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

This was seriously good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shame the translators decided to put this nonsense in the middle of the first couple pages, lol

its a good manga tho

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, that was fierce and pretty good.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

im special :gerty:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Oh man, that last page is especially rough :(

Good manga! though I wish that translators’ credit could be rephrased/removed cause it’s kinda gross?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Endorph posted:

shame the translators decided to put this nonsense in the middle of the first couple pages, lol

its a good manga tho

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Nondevor posted:

Oh man, that last page is especially rough :(

Good manga! though I wish that translators’ credit could be rephrased/removed cause it’s kinda gross?

Oh those three pages, the last one expecially, made me seethe with rage.

You put a kid who has barely entered their teens, who is in an especially critical moment of their life, on a stage, in front of the whole school and you make them explain that they're trans, and what being trans means? Kindly gently caress right off in a direction of your choosing, thanks.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Mikl posted:

You put a kid who has barely entered their teens, who is in an especially critical moment of their life, on a stage, in front of the whole school and you make them explain that they're trans, and what being trans means? Kindly gently caress right off in a direction of your choosing, thanks.

The worst part of that is how the teacher’s explanation (which they were reading off of) explicitly frames the kid’s non-binary identity as an “illness.” :(

It really contrasts with the written speech by the other student, which was legitimately informative and a lot more tactful. Nice to learn more terminology like X-gender and such.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Mikl posted:

Not only that, but you force the kid to describe it as an 'illness' implying that being bigender is something wrong with them that needs curing. Seriously gently caress that teacher.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I remember that one bring pretty tough. Mothergently caress people.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Does anyone know if theres a way to downloads manga so I can read it offline?

If you have an android thing, tachiyomi will do it. It has plugins for what I assume are major readers, so you'll probably have no trouble finding whatever you're looking for. The catch (besides being just for android) is that it will politely (read: slowly) download each individual image for each chapter. This will take a very long time if it's a long manga, and there's a pretty good chance the program will time out or choke on something. If that happens, you'll have to wander over to the download queue and clear out the chapters it choked on before going back and restarting the download (thankfully, it's smart enough to understand "download all" as "download all the chapters that aren't already downloaded").

If you're using a computer, like people have said, dynasty has a download chapter button (it's the circled down arrow, to the left of the resize button), and if you're lucky, mangadex will have a link to the scanlator's site so you can download stuff or find their irc and download stuff from there.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
On Android you can use Manga Rock, it's an aggregator and the download chapter option MIGHT be gated behind the like $5 one time premium upgrade but I really enjoy the functionality of the app. YMMV, just an option.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Thanks, you two. I'll check em out!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Speaking of manga apps. I can't believe that Mangabox is still around, and still using it's stupid "can only ever read the first and most recent chapters" thing. The English version is down to 3 manga.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

It's happy family times for Koyuki.

Also a little abs love.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Any good gay romance anime (not manga) where (a) the dudes get to kiss on-screen, and (b) it never gets weird and rapey?

Rheya
Mar 30, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Any good gay romance anime (not manga) where (a) the dudes get to kiss on-screen, and (b) it never gets weird and rapey?

I really liked the movie Doukyuusei (Classmates).

There's a moment with a teacher character attempting to kiss a student but it's very brief and there isn't anything else in that vein otherwise.

It has a very pretty, soft art style. I'd definitely recommend it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Classmates is probably the best animated BL thing that exists right now

Also check out the Kono Danshi/This Boy series, they're short (~40min) OVAs that are mostly cute and wholesome and entirely made by one lady. One of them has a teacher x student pair but that's the only thing that stands out as questionable that I can think of. I'd recommend watching them in order because they get progressively better (This Boy is a Professional Wizard is the most recent and it's really good) so you don't go backwards in quality but they're all fairly similar in style, very sparkly and sort of like motion comics.

En Family Mook
Apr 29, 2017

Since I haven't seen it posted: new Doll-maker boy and cosplaying gyaru.

Imgur mirror if Mangadex is still busted.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

:hai:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fukakai_na_boku_no_subete_o_ch09

:hellyeah:

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

:unsmith:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://youtu.be/QttHF9XKhiU

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Mobuko no Koi has been updating slowly, but it's a sweet entry into the 'Ganbatte, Shy Girl' genre.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That's a way to make an entrance. (Lily Marble)

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Shibata and Shuunin return!

https://mangadex.org/title/20463/dame-na-watashi-ni-koishite-kudasai-r

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh hell yes! :neckbeard:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And apparently there's another series after this one ended, so a sequel to a sequel?? Sure!!!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Yessss!

Captain Invictus posted:

And apparently there's another series after this one ended, so a sequel to a sequel?? Sure!!!

This kinda makes me wonder if what for the fist series was basically one (admittedly good) joke can live for quite that long, though.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

chumbler posted:

That's a way to make an entrance. (Lily Marble)

I am so loving thankful for this mature lady yuri.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

big dyke energy posted:

I am so loving thankful for this mature lady yuri.

There really needs to be more of that in general, and workplaces other than Generic Corporate Office is also a nice thing that's way too rare.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

actually reading the chapter the translation is only slightly better than running it through google translate

okay it's not THAT bad, but I do hope someone better picks it up

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Feb 3, 2019

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Captain Invictus posted:

Wasn't the one that just finished translating also technically a sequel because of a magazine jump

Sequel to a sequel to a sequel

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
finally a selft insert romance i can relate to

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DisDisDis posted:

finally a selft insert romance i can relate to

Can I get a source on this one

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yurigurashi

It's a bunch of individual one chapter stories, so there's only the one with Death. The others so far are also cute though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I'm the exceptionally expressive skull