Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Kurtofan posted:

so pirate orcs

No less weird than Pirate Harpies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So uh, wouldn't Jace trigger twice if you deal normal combat damage and first strike damage to a player? That make him look any better?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Where are the double strike dudes that play well with Jace in standard?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

xanthan posted:

So uh, wouldn't Jace trigger twice if you deal normal combat damage and first strike damage to a player? That make him look any better?

I would say no because if you are able to connect with a double striker, you are already ahead on board.

I think that making a Phantasmal Bear is being overlooked by a lot of people, which is why you would want to play him. His Ult can also happen on Turn 5 which is scary, but again you are probably already winning the game if you land Jace turn 3 and ult turn 5.

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

xanthan posted:

Yeah and if you exert Combat Celebrant too, you can loot 4 times. You did it!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

AlternateNu posted:

No less weird than Pirate Harpies.

I ain't complaing

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Wait, don't you just loot one card no matter how many creatures deal combat damage with Jace's +1? I don't understand how double strike gets you multiple loots.

Also can you use the +1 post combat and still loot?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Tainen posted:

Ask yourself: can you deal combat damage after combat?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Tainen posted:

Wait, don't you just loot one card no matter how many creatures deal combat damage with Jace's +1? I don't understand how double strike gets you multiple loots.

You can loot once per damage phase no matter how many creatures hit. So first strike and regular. If you get more combat phases you can loot two more each!

E: also you can avoid lovely double strikers by mixing first strikers and regular creatures. Not that I know if we have non-poo poo first strikers.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Alaan posted:

You can loot once per damage phase no matter how many creatures hit. So first strike and regular. If you get more combat phases you can loot two more each!

E: also you can avoid lovely double strikers by mixing first strikers and regular creatures. Not that I know if we have non-poo poo first strikers.

Kari Zev. is the only one of note that's not rotating I think.

Oh, and Toolcraft Exemplar + metalcraft!

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/saffronolive/status/902559447540797441

I assume this is just making everything sphinxes to trigger Unesh a million times

https://twitter.com/saffronolive/status/902560156222967809

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I actually scrolled down a bit on SapphronOlive's Twitter.

He posted this

It is now out of stock on SCG and either less than a dollar with 3 + dollar shipping or just 10+ dollars on TCGPlayer.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Destroy him, he's a danger.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
I have like 4 mirror galleries somewhere..please let me sell them somewhere for that inflated rear end price

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Count Bleck posted:

I actually scrolled down a bit on SapphronOlive's Twitter.

He posted this

It is now out of stock on SCG and either less than a dollar with 3 + dollar shipping or just 10+ dollars on TCGPlayer.

I was running one of these in my Sisay EDH deck for a while. It was bad, despite being a land that can tap for more than one mana at a time. I have no idea what deck in any format wants a legendary and ETB tapped Ancient Tomb for Planeswalkers.

E: That said I regret trading it away a few months ago because now I can't hustle some dummy for it!

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 29, 2017

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Mirror Gallery is a strange one because it's not good in Commander. Unless the plan is to animate Gideon and clone him? But it's mostly just #mtgfinance doing its thing.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

quote:

"Militant Dinosaur"
5GW
Creature - Dinosaur
Each creature you control assigns combat damage equal to its toughness rather than its power.
Illus. Dan Scott 4/6

doran: so good he needs to cost 7 mana

quote:

Deadeye Plunderers
3UB
Creature - Human Pirate
Deadeye Plunderers gets +1/+1 for each artifact you control

2UB: Create a colorless artifact token named Treasure with "T, sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool"
Illus. Greg Opalinski 3/3

Elyv fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 29, 2017

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
I love the art on the dinosaurs.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
that diplodocus is really opinionated about his dino politics

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

So "Militant Dinosaur" is a 7 mana 6/6 with a 1 mana ability attached to it?
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=394497&type=card

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mehall posted:

So "Militant Dinosaur" is a 7 mana 6/6 with a 1 mana ability attached to it?
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=394497&type=card

it's a 7 mana doran, the siege tower

doran is a fine man but I'm not sure why he needs to cost 7

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Elyv posted:

dinosaurs are big, duh!!!!!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
What I don't get is why the dino is a 4/6. It's power is irrelevant.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cool so leaks mean we get a spoiler season where they talk about cool uncommons and maybe show off the limited format a little?

Some Numbers posted:

Fight Dino, Fight?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Spiderdrake posted:

Cool so leaks mean we get a spoiler season where they talk about cool uncommons and maybe show off the limited format a little?
Fight Dino, Fight?

We also get to look forward to a new Vraska and maybe this other guy, Angrath.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

dies to retribution of the meek

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Also there are supposedly 9 more flip lands to reveal.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Ignore me if I'm not reading this correctly; but by the time the combo is starting, for each Sphinx you'd play wouldn't Unesh's second ability cause you to nearly mill yourself?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Elyv posted:

Doranosaur

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Some Numbers posted:

Having different P/T on this guy is a reminder that his effect is going on for your other creatures - e.g. I know this Dino guy does 6 despite his 4 power, and oh yeah my 3/4 deals 4 damage too.

Plus fight effects prominent in green like someone else mentioned

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Gotta give them credit for coming up with a flavor reason to have a "Dragonskull" place in a plane that doesn't have dragons. Much better than coming up with five new functional reprints to avoid using one name that doesn't fit.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Anyone playing in GP DC?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Elyv posted:

The big guys in this set cost a lot because they're expecting treasure to power them out in limited. It might mean the dinos are bad for constructed, but it is what it is.

I just notice that all the lower CMC guys seem underpowered for their size unless you build around them and the dinos are all like 7 CMC. They must be going for Treasure - Battlecruiser or something.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

BJPaskoff posted:

Gotta give them credit for coming up with a flavor reason to have a "Dragonskull" place in a plane that doesn't have dragons. Much better than coming up with five new functional reprints to avoid using one name that doesn't fit.

That flavour text is basically "It is okay for us to print this card on a plane that doesn't have dragons", which is just so clunky and badly executed.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
whos angrath

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Pinterest Mom posted:

That flavour text is basically "It is okay for us to print this card on a plane that doesn't have dragons", which is just so clunky and badly executed.
I'd call it a necessary evil.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

This plus that piece of flavor text is all we know about him so far I think

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

I hope it's an anthropomorphic Dinosaur Pirate PW

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Elyv posted:

Isn't that basically Ob Nixilis's story? Was a planeswalker, then lost his spark and got stuck on Zendikar so he decided to take his anger out on the plane and everyone in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Elyv posted:

Sounds like a planeswalker who can't leave.
It's an interesting idea that i'm sure they've never done before.

E: goddamnit! ^^^^