Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

now that EU sucks and also people may not even be watching the same game people post a lot less.

i am extremely ill and haven't been able to gdt by myself a match between I May and Snake Esports at 4 am while i work

I was really into the idea of EU and NA doing best of 2/3 but now that they're doing it there are so many games that i can't keep up. I can barely watch LCK and LPL which are my two favorite regions. I'd kind of like to see Riot say gently caress it and pull the best three or four teams from each league and just make a global league that plays in Switzerland or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Work Friend Keven posted:

Is the comp league thread basically dead or did everyone go to a discord channel or something.

it still seems decently active during games. i guess people don't post much outside of that anymore which is a shame

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sexpansion posted:

I was really into the idea of EU and NA doing best of 2/3 but now that they're doing it there are so many games that i can't keep up. I can barely watch LCK and LPL which are my two favorite regions. I'd kind of like to see Riot say gently caress it and pull the best three or four teams from each league and just make a global league that plays in Switzerland or something.

they just need to broadcast all week long instead of having 4-16 hours of games on the weekend

the fact that series aren't uniform length and are going on at the same time makes it very hard to follow. an earlier series was almost still broadcasting while a second set nearly ended this past weekend.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Sexpansion posted:

all that being said, the best skin line is making a triumphant return....

the gently caress, I just bought pink Taric. I got ripped off

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Really, we complain that the game is TOO LONG, when we just survived an age where the games were too short...

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The competitive schedule is exhausting to follow right now. I'm highlight watching most stuff (match video summary in like 3-8 minutes per match) and I can't even keep up with that. The gamedays are harder to have discussions on as well because of the dual channel broadcasting cleaving the GDT posting.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

hey methanar how easy is it to get around a permaban, like do you have to change ips or are you just content to make a new account and hop right back on

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

all that being said, the best skin line is making a triumphant return....

When are we getting a speedo skin

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I have a hard time keeping up with just one region right now because in Korea it's 6 days a week now. As a result I don't try watching any others and barely manage to get all the games in for Korea unless I watch them outside of work which doesn't happen

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Neurolimal posted:

i thought pool party draven was in one

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

pog boyfriend posted:

hey methanar how easy is it to get around a permaban, like do you have to change ips or are you just content to make a new account and hop right back on
Depending on how severe your permaban is. They won't IP ban you, but if you're super awful they might end up banning every single new account you make (But this is usual just high profile bans like Apdo or Tyler1)

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Bholder posted:

Really, we complain that the game is TOO LONG, when we just survived an age where the games were too short...

Actually this period of time was really great... The only real problem was that hypercarries and afk farm champions were totally worthless, which is more of a champion design problem.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

How Rude posted:

with experience and Not Being Bronze you will find that they are slightly random and that there is tons of room to outplay your opponent
i have both those things but okay!!

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Neurolimal posted:

As soon as we achieve a 15 page discussion about how a dick bulge doesn't look like that in real life, and there is no way his nuts would sit that low because human anatomy does not work that way, we'll know we've achieved complete gender parity in League of Legends.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
What's the best leona skin? Am I correct in assuming it's Pool Party?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Coca Koala posted:

What's the best leona skin? Am I correct in assuming it's Pool Party?
Yes. Iron Solari is cool too if you like lots of armor and there's PROJECT if you're a massive weeb.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Every leona skin is good

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

pog boyfriend posted:

You go buy someone else's account for like $30-40. Don't buy a freshly botted 30, get an actual account of someone who quit.

IP banning doesn't work because NAT, also regular consumers basically never get static IPs anymore without explicitly purchasing them. They miiiight leave a cookie(not a cookie) file somewhere in your game install folder saying "someone who plays here got perma'd" so it might be a good idea to reinstall league altogether.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Also ranked on Japan is hell bc they all play like japanese people aka everyone is 0/0/0 with 100 cs at 10 minutes

This sounds amazing and Id transfer immediately if it werent for atrocious ping.

Also, Defender is the best Leona skin.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Awpportuity Skin: All you play are utility champs, caster.
Awpportuity Skin: You rely on your team completely.
Awpportuity Skin: You're garbage dude
Ntlv: yup

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I've seen people brag about playing mlg noscope carries, but that may be the first time I've seen someone brag about not playing actually good heroes that can aid their teams.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Methanar posted:

Awpportuity Skin: All you play are utility champs, caster.
Awpportuity Skin: You rely on your team completely.
Awpportuity Skin: You're garbage dude
Ntlv: yup

You'd think people would appreciate team players in a game where everyone - including themselves - is trying to be a star performer.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I haven't played league in a bit, and in my absence two of the people on my ranked team got d4. Now apparently the rest of us have to grind up 3-4 divisions to practice in ranked, while also making sure that neither of them gain elo faster than I do, which I didn't even realize was a thing. I'm probably late to complaining about this, but ugh.

I miss early season 6 dynamic queue. Or ranked teams.

Nazzadan posted:

I go through spurts of getting extremely hyped for HOTS and playing the poo poo out of it then putting it away again.
They reset the ranked ladder so I should probably at least do my placements.

The lack of left click attack move is the single largest obstacle to me playing that game more.

Also, the HotS community feels like it's gotten way more toxic than the League community post beta. Maybe it's because I solo more in HotS, or because the ranked elo system is hosed, or because they're denied the outlet of poo poo-talking the enemy team, but jesus. Recruit Lyte or something.

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013
I'm starting to think spirit visage on Vlad is a trap, at least early game I find I have far more success buying a abyssal if I need MR.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

foutre posted:

Also, the HotS community feels like it's gotten way more toxic than the League community post beta. Maybe it's because I solo more in HotS, or because the ranked elo system is hosed, or because they're denied the outlet of poo poo-talking the enemy team, but jesus. Recruit Lyte or something.
The HoTS community can trashtalk a lot but the difference is I've never seen a dude intentionally feed the enemy team or anything, and the game offers you a one click shortcut to mute your entire team.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Radiantweasel posted:

I'm starting to think spirit visage on Vlad is a trap, at least early game I find I have far more success buying a abyssal if I need MR.
Spirit Visage on Vlad was never about the mad healing bonus on Q, but the boost to total spell vamp you got (since you always built WotA). It's still decent on him if you need more MR but it's definitely not "get this item second" quality any longer.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Protobelt is the secretly awesome first item on Vlad

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

I should try that, I always just rush Rylai's then Zhonya/Abyssal

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Vlad's dream first item is a jungler with hard CC and his dream second item is a team that doesn't feed in the first twenty minutes. After that is complete it doesn't really matter which items he builds as long as they have one of his core stats.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Why the gently caress do we get two more boring rear end white bitches for pool party? This is the loving perfect time to drop illaoi's second skin and a pool party would fit her graphics perfectly be it fountains or foam thingies for her tentacles. Just another slap in the face by riot.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Why the gently caress do we get two more boring rear end white bitches for pool party? This is the loving perfect time to drop illaoi's second skin and a pool party would fit her graphics perfectly be it fountains or foam thingies for her tentacles. Just another slap in the face by riot.

Illaoi is the next urgot/yorick

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Kashuno posted:

Illaoi is the next urgot/yorick

:negative:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Tired Moritz posted:

the gently caress, I just bought pink Taric. I got ripped off

The Pool Party skin has sunglasses that fall down for his ultimate ability. I'm not sure if Pink Taric can recover from such a devastating blow :ohdear:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

It's an insane item, as I've been saying since it was introduced, and will eventually be built on nearly every AP mid until it is nerfed.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

Secret? It's awesome on nearly everyone.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

It's an insane item, as I've been saying since it was introduced, and will eventually be built on nearly every AP mid until it is nerfed.

Don't know if I'd put it on every ap mid but yeah its amazing for the champs that use it well and vlad does loving amazing with it. The only thing that's frustrating is you can charge e while w and you can use proto belt while w but you can't use protobelt while charging e. Minor quibble and it's not like that item needs to be even better than it is frankly.

And yeah vlad is op, build order isn't really important just make sure you get health on most items and prioritize defensive poo poo because he has 10% health scaling on e and he will chunk everyone and never die late.

I get protobelt first unless im against AP in which case I get SV first which will basically remove the ap's ability to do meaningful damage to you. I do really like Abyssal but I think that's better as a later buy personally.

Deadman's plate is also a lot of fun because so long as you don't get stunned/rooted or auto them you'll keep the movement speed boost and it makes it really easy to run circles around people in fights as you E/Q them to death. It's probably not better than many of the alternatives but moving fast is fun imo.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I just got three S+ rank Soraka matches in a row, I feel really bad now but that sweet, sweet elo...

I'm gonna try Protobelt AP Sejuani Mid now because I like gimmicks and Zac and Malphite full AP aren't as strong as they used to be.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Welp for those who complained about Malz. There's some absolutely savage nerfs for him in the PBE.

Those changes will dumpster him if they ever make live but then again I'm still unsure of how you balance malz's kit without breaking him one way or the other.

But this should make the people who hated fighting him happy. Frankly I'm just glad there are so many good ap mids that it doesn't matter if one or two get completely gutted.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I know the reason why (it's because she spills into the great hall the same way she spills into her dress, both taxed to contain her) but it annoys me that Miss Fortune has like ten billion skins and keeps getting more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

I just got three S+ rank Soraka matches in a row, I feel really bad now but that sweet, sweet elo...

I'm gonna try Protobelt AP Sejuani Mid now because I like gimmicks and Zac and Malphite full AP aren't as strong as they used to be.

soraka is either really strong and banned all the time, or really strong and not banned at all for some reason. we're currently in the latter phase and i assume we'll shift over to the former in another two patches

• Locked thread