Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluffieDuckie

Johnny Joestar posted:

i always enjoy seeing the cool work and advice people put into making avs and helping each other out, ngl

:same:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

i've been ruminating heavily on this and i think i would most like an av that both respects and elevates the bee eater the bird for which i am named

when vacation is done at the least i could figure out how to pull out the background and keep him but if someone has a cooler idea i am all ears and bees

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
Howdy!

Can anyone help me out? I'd like for this

to be my avatar, but I'd like the background red/yellow bits to spin hypnotically. I've been mucking around with GIMP for a few hours trying to figure out how to do this to no avail. If someone would be willing to walk me through the process of what I've got to do to get this to work that'd be great as I enjoy learning new things, but if there's a gimp/photo editing wizard out there who would be okay with doing it for me I wouldn't complain either.

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Robot Made of Meat

magic cactus posted:

Howdy!

to be my avatar, but I'd like the background red/yellow bits to spin hypnotically. I've been mucking around with GIMP for a few hours trying to figure out how to do this to no avail. If someone would be willing to walk me through the process of what I've got to do to get this to work that'd be great as I enjoy learning new things, but if there's a gimp/photo editing wizard out there who would be okay with doing it for me I wouldn't complain either.

Thanks a bunch!

Magic cactus is a good name, so you deserve a good av. Sadly, I can barely draw circles in MSPaint.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Doesnt look like a spin, looks like its radiating a slight zooming in and out on the background would likely look better.

I'm not skilled enough to really remove that and add the missing data but wanted you yo at least consider the alternative.

magic cactus

pixaal posted:

Doesnt look like a spin, looks like its radiating a slight zooming in and out on the background would likely look better.

I'm not skilled enough to really remove that and add the missing data but wanted you yo at least consider the alternative.

Like kind of a subtle pulsing thing? That would look pretty dope honestly.

Robot Made of Meat

Or maybe a fade where the two colors shift back and forth hypnotically.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

magic cactus

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Or maybe a fade where the two colors shift back and forth hypnotically.

drat that's a good idea too. Maybe I should just leave it up to whoever ends up taking my request.

Manifisto

I can try to help with some of the things, been a bit busy lately but I'll see what I can do

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

magic cactus posted:

Howdy!

Thanks a bunch!

I can give it a shot Manifisto!

If its not up to snuff Mani can fix it up for you probably

Sorry I missed this post.

Maybe i'll do another how-to video thing if you want

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

magic cactus

vanisher posted:

Whatever takes up the least amount of your time/is less of a hassle. Thanks a bunch!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

ah I had started doing a bit of it before reading your post

vanisher will do a good job I'm sure, this is as far as I'd gotten

(this was a combo gimp/blender by the way)

ty nesamdoom!

magic cactus

this is rad as gently caress. thank you so much!

e: i was going to take this as my a/v but the control panel informs me the file size is too big :(

magic cactus fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 10, 2019

vanisher

I got stuck trying to build the background into a workable circle thing that didn't look horrible. Great job Manifisto!

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

magic cactus

magic cactus posted:

this is rad as gently caress. thank you so much!

e: i was going to take this as my a/v but the control panel informs me the file size is too big :(

Disregard as I am a moron and forgot I can resize. Thanks a bunch Manifisto and Vanisher, this looks awesome!

Manifisto

magic cactus posted:

Thanks a bunch Manifisto and Vanisher, this looks awesome!

glad you like it! sorry I didn't post a version of the appropriate size, I intended to crunch the filesize down eventually but I wanted to wait to see whether you otherwise liked it before going to the effort. what you did works and it looks great!

bee eater posted:

i've been ruminating heavily on this and i think i would most like an av that both respects and elevates the bee eater the bird for which i am named

when vacation is done at the least i could figure out how to pull out the background and keep him but if someone has a cooler idea i am all ears and bees

this is a fantastic pic

there are plenty of things you could do with it but to some extent it might be gilding the lily?

to get you started - perhaps not the best crop job that could be done, but maybe it's useful to you?

ty nesamdoom!

nut

Manifisto posted:

glad you like it! sorry I didn't post a version of the appropriate size, I intended to crunch the filesize down eventually but I wanted to wait to see whether you otherwise liked it before going to the effort. what you did works and it looks great!

this is a fantastic pic

there are plenty of things you could do with it but to some extent it might be gilding the lily?

to get you started - perhaps not the best crop job that could be done, but maybe it's useful to you?

whoah very helpful, i should be back on photoshop later today and was gonna muss around w some animating ideas and this saves me a ton of work and is also much better than what I could do, thanks!

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
So I have an avatar idea BUT I'm concerned it might break rules. Mainly in that it's a parody of the probation avatar. Instead of the cat it's Hank Hill, says "PROPANED", and the text below "Unable to tell ya hwat for 6 hours." (probably with a link to something stupid instead of a rap sheet).

Is it against the rules to parody the probated avatar?

nut

Resting Lich Face posted:

So I have an avatar idea BUT I'm concerned it might break rules. Mainly in that it's a parody of the probation avatar. Instead of the cat it's Hank Hill, says "PROPANED", and the text below "Unable to tell ya hwat for 6 hours." (probably with a link to something stupid instead of a rap sheet).

only one way to find out :getin:

FluffieDuckie

You’re good. There are lots of users who have probation parody avs running around in other subs.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
i used to have a probation parody av. they are good!

Heather Papps

hello friend

so is this my av now or am i stuck in the que forevermore

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Ok so what video/image/site/whatever should I hyperlink in the text? It does not need to be KOTH related.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Aug 19, 2019

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Ok so what video/image/site/whatever should I hyperlink in the text? It does not need to be KOTH related.

https://youtu.be/PTdxPliBdZs

nut

alnilam

Heather Papps posted:

so is this my av now or am i stuck in the que forevermore

soary, your orig av (link?) was in the queue at the time that fluffie did the av cert thing and you got a diff av and i said i'd retract the queued one (which was waiting for an admin to click "okay") THEN a crazy storm hit it was so powerful that it collapsed a vacant building's roof !! and my power went out all night and i couldn't retract it and then it got approved

i can re-re-queue your new post-autoban av, the skeleton one, this one

if you want! let me know what you wwant it to say underneath it, if you want me to do that. also do you want posting pals community badge, which i added to your link one without asking :twisted:

ty manifisto

Heather Papps

hello friend

mods put a funny zelda joke under my new old av please and thank you if not i apologize for my impertinence, impudence, and impatience.

nut

alnilam posted:

which i added to your link one without asking :twisted:

:stonk:

alnilam

which one is the new old av :psyduck:

ty manifisto

Goons Are Gifts

The plot thickens

Heather Papps

hello friend

alnilam posted:

which one is the new old av :psyduck:

the link and weed joke av was my first av.

i was banned, lost stuff.

reregged, but while i had posted in the thread, i had also emailed the fluffiest duckling.

when i checked my email there was an av cert, but you had put in the request.

it took too long, i used the cert to get the new av.

later, my av is back to link and weed, with that chill new posting pals thing.

i honestly am very confused.

i do not have preferences just make it stop please

alnilam

right the link one was waiting in the queue while you bought/cert-ed the new one, and an admin didn't approve it until after, and I had meant to retract it once you got a new one but i didn't get to bc of storm :smithcloud:

just let me know which of the two you want - skele or link - and whether you want stuff beneath it. i can do that as a moderateur. just don't refer to them as new or old because they're both old in some sense at this point!!

ty manifisto

Heather Papps

hello friend

APOLOGY POST
legit, i am sorry. this is funny to me but also to people just trying to do modwork this must be insane.

i would like the skeleton av, chillbros tag, and a nice hello friends sort of text in a nice color that compliments the boards palette.

nut

i have spoken to hp and have it on good authority they would like this as their new old recent av

Heather Papps

hello friend

bee eater posted:

i have spoken to hp and have it on good authority they would like this as their new old recent av

i mean this is good but not as good as my childhood obsession with death

nut

well for future reference you can come back to when you come to your senses

Did you want any help making this? I'm keen to avoid responsibility and work fresh on a Monday!

alnilam

okay it's "in the queue" as we say in the biz, nobody buy heather papps an av until it goes thru if you do it will probaly be lost again!!

ty manifisto

nut

my irresponsibility has no patience

I have it all open and can tweak whatever but is this the kinda thing u wanted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Secretly buying more avs so thislle ride never ends