Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Pell posted:

I don't think you can get more general than "Keeps going bang when you hold down the trigger"

General definition as in “applies in the most contexts” not “includes the largest number of items”.

e: Machine gun chat will not continue onto this page. knocks on wood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

HogX posted:

is a machine gun a sandwich

Indeed it is.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/01/a-sandwich-a-day-machine-gun-from-bruges-salt.html

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Dammit. I live in this moron town and you just made me hungry.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
One thing for sure is it was an assault weapon.

Tsolum
Jun 12, 2013

Bip Roberts posted:

One thing for sure is it was an assault weapon.

All weapons are assault weapons if they hurt someone because then that's assault.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

wait i thought that was battery

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

grievous bodily harm

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

im pooping! posted:

wait i thought that was battery

The only battery guns are plasma rifles in the 40 watt range.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Solice Kirsk posted:

The only battery guns are plasma rifles in the 40 watt range.

Beat me to it, motherfucker :argh:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

lfield posted:

Like I know an AK-47 is a machine gun and a 9mm pistol is not a machine gun but I'm not sure where the distinction lies. Can any gun goons chime in

An AK-47 is an assault rifle rather than a machine gun.

It's a case of how many bullets the thing is designed to fire with any degree of accuracy before it overheats. As far as I know.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Platystemon posted:

[triggered]

Edit: I don't care what you think about Reagan, that guy had terrible trigger discipline

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Edit: I don't care what you think about Reagan, that guy had terrible trigger discipline

Love the minder in the background with a fixed grin praying to high heaven that Bozo there doesn't shoot someone.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What, you mean giving a loaded gun to somebody with alzheimer's might not be the best idea in the world?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Memento posted:

Love the minder in the background with a fixed grin praying to high heaven that Bozo there doesn't shoot someone.

No it's okay, I can see there's no clip in the breech.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Reagan’s career as an actor cannot have helped his trigger discipline.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Platystemon posted:

Reagan’s career as an actor cannot have helped his trigger discipline.

I thought they might have told him about that when he was in the army, personally.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Wanamingo posted:

What, you mean giving a loaded gun nuclear arsenal to somebody with alzheimer's might not be the best idea in the world?

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

I'd like to think a CIA agent or something would assassinate any president that tried to launch nuclear weapons for stupid reasons

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cumslut1895 posted:

I'd like to think a CIA agent or something would assassinate any president that tried to launch nuclear weapons for stupid reasons

We'll find out about 8 months from now

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

LonsomeSon posted:

Are you loving making GBS threads me, give me back the murder toy you are obviously not mature enough to play with it yet.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

spog posted:

What, you mean giving a loaded gun nuclear arsenal to somebody with alzheimer's might not be the best idea in the world?

Fun fact: Reagan’s launch code card ended up with his shoes in the hospital after the Hinckley assassination attempt.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cumslut1895 posted:

I've always believed that at least one member of the presidential secret service detail gets taken into a special meeting when a new president is elected and gets tasked with shooting him in case he goes off the rails and tries to launch a nuclear strike.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Sadly, the president died today in a tragic accident today after attempting to launch.. launch.. uhh... lunch..? Yeah, lunch, attempting to eat lunch.

Global stability protected.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Not Operator posted:

Sadly, the president died today in a tragic accident today after attempting to launch.. launch.. uhh... lunch..? Yeah, lunch, attempting to eat lunch.

Global stability protected.

Hey now, it was just an afternoon snack. And he recovered.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
hey i found a machine gun

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Weatherman posted:

hey i found a machine gun

You motherfucker.

Do you tip in restaurants?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Nah we pay our service staff a living wage :australia:

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
Cross post from the IoSM thread:

Someone tried to scam me by setting up a profile as someone I already knew (hence why the fb chat messages are edited, they used this person's real name and photo). I caught on pretty much instantly, and I strung them on for quite a while. They even had a second person in on it via text. I'm gonna post the first image here, and then the album link:

Rest of album:
http://imgur.com/a/m92la

I tried to edit out all the personal info, let me know if I miss something. There's no such person as Lauren, btw. I don't care about my google plus image, it's super old and I never use Google plus any more. I left the scammer's number in on purpose. Oh, and facebook deleted their messages shortly after I outed them, so I had to write them back in.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Platystemon posted:

Fun fact: Reagan’s launch code card ended up with his shoes in the hospital after the Hinckley assassination attempt.

Jimmy Carter sent them to the dry cleaners with a suit.

Clinton straight-up lost them for several months.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ekuNNN has a new favorite as of 16:28 on Jun 5, 2016

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

HogX posted:

is a machine gun a sandwich

I typed "is a machine gun" into the search bar to see if by any chance this actually came up in suggestions. (It didn't.) But the 4th suggestion was "is a machine gun jet pack possible." Found this and my mind broke a little.

Also, the guy based the models on the AK47, so for extra :can: there's that.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Love it.

VVv congrats on finding my new favorite YouTube video.

Rolo has a new favorite as of 20:26 on Jun 5, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
The full video is worth a watch, he just refuses to let go of that drat box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGiKYlN0pDM

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/ajhVpWi.gifv

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The thread has peaked, but the reason is 30 years old

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
FYI trigger discipline doesn't count if someone is taking your picture. You clearly don't want to look like a dweeb in a picture so of course you finger the trigger.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snSpsXJ2oZY

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Bip Roberts posted:

FYI trigger discipline doesn't count if someone is taking your picture. You clearly don't want to look like a dweeb in a picture so of course you finger the trigger.

Lol it you're giving the woman who is licking a the benefit of the doubt.

Plenty of people just don't understand firearm safety. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dreddout posted:

Lol it you're giving the woman who is licking a the benefit of the doubt.

Plenty of people just don't understand firearm safety. :shrug:

She's probably gonna be pizza all over that wall right after the photo finishes but at least she'll go out looking like a real stone cold badass.