Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Guys I think i'm gonna get my 60 bucks worth on this one...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Putting down my summon sign next to commander o'neil gets me summoned in 5 seconds every time lmao rip

Just trying to show my skeleton brothers we can coward this one out shooting magic at him from a branch :getin:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Down there is only pain. gently caress that thing.

You get there by the bonfire by the fire birds.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
How gimped am I by the heavy load debuff? I know it makes my roll slower but Should I be focusing on lighter armor or pumping endurance? Is the trade off for faster rolling worth it?

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

i'm actually getting annoyed seeing how much other stuff is in stormveil because i ran through it and beat the boss in the space of like 20 minutes. i really didn't take my time and appreciate that place and now it feels pointless. i will slow down now. even if i feel like i could beat a boss, i'll hold off until i've explored more.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

I've murdered Hogwarts and visited an interesting group of portals. Portal 2 was pretty underwhelming compared to 1.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Orv posted:

When you're on the raised area above that enemy there's a bridge that goes to a stonesword room, jump off that bridge to the right.

Thanks!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Somehow I never entered Stormveil castle but I've explored much of what is north of it. I have no idea how I got there. GotY

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Regarding that room with the grotesque face and the enemy that appears down there, there's a particular balcony accessible with a swordstone key that gives you a perfect view of that thing just chilling there, perfectly framed, that really looks like you're supposed to do a plunging attack and one-shot it like the Ancient Wyvern in Dark Souls 3.

Do not attempt it. :negative:

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Got started yesterday and I've been running around in circles for something like six hours trying to find some first-tier upgrade materials other than the first piece you get and coming up empty. Would rather like to not be hitting enemies and/or Margit with a wet noodle, any suggestions on where to go? I could probably headbutt my way through Margit if I grind that fight for another three hours but I feel like that isn't the intended route even though it is literally the one that's signposted.

I've been to Morne Castle, I've been to the underground city. Nothing here feels level-appropriate.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Books On Tape posted:

How gimped am I by the heavy load debuff? I know it makes my roll slower but Should I be focusing on lighter armor or pumping endurance? Is the trade off for faster rolling worth it?

Slow roll is basically useless which can be ok until you fight any of the many bosses who make shield tanking a huge pain. Further rolling gives you I-frames while getting up from a knockdown state/exit that state early whereas you will 100% die if you think "oh I'll just do like enemies do and start blocking the second I stand back up"

Im baffled that the game still removes your lock on when you stab something and it lives.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

took down rennala in 2 tries. i really wish the controller with back paddles i had didnt get stick drift before this came out because the amount claw gripping i have to do on my dualshock for these bosses is insane.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
I started a wretch, I'm bad at Dark Souls, and I'm finding souls a bit hard to come by. The guys in the woods around the castle are tough but drop chump change. Where can I go to farm some levels in early game?

And where can I find some clothes?

The first and only boss I managed to beat was a magic skeleton in a rowboat. This game rules.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Vintersorg posted:

Down there is only pain. gently caress that thing.

You get there by the bonfire by the fire birds.

Which place is that? Despite my instincts saying I want nothing to do with what's down there my insatiable curiosity demands I investigate.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

beep by grandpa posted:

Putting down my summon sign next to commander o'neil gets me summoned in 5 seconds every time lmao rip

Just trying to show my skeleton brothers we can coward this one out shooting magic at him from a branch :getin:

Dude was a brick wall for me until I realized "oh yeah I can use my horse here" which more or less trivializes him.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

If anyones unhappy with the game, pony up two bills and buy a used switch and botw.

This game is an 8.5 for me. Botw is a certified ten.

I could write ten paragraphs explaining why. But just play the poo poo and see for yourself.

Metacritic score the same as botw though? Nicca pleaze.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

Dude was a brick wall for me until I realized "oh yeah I can use my horse here" which more or less trivializes him.

Yeah, dude literally just slowly walks around the arena whilst you run circles around him with torrent.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
So this will be a dumb question: How do I use my animal friend ghost summons? I've got the wolves and a lonely jellyfish, and a key item summoning bell, but when I equip the animals as items they're greyed out and I thought I tried equipping the bell itself and couldn't. How to do.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ChocNitty posted:

If anyones unhappy with the game, pony up two bills and buy a used switch and botw.

I could write ten paragraphs explaining why. But just play the poo poo and see for yourself.

this game might be even better than botw imo tbqh

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

ChocNitty posted:

Elden Ring has way more in common with the non-BotW Zelda games than it does with BotW. It's like if someone took Link to the Past, Dragon's Dogma, and Morrowind/Oblivion, and put them all into a mixer with Dark Souls. The main similarities with Breath of the Wild seem to be:

- horse
- map pin you can see

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Sapozhnik posted:

Got started yesterday and I've been running around in circles for something like six hours trying to find some first-tier upgrade materials other than the first piece you get and coming up empty. Would rather like to not be hitting enemies and/or Margit with a wet noodle, any suggestions on where to go? I could probably headbutt my way through Margit if I grind that fight for another three hours but I feel like that isn't the intended route even though it is literally the one that's signposted.

I've been to Morne Castle, I've been to the underground city. Nothing here feels level-appropriate.

There's a dungeon in the Weeping Peninsula that's a mine, it's got heaps of Smithing Stones [1]. It's in the canyon with all the tombstones on the sides, under the ridge with the permanent lightning storm, near to that cluster of like 5 mega-flowers. You can only approach it from the north or maybe northwest.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

ChocNitty posted:

BotW gets minus four points for weapon durability so it's a 6 out of 10 at best, these are just facts.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

No one cares

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Don't forget, mines are little red splotches on the map so as you uncover new zones you can always find them.

Blood Slash is ridiculously unbalanced versus its cost and cast speed, that is getting nerfed there is no way that stays.

Breath of the Wild is a bad game, this is at least good, even if its got some issues

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

goferchan posted:

If you would like confirmation on this either way

Can now confirm all those things, though I have nfi how many there are in the world.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Which place is that? Despite my instincts saying I want nothing to do with what's down there my insatiable curiosity demands I investigate.

In the godrick castle. At the bonfire by the fire birds you go down by the bats and keep going down and down, find rats. Then… you find… you’ll see.

Good luck

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Breath Of The Wild has like 5 enemy types, which has got to hurt its score also

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Kazzah posted:

There's a dungeon in the Weeping Peninsula that's a mine, it's got heaps of Smithing Stones [1]. It's in the canyon with all the tombstones on the sides, under the ridge with the permanent lightning storm, near to that cluster of like 5 mega-flowers. You can only approach it from the north or maybe northwest.

Barudak posted:

Don't forget, mines are little red splotches on the map so as you uncover new zones you can always find them.

Blood Slash is ridiculously unbalanced versus its cost and cast speed, that is getting nerfed there is no way that stays.

Breath of the Wild is a bad game, this is at least good, even if its got some issues

Excellent, will check it out. Thanks!

Also where is Godrick Castle at?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Boy I sure do have a lot of crafting materials and have never crafted anything ever

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ChocNitty posted:

BotW is a 6 at best. ER is a 9. Point off for crafting

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Barudak posted:

i'm so glad to be in at a time when they haven't realised that they accidentally left in some good attacks

bloody slash and hoarfrost stomp are carrying me right now. the stomp is especially fun - i wanted an AOE attack for a long time to deal with all these annoying little mobs. now i just stamp and watch them all fall down!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Frankston posted:

Yeah, dude literally just slowly walks around the arena whilst you run circles around him with torrent.

Anytime I run across one of those trumpet assholes who summons like 4 friends to try and gangstomp me... 1 2 3 4 5 horse time baby :horse:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sapozhnik posted:

Excellent, will check it out. Thanks!

Also where is Godrick Castle at?

Its Stormveil Castle and its the thing behind Margit. Do not worry about Margit until you have at least a +3 weapon and feel like your build is coming into its own. I had already opened up the Atlas plateau before I ever fought him, you're not in a rush.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
This game is a 10 just for the streamer meltdowns.

I can't even fathom how vain you gotta be to ban people suggesting summons when it's clear after two hours at the same boss you're getting nowhere.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Feb 28, 2022

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

drunken officeparty posted:

Boy I sure do have a lot of crafting materials and have never crafted anything ever

you probably should, there's a lot of good consumables and there's no reason not to

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Will do, thanks for the help

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I guess I expected the Two Fingers to be some kind of metaphor or something i guess ✌️

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 28, 2022

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

gently caress draconic tree sentinel. wtf is that one shot lightning poo poo in phase 2

Orv
May 4, 2011
Nokis why does your mom let you have two eternal cities?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Takes No Damage posted:

So this will be a dumb question: How do I use my animal friend ghost summons? I've got the wolves and a lonely jellyfish, and a key item summoning bell, but when I equip the animals as items they're greyed out and I thought I tried equipping the bell itself and couldn't. How to do.
You need to "use" the animal item. Summoning spirits costs FP, so if the item is greyed out you may not have enough.