Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't spend money since tickets are free, but this morning I got a ticket to Donald Trump's rally in Cleveland on Saturday.

I can't wait to make America great again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Toast Museum posted:

Unrelated, I remember some pressure cooker chat a while back. Is there a any consensus favorite electric model?

I bought an Instant Pot IPDUO60 on black Friday without doing a lot of research into other models beforehand because it was such a good deal. Haven't had a complaint about it since, and I've used it at least twice a week for the last four months.

Geoj has a new favorite as of 19:12 on Mar 10, 2016

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Toast Museum posted:

Unrelated, I remember some pressure cooker chat a while back. Is there a any consensus favorite electric model?

I think my post where I bought the Instant Pot IPDUO60 started that. I can't compare to any other model but I'm happy with mine still. I've used it several times a week which i'm sure will decline with time once the "new" factor wears off. So far I've been using it mostly for whole chickens and pork roasts, but I've also made a couple different soups andhaven't had a problem yet.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I posted about the Instant Pot too and still love it. Had it for a couple of months and I use it weekly, preparing lunches to take to work. I've spent far too much time scouring the internet for recipe ideas...

And if you're getting one for batching meals, like I do: get the largest-capacity cooker you can. I know it's obvious, but it really does make a big difference in whether you'll get 2 or 4 meals out of one batch.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

1redflag posted:

Heads up, JC. Your brother Paul is on his way to meet you at the dock. The NSF is raiding the island, and shots have been fired. I repeat: find Paul. I will monitor your situation from HQ.

OK thanks.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

he didnt meant you ya dumb bepis :-DDDDDDDDDD

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

tomstuart posted:

he didnt meant you ya dumb bepis :-DDDDDDDDDD

Do free browser add-on acquisitions count as recent purchases?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PCOS Bill posted:

I didn't spend money since tickets are free, but this morning I got a ticket to Donald Trump's rally in Cleveland on Saturday.

I can't wait to make America great again!

Remember, don't detonate the vest until you're within 10m.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Scarf posted:

Remember, don't detonate the vest until you're within 10m.

No I mean helping Trump attain office.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

And THEN you blow the vest. Genius.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

KingColliwog posted:

My fear would be that they are super warm. Don't you get all sweaty? I love my shredded memory foam pillow and it's by far the best pillow I've ever used (regular "shaped" memory foam pillows are the worst though), but I'd be afraid to use a whole mattress/topper

I've never had an issue and I just survived the hottest summer here on record without AC.
Helps to have silk sheets, perhaps.

Latest haul:

loving Oooooooowwwwnnnzzz

I like this movie but this edition doesn't add much. Yeah, Rogue is in it for a minute and some dialogue is expanded but, eh. $10 was not a bad price at all.

Been trying these guys out. I hate Gatorade (too much sugar) and need to ween myself off so much caffeine. Aside from the Mango, I really like them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It makes Iceman go out way worse. $10 well spent.

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

Night Danger Moose posted:

Confirming this. We got the goon recommended one from awhile back in the thread. First night was abysmal, been great since then.

What's the model of the goon recommended one?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PCOS Bill posted:

I'd rather you didn't.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Scarf posted:

I'd rather you didn't.

Too late.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Scarf posted:

I'd rather you didn't.

Some men just want to watch the world burn?

Also I bought this:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just bought the 8" version of this for my retard boyfriend and he's probably gonna poo poo himself after I give it to him tomorrow after his culinary school sim

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/prod...c=PRODUCTSEARCH

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Great knife, I have a few of those (chef, bread, paring, boning)

The boning knife is my favorite for just about any application. Whatever it cannot handle, the bread knife will handle.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

TotalLossBrain posted:

The boning knife is my favorite for just about any application. Whatever it cannot handle, the bread knife will handle.

Any knife can be a boning knife, but it's just really illegal.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TotalLossBrain posted:

I'm too lazy to properly take care of Japanese knives so I just have a bunch of Wusthof classics for myself

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Aphrodite posted:

It makes Iceman go out way worse. $10 well spent.

True and the smaller characters get more lines, which is neat.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
A 12-pack of Puerto Rico's finest:

Interesting fact: There is no Medalla...only Medella Light.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

When you're worthy of Medalla it will reveal itself.

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology
Some new bits for my Dremel.

Didn't really need them, but they were on sale for $6.
Should be fun to play around with.

Mister Nobody
Feb 17, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

A fine choice. Use it to chase down the saltiest fried pork you can find.

wait a minute honey
May 12, 2006

I'm going up to a hellscape in Southern NSW, shooting pigs come Easter. My .308 seems to like these bad boys..

A 10 round magazine for my CZ455 .22lr, because they only gave me one 5 round magazine with the rifle...

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Inzombiac posted:

Been trying these guys out. I hate Gatorade (too much sugar) and need to ween myself off so much caffeine. Aside from the Mango, I really like them.

Only 40mg of caffeine per tablet, they need to triple that number

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

ricepaddydaddy posted:

I'm going up to a hellscape in Southern NSW, shooting pigs come Easter. My .308 seems to like these bad boys..

A 10 round magazine for my CZ455 .22lr, because they only gave me one 5 round magazine with the rifle...

How much was that 308 per round? The ranges around here only allow HP/SP and I can't find it for less than about $1/round here.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Backed a new bell for my bike.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/-oi/oi-the-bike-bell-that-doesnt-look-like-a-bike-bell

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

$26 for a bike bell that you are helping fund. Jesus loving Christ.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

bowmore posted:

Only 40mg of caffeine per tablet, they need to triple that number

I put two in a 32 oz. bottle of water. Get my caffeine, water and some vitamins all at the same time.
80mg of caffeine is a little low but right now I'm at whatever 6 shots of espresso have.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

6 shots of espresso have.

450mg, it looks like shots are 75-80mg a piece

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

It takes a certain amount of financial dedication to etch the name of your mark onto the firearm you intend to use on it. Props.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

colas posted:

450mg, it looks like shots are 75-80mg a piece

Christ.
No wonder all my poo poo is liquid and black.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

1redflag posted:

$26 for a bike bell that you are helping fund. Jesus loving Christ.

I like the idea, but they really dropped the ball by calling it Oi and not having the bell produce an extremely loud voice sample of an irate Australian shouting "OI!" instead

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

No wonder all my poo poo is liquid and black.

balance it out by eating a bag of apples

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

NotAnArtist posted:

I like the idea, but they really dropped the ball by calling it Oi and not having the bell produce an extremely loud voice sample of an irate Australian shouting "OI!" instead

Or an old Jewish New Yorker.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I want a Spanish variant that goes "Olé!"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

colas posted:

balance it out by eating a bag of apples

Too late. I "drank" a liter of dry rice to absorb it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

NotAnArtist posted:

Gonna start a kickstarter for just this very purpose