Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TwoPair posted:

I'm shocked Gerard Way didn't manage to make a pun out of My Chemical Romance and some DC character. Um... My Catwoman Romance? Eh, doesn't work on a metal pun wall.

Batman Annual #1

World's Greatest Detective.

And here Bruce Wayne has been replaced by Sterling Archer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TwoPair posted:

He's not wrong...

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

TwoPair posted:

I'm shocked Gerard Way didn't manage to make a pun out of My Chemical Romance and some DC character. Um... My Catwoman Romance? Eh, doesn't work on a metal pun wall.

My Chemo Romance.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Selachian posted:

My Chemo Romance.

Working title of The Fault in Our Stars?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Chemo/Kal-El Romance :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Lol at his legs.

I didn't realize Ted Rall used to work for DC Comics.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

He's not wrong...

In the last panel he's clearly intensely pondering trying to figure out what it is, if it isn't breakfast.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

The Lone Badger posted:

In the last panel he's clearly intensely pondering trying to figure out what it is, if it isn't breakfast.

Well, it wouldn't do to for the World's Greatest Detective to just make assumptions. All of the evidence needs to be thouroughly weighed and analyzed before coming to a conclusion.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Teenage Fansub posted:

Chemo/Kal-El Romance :)

My Chemical Bat-Dance

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah it made enough sense for people grasping at straws (like how most fan theories are made). The main issue is that it clearly violated the Two Sith rule even if you handwaved away the other complaints (Palpy is always the Master, then you have Maul, Dooku, and Anakin as Apprentices, one for each film).

Palpatine didn't give a poo poo about the Two Sith rule, though. He's had multiple apprentices at a time.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Palpatine didn't give a poo poo about the Two Sith rule, though. He's had multiple apprentices at a time.

That's actually pretty standard in the EU, what isn't (and what the Jar Jar theory claims) is two Sith Lords, since they would just murder the hell out of each other as soon as they sensed the other's touch on the Dark Side.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

Lurdiak posted:

I wanna know what on earth the guy who wrote the book where some robots have to cut corners on Vader's surgery due to budgetary constraints was even going for, if not comedy.

Between those robots and the one in episode 3 that claims padme died from a broken heart I think someone forgot to program actual medical knowledge into medical droids and they've been winging it ever since.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

That's actually pretty standard in the EU, what isn't (and what the Jar Jar theory claims) is two Sith Lords, since they would just murder the hell out of each other as soon as they sensed the other's touch on the Dark Side.

I thought the theory was that Jar Jar was the master and Palpatine the apprentice, who was training his own apprentices in anticipation of taking over. Even without that, it's still more interesting and better thought-through than most of the EU ever was.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Star Wars universe having super-lovely medical care would explain a whole lot about the setting honestly.

I assume that since Bacta exists they just shove 90% of people into tanks and anything that isn't tank-related just ends up getting shunted to badly programmed droids who shrug and go "DIED OF SADNESS."

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Catfishenfuego posted:

Between those robots and the one in episode 3 that claims padme died from a broken heart I think someone forgot to program actual medical knowledge into medical droids and they've been winging it ever since.

I'm loving this image of sith medical droids poking around in Anakin's charred torso going "Well, what about this bit [holding up a ribbon of gristle], does he need that?" "I dunno, it looks like it might be attached to something important- [grabs spleen] definitely doesn't need this though *toss*."

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 27, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Padme dying of a broken heart is very fairy take-ish and pretty appropriate for the series. And tragically, Leia's IRL mom died of a broken heart.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Keeshhound posted:

I'm loving this image of sith medical droids poking around in Anakin's charred torso going "Well, what about this bit [holding up a ribbon of gristle], does he need that?" "I dunno, it looks like it might be attached to something important [grabs spleen] definitely doesn't need this though *toss*."

It's like that saying about seeing everything as a nail if all you have is a hammer. If all you know is robots, you fix up a human by... giving them robot parts.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Lobok posted:

It's like that saying about seeing everything as a nail if all you have is a hammer. If all you know is robots, you fix up a human by... giving them robot parts.

"By the Force, D0-C, we need your help, my daughter is terribly ill, she's burning up!"
"Of course she is, she's got no heatsinks! Don't tell me you've been trying to water cool her all this time!?"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Please post more funny panels and less Star Wars garbage.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

When you can't draw enough Joker faces:

I legitimately miss that (Golden Age? Silver Age?) Joker design. That Jokermobile is ridiculous and I love it.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

ImpAtom posted:

And here Bruce Wayne has been replaced by Sterling Archer.

Are we sure that's not Dick?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Spider-Gwen Annual #1

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Chaos Hippy posted:

Are we sure that's not Dick?

Considering that Alfred calls him Bruce, yes, we are sure.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Unlucky7 posted:

Considering that Alfred calls him Bruce, yes, we are sure.

Alfred's pretty old. We shouldn't fault him for getting his black-haired ubermenschen confused.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Spider-Gwen Annual #1

That whole page is basically made by her pancaking a koala by the back of the head into a car door.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

TwoPair posted:

Spider-Gwen Annual #1

And to think, that Koala used to be a used cars salesman.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

TwoPair posted:

Spider-Gwen Annual #1

Upset that that's not a Deadpool's Guide to Super Villains card in the last panel. C'mon!

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
From The Hellblazer (2016) #5.

Disgusting.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

TwoPair posted:

Batman Annual #1

*Bruce tries to take a bite out of the canine*
*The dog snarls and snaps at him*

Bruce: This breakfast is mean!
Alfred: It's vicious dog.

*Bruce stares blankly*

Alfred: It's supposed to be mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ZGH26llwE

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

redbackground posted:

Upset that that's not a Deadpool's Guide to Super Villains card in the last panel. C'mon!

Real missed opportunity there, I mean it's already almost in the right format!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

CzarChasm posted:

*Bruce tries to take a bite out of the canine*
*The dog snarls and snaps at him*

Bruce: This breakfast is mean!
Alfred: It's vicious dog.

*Bruce stares blankly*

Alfred: It's supposed to be mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ZGH26llwE

Lmao thank you for this

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Spider-Man/Deadpool - Monsters Unleashed Cross-Over

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

redbackground posted:

Spider-Gwen is from an alternate universe, they don't have Deadpool's Guide there.

Poor other universe.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Spider-Gwen is from an alternate universe, they don't have Deadpool's Guide there.

Poor other universe.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Poor other universe.

She spends enough time in 616 to have picked up a pack. :colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

She spends enough time in 616 to have picked up a pack. :colbert:

Yeah, but they'd be completely useless in her own dimension.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

A part of me would love if she instead had a thing of those 1993 Marvel trading cards that I used to trade with all the other my classmates. I still have a binder of those, including that one lucky holographic Spider-Man vs Venom card.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

redbackground posted:

The character is a reference to Cobra Commander, so the card is a GI Joe file card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

IUG posted:

A part of me would love if she instead had a thing of those 1993 Marvel trading cards that I used to trade with all the other my classmates. I still have a binder of those, including that one lucky holographic Spider-Man vs Venom card.

Who the hell is Hardcore???