Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Marluxia posted:

Bad news, buddy...

fixed an issue where chef gregor actually did something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Feels bad to get to QL 7 for tiphereth’s meltdown, roll green midnight for the easiest ordeal, and nothing there breaks out and I can’t suppress it fast enough. It does make me think with my combo of big bird, little red, dream of a black swan and queen of hatred that my facility is too volatile to really handle an apocalypse bird suppression. It hurts that a lot of my earlier choices are TETHs and not so good for training level 4 agents and most of the other abnos are temperamental WAWs.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

hostess with the Moltres posted:

Feels bad to get to QL 7 for tiphereth’s meltdown, roll green midnight for the easiest ordeal, and nothing there breaks out and I can’t suppress it fast enough. It does make me think with my combo of big bird, little red, dream of a black swan and queen of hatred that my facility is too volatile to really handle an apocalypse bird suppression. It hurts that a lot of my earlier choices are TETHs and not so good for training level 4 agents and most of the other abnos are temperamental WAWs.

if Black Swan is breaking out then something else might be going on like tool abno fuckery, because it's really difficult to actually get that thing to breach

e: Nothing There is also(relatively) harmless if you can handle it(and eats everyone if you can't), Queen of Hatred is a problem though. Anyway while you don't keep the agents you do get to keep all your shiny toys/upgrades so get as much as you can then do a restart

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 13, 2024

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

The Pointilists are interesting. I'd say they'll shine in Mirror Dungeons where ego gifts to splash various status effects are plentiful enough.
Think N-Corp in particular would like em as honorary 7th/8th members... But those slots would have stiff competition as it is.
As benchwarmers however, they still seem good for keeping SP up during longer fights/dungeons.
gonna have to futz around, see what I.D.'s they get along with. Blade Lineage Faust for one, perhaps?

e: wish we knew what resonance/sin the supports wanted

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Arcanuse posted:

The Pointilists are interesting. I'd say they'll shine in Mirror Dungeons where ego gifts to splash various status effects are plentiful enough.
Think N-Corp in particular would like em as honorary 7th/8th members... But those slots would have stiff competition as it is.
As benchwarmers however, they still seem good for keeping SP up during longer fights/dungeons.
gonna have to futz around, see what I.D.'s they get along with. Blade Lineage Faust for one, perhaps?

e: wish we knew what resonance/sin the supports wanted

Wingbeat Ishmael is going to loving love them.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Marluxia posted:

Wingbeat Ishmael is going to loving love them.

Yeah I'm not actually sure who gets to stay on my bleed team now lol. Ahab Ishmael, Harpooncliff, the two pointies, probably blade Faust because fluid sac I just can't quit you, and... hook lu? pequod yisang? pirate gregor? chef ryoshu? kuro ryoshu?

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Goatse James Bond posted:

Yeah I'm not actually sure who gets to stay on my bleed team now lol. Ahab Ishmael, Harpooncliff, the two pointies, probably blade Faust because fluid sac I just can't quit you, and... hook lu? pequod yisang? pirate gregor? chef ryoshu? kuro ryoshu?

I feel like Hook Lu is really good for it, but I also dunno about running Ahab in it unless you're going for the full Pequod triple. For me it'll probably involve the Pointilists and Mid Don, Hook Lu, Rhino Meursault, Twinhooks Gregor. There's also something to be said for Grippy Faust because Nails is a Unique Bleed, and actually now that I think of it I wonder if there's an N+Ring combo pack that could be fun...

Also people seriously underestimate Rhinosault (well let's be honest a lot of people underestimate everything because they're short-viewed maximalist damage goblins, but that's besides the point) on Bleed. Possible +4 bleed count Skill 2 (still +2 count when inactive), +6 bleed count Skill 3 after a very short ramp, insanely fast charge buildup at UT4. His clashes aren't stupidly overblown but they're not bad by any means, and he's thick as hell so he can just soak for a while to generate Charge if he's got coin 1s to burn.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
The solution is to have two Bleed teams on standby, one with more or less pure Bleeders and one with the Bleed + Poisers.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

My bleed team is still 6 n corp units and my poise team id Blade Lineage because I do dumb things to have fun.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Theantero posted:

The solution is to have two Bleed teams on standby, one with more or less pure Bleeders and one with the Bleed + Poisers.

Bloisers.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

So hot take cause I think I'm gonna do my first MD4H run with Burn team cause I got them levelled for Fairy Festival:

Liu Mersault, Liu Gregor, extra Philclair slot or extra DOutis slot?

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

So hot take cause I think I'm gonna do my first MD4H run with Burn team cause I got them levelled for Fairy Festival:

Liu Mersault, Liu Gregor, extra Philclair slot or extra DOutis slot?

I do Mersault myself because in human fights it's worth the +1 action to me to run a Liu boy, and Meursault because of Regret being fueled just fine and he does some fire spreading and count himself for the early game before you've got a lot of gifts. I think mersault also brings sloth skills which Hong Lu doesn't.

As for focused encounters, I'm never so underpowered that I feel like I need to drop somebody for more actions on better units, so I just stick with a full man team out of momentum. If I was going to re organize for a boss fight, I'd go extra philclair, he still builds faster than Outis.

On some level this is all moot though, because it's not terribly hard now to get glimpse of the flame and the burnt mask, and go "haha explode" while dragging some weaklinks.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Meursault Capote is also a perfectly serviceable burn ego and payoff.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 14, 2024

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Outis. If you have LCCB Ryoshu, you can get a triple kill on the Fairy Masses with her 7th bullet, so it's the easiest way to complete that mission.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

quote is not edit

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

RandomReader posted:

full man team

Yeah, I've never had fights feel any worse with 6-man teams well-constructed, compared to 4-5 man teams with spare slots that are slow to come online. It also helps that a lot of status setups really do want a broad mix of characters from Potency applicators, Count markers, and exploiters (who can also double up in a category).

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

last day of walpurgis, get in your last-second unwise lunacy decisions while you can.

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack
I blew my entire Lunacy load on trying to get Sinphilip and nothing, at least I will be able to Dispense him another day. The feeling of having actually no gacha currency in a gacha game feels bad man.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ariamaki posted:

I feel like Hook Lu is really good for it, but I also dunno about running Ahab in it unless you're going for the full Pequod triple. For me it'll probably involve the Pointilists and Mid Don, Hook Lu, Rhino Meursault, Twinhooks Gregor. There's also something to be said for Grippy Faust because Nails is a Unique Bleed, and actually now that I think of it I wonder if there's an N+Ring combo pack that could be fun...

Also people seriously underestimate Rhinosault (well let's be honest a lot of people underestimate everything because they're short-viewed maximalist damage goblins, but that's besides the point) on Bleed. Possible +4 bleed count Skill 2 (still +2 count when inactive), +6 bleed count Skill 3 after a very short ramp, insanely fast charge buildup at UT4. His clashes aren't stupidly overblown but they're not bad by any means, and he's thick as hell so he can just soak for a while to generate Charge if he's got coin 1s to burn.

While Ahab doesn't contribute much to Bleed she does get some boosts from it and Bleed is so ID-starved that there's no real downside to bringing her along.

Rhino Meursault's pretty good but his main issue is that neither side of his kit meshes particularly well. He doesn't get the oomph that other Charge IDs do from their big payoff and being shackled to Charge Count/speed rolls makes his infliction a lot more unwieldy than it seems. He's definitely worth keeping around, he's just Weird.

Goatse James Bond posted:

my current jank Bleed team is the Pequod 000s, Hook Lu, Kuro Ryoshu, R Meursault and N Faust.

Hook Hong Lu, and it goes without saying for PM's favorite son, is a great ID(at 6+ speed) with some alright Count infliction and Kuro Ryoshu is a Bleed Count machine(unconditional +3 with both s2 and 3, also s1 inflicts 3 paralyze which isn't that useful but is very funny when it works out).

e:

Koboje posted:

I blew my entire Lunacy load on trying to get Sinphilip and nothing, at least I will be able to Dispense him another day. The feeling of having actually no gacha currency in a gacha game feels bad man.

That sucks. I got him and 2 announcers(which I never use) but never saw either EGO.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 15, 2024

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Finished the last few Walpurgis missions I had left, and I don't think that I have ever bothered to ramp up Magic Bullet Outis to 7 Magic Bullets before. It, uuuh, packs quite a punch. :stare:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

congrats to pointy yi sang for being the strongest rupture ID

e: also he's an evil fucker. Outis too, these might be some of the nastiest IDs we've had in a while.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 16, 2024

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Yi Sang and Outis respectively.

Let's see...Middle Don and Nclair both inflict extra status reliably (Vengeance Mark and Burn respectively) so they're both at least FUNCTIONAL in a Bleed team, and they'd also be really good with Nails/Maggots application from someone else in the party...But their Count application is anemic so Bleed is still bad, and Yi Sang needs a LOT of Count for that coin power. RIP.

But oh man those S2s will hit like a loving truck if you've got Bleed, Vengeance and Burn up on someone. They're going to be terrifying in MD.

Edit: Also, Yi Sang's support passive:

That's up to 9 SP per hit! 18 per turn!

[Wingbeat memes intensify]

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 16, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

my hot takes: Yi Sang is about what you'd expect. Base chance to reuse his S2 is 40% which isn't bad, and he inflicts enough random Count that Rupture/Sinking won't vanish until the end of his attack. S3 is anemic(for an 000 S3) until the enemy has some Bleed on them but S1/2 are fine bleedless. Can potentially inflict a nutty amount of Bleed Count with his slot machine but probably won't.

His support passive is locked at twice per turn to destroy your Wingbeat dreams though the amount it heals has some nutty potential on that front.

Outis: Liu Ryoshu but for Bleed, wants the enemy at 6 Bleed at least at all times(and gets a bit extra for 10+). Lacks Count infliction for some reason.

These two are obviously MD monsters and are likely decent outside of it depending on what you're fighting.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Uhhhhh, did anyone just get way too much Starlight 'returned' to them after the weekly update? I suddenly have 1500 starlight and I don't think that's right.

EDIT: I should have started with about 300-400 starlight because I remember I was planning to buy a specific starter buff but I forgot after my last run, but getting over 1000 starlight is, a lot. So I'm not touching it.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 16, 2024

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

PetraCore posted:

Uhhhhh, did anyone just get way too much Starlight 'returned' to them after the weekly update? I suddenly have 1500 starlight and I don't think that's right.

EDIT: I should have started with about 300-400 starlight because I remember I was planning to buy a specific starter buff but I forgot after my last run, but getting over 1000 starlight is, a lot. So I'm not touching it.

It's refunding the cost for the entire chain of starlight from the center node to gathering storm, that's 5 nodes that are at least 100, but more around 2-300 starlight, AND all the sub nodes for those nodes. The sub nodes for the starting pool are 75, of which there are 10, and the ones for universal cost are 100, 200, and 300, though I don't remember exactly the cost of the main nodes. It's a lot of loving starlight.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PetraCore posted:

yeah It should be +525 if you bought them all, I have 1313 and uh i'm pretty sure i did not have that much -500 beforehand

e: oh forgot the slash/pierce/blunt categories, never bought those though

e:

RandomReader posted:

It's refunding the cost for the entire chain of starlight from the center node to gathering storm, that's 5 nodes that are at least 100, but more around 2-300 starlight, AND all the sub nodes for those nodes. The sub nodes for the starting pool are 75, and the ones for universal cost are 100, 200, and 300, though I don't remember exactly the cost of the main nodes. It's a lot of loving starlight.

I thought they were just refunding the starting gift category unlocks but it's the whole line??? oh baby

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 16, 2024

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

PetraCore posted:

Well, each run is about 200ish starlight. And they gave you 200 to begin with. If you spent that all on the EGO gift items, then...

Alternately, ProjMoon might have just given everyone the total value of the now-free nodes, not the amount they actually spent. :lobcorp:

EDIT: I now have 503 Starlight. This matches the ~350 I spent plus my last earnings from the Mirror Dungeon. We gucci.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Yinlock posted:

yeah It should be +525 if you bought them all, I have 1313 and uh i'm pretty sure i did not have that much -500 beforehand

e: oh forgot the slash/pierce/blunt categories, never bought those though

e:

I thought they were just refunding the starting gift category unlocks but it's the whole line??? oh baby
Oh yeah, that'd do it, since I focused on getting that entire line asap.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I can't even play right now because the game client needs an update and it just... won't do that?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Solitair posted:

I can't even play right now because the game client needs an update and it just... won't do that?

You need to get the client from the app store or Steam. It doesn't update itself.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

had a whole lot of :words: here, but in short I agree PointYi-Sang and Outis will indeed be terrors of the Mirror Dungeons, with PointYi-Sang working as a more reliable, glasscannon version of Harpooncliff.
which, currently running a monopierce/bleed crew-
(the Pointy's, Pequod Heathcliff/Ishmael, Hook Lu, and a Kurokumo Ryoshu shortly dropped so Yi-Sang gets a second attack)
-that once it got off the ground, it's been great.
(now I just need to see how Gifts/Passives interact with the Pointilists random potency/count applications. could be disgusting, could be nada)

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Arcanuse posted:

had a whole lot of :words: here, but in short I agree PointYi-Sang and Outis will indeed be terrors of the Mirror Dungeons, with PointYi-Sang working as a more reliable, glasscannon version of Harpooncliff.
which, currently running a monopierce/bleed crew-
(the Pointy's, Pequod Heathcliff/Ishmael, Hook Lu, and a Kurokumo Ryoshu shortly dropped so Yi-Sang gets a second attack)
-that once it got off the ground, it's been great.
(now I just need to see how Gifts/Passives interact with the Pointilists random potency/count applications. could be disgusting, could be nada)

Apparently all their random afflictions count for burn, rupture etc. gifts, so they're loving nightmares.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

RandomReader posted:

Apparently all their random afflictions count for burn, rupture etc. gifts, so they're loving nightmares.

Wait, so you're saying they can benefit from Soothe the Dead and Bloody Rags at the same time? If so lol, lmao even.

Edit: wait nvm, forgot you need X units of that type and the only Burn/Bleed ones are them and Ahab but that would have been hilarious.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Wait, so you're saying they can benefit from Soothe the Dead and Bloody Rags at the same time? If so lol, lmao even.

Edit: wait nvm, forgot you need X units of that type and the only Burn/Bleed ones are them and Ahab but that would have been hilarious.
And Nclair!

Only one more bleed/burn unit before Exodia can be formed. Actually no wait if you bring the two Ring units, Ahab, Nclair, one Burn unit and one Bleed unit you can make it work.

It's Exodia time baby.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

They would need either three Burn+Bleed I.D.'s, or two Burn+Bleed, one Burn, and a Bleed I.D. to pull it off, which... Captain Ishmael is about it for Burn/Bleed, I think?
same "technically a Burn I.D." deal that got Blade Sinclair on Bleed/Poise teams

fake e: oh right N-Sinclair exists. so yeah, pick your Burner and Bleeder of choice and have fun :kheldragar:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
E: Actually, nvm, I got the IDs switched around in my head and thought Outis was the 000. I clearly need my coffee.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 10:15 on May 16, 2024

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Aumanor posted:

I wish you extremely good luck getting them both.

Hot take, but isn't Outis kinda poo poo? Unga Bunga mentality, I know, but look at those coin values, modified 14 on S1, alright, serviceable, modified 15 on her S2, okaaaay, maybe her S3's great to compensaaanope, conditional 18. I've seen better numbers on 00s. And at only 2 coins on each skill even Bloody Rags don't help her as much as some other IDs.
Yeah, she is kinda poo poo. Her main draw is a beefy +5 bleed count on her S2 if you get the double proc.

But at least she's better than Kurokumo Ryoshu.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

GilliamYaeger posted:

And Nclair!

Only one more bleed/burn unit before Exodia can be formed. Actually no wait if you bring the two Ring units, Ahab, Nclair, one Burn unit and one Bleed unit you can make it work.

It's Exodia time baby.

I, uuuh... completely forgot Nclair had a single Bleed application on his S3. And with Philclair you can move NClair to Bleed with no issue besides not synergizing with the Pierce units?

The real issue is finding a Burn unit that can be taken away from Burn and doesn't suck rear end like the Liu boys.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
I sincerely wish the best of luck to all you fine people planning to pick up two specific Burn gifts and two specific Bleed gifts on the same run, none of which you can start with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Aumanor posted:

I sincerely wish the best of luck to all you fine people planning to pick up two specific Burn gifts and two specific Bleed gifts on the same run, none of which you can start with.
It definitely won't be easy to pull off, but at least it'll be possible by abusing the new fusion system. You'd basically need to go all-in on fusion.