Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

: Ending with Mio Kisaragi

Had my heart set on Mio from the beginning so I’m glad it worked out. Got into a first-class university too and I thought it was cute that it modifies the ending to talk about my guy and Mio going to college together. Really loved this game, which I wasn’t expecting—I’ve played and really enjoyed games in other genres that have light dating sim elements like Stardew Valley/Story of Seasons or the newer Fire Emblem games etc but never a pure dating sim like this. Good pick!

I think I agree with arch nemesis that que sera sera and welcome deserve a plat for landing Shiori, I wasn’t even aiming for her and was still intimidated by the requirements to do it, I had my guy pretty well-rounded, easily passing all the tests, good fitness and looks, etc and Yoshio still read me the riot act about everything I was lacking to impress her lol

Mio is struck with horror upon seeing Impo and, before fainting, manages to fling her 1,056-page hardcover copy of The Essential Goethe at him, splattering him beyond repair and killing him instantly.

did you get the scene with mio crying at the movies its so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

elf help book posted:

haters not playing the good game.....

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

did you get the scene with mio crying at the movies its so good

Yeah I did, it was really cute. I of course told her that she did not look better without her glasses

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

: Beat the game
: Beat Extra Game mode

played on my nintendo wii u because i had a copy i hadnt beaten on it. i forgot they made the virtual console games look like poo poo on this thing

yeah there's been better kirby games made since and it doesn't run great but it's still a drat classic. always good to play again. kirby savagely kicks impo's rear end, after which they become good friends. impo is now a recurring character in future games. same as it ever was

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mycophobia posted:

wow nice spoilers

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
happy new year from australia, imp club

you forced me to play more games when i was in a playing-the-same-game hole and i am eternally grateful

here's to more random games being played in 2023!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

The Kins posted:

you forced me to play more games when i was in a playing-the-same-game hole and i am eternally grateful

:cheerdoge:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bro you absolutely deserve this *hands you the keys to a brand new harley*

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Kins posted:

yeah i'd likely be stuck in gaming ennui if i didnt hop aboard Game Club a few months back. fantastic way to play games i havent even heard of before & even get into series like Dragon Quest. :cheerdoge: happy new year to you, Kins, & all other aussie Imps

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Kins posted:

:cheerdoge:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Excited for year 2

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

game club kicks so much rear end, major kudos to bbg for bringin it back and sub for makin it epic

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1609221902232596484?s=46&t=u0HIFsgtyryzPgqUSNQdTA

The GOAT. Nothing more to say really. Doing warpless was a good reminder of how much insanely cool poo poo this game introduced.

: Beat the game without using any Warps

The angry sun buttfucks Impo, vaporizing him.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1609222188112179200?s=46&t=u0HIFsgtyryzPgqUSNQdTA

Conflicting feelings between just how sick the music and overall design of this game vs how absolutely miserable it feels to pinball off of random traffic on lap 5. Thank you blessed Impmas gods for allowing me to beat this on beginner mode and still get a trophy.

: Win all 3 Leagues

Impo forgets to hold down during a big jump and comes crashing down on the mode 7 wasteland, exploding.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1609222085704048640?s=46&t=u0HIFsgtyryzPgqUSNQdTA

As an SMB3 fan I don’t have much to say about SMW. Graphics and controls own I guess, but the levels just aren’t there and it’s way way too easy. I will say that it’s sick you can access Star World so early on. I banged both these challenges out in like 40 minutes at 1am while watching Uncle Buck at my parent’s place.

: Bring Autumn to Dinosaur Land

Impo is fed to a baby yoshi.

Sick game. Never played it as a kid but it’s everything I’d expect from a SNES Turtles beat ‘em up. Feel like I would have appreciated a lot of the references in Shredder’s Revenge if I’d had played this before.

: Beat the game on Normal
: Clear all 3 Time Trials

Impo says no anchovies on his pizza, which causes Michaelangelo to bash his brains in leaving him in a permanent vegetative state.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1609219403056558082?s=46&t=u0HIFsgtyryzPgqUSNQdTA

Absolute dogshit game. I love Kirby but this is just not fun to play. The slowdown makes the last third of the game borderline unplayable. I looked up what extra mode was and immediately turned it off.

Kirby effortlessly destroys Impo’s entire existence and then does a cute little jig afterwards.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

American McGay posted:

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1609221902232596484?s=46&t=u0HIFsgtyryzPgqUSNQdTA

The GOAT. Nothing more to say really. Doing warpless was a good reminder of how much insanely cool poo poo this game introduced.

: Beat the game without using any Warps

The angry sun buttfucks Impo, vaporizing him.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1609222188112179200?s=46&t=u0HIFsgtyryzPgqUSNQdTA

Conflicting feelings between just how sick the music and overall design of this game vs how absolutely miserable it feels to pinball off of random traffic on lap 5. Thank you blessed Impmas gods for allowing me to beat this on beginner mode and still get a trophy.

: Win all 3 Leagues

Impo forgets to hold down during a big jump and comes crashing down on the mode 7 wasteland, exploding.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1609222085704048640?s=46&t=u0HIFsgtyryzPgqUSNQdTA

As an SMB3 fan I don’t have much to say about SMW. Graphics and controls own I guess, but the levels just aren’t there and it’s way way too easy. I will say that it’s sick you can access Star World so early on. I banged both these challenges out in like 40 minutes at 1am while watching Uncle Buck at my parent’s place.

: Bring Autumn to Dinosaur Land

Impo is fed to a baby yoshi.

Sick game. Never played it as a kid but it’s everything I’d expect from a SNES Turtles beat ‘em up. Feel like I would have appreciated a lot of the references in Shredder’s Revenge if I’d had played this before.

Impo says no anchovies on his pizza, which causes Michaelangelo to bash his brains in leaving him in a permanent vegetative state.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1609219403056558082?s=46&t=u0HIFsgtyryzPgqUSNQdTA

Absolute dogshit game. I love Kirby but this is just not fun to play. The slowdown makes the last third of the game borderline unplayable. I looked up what extra mode was and immediately turned it off.

Kirby effortlessly destroys Impo’s entire existence and then does a cute little jig afterwards.

devastating combo attack

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
: Beat Castle of Illusion (Saturn or Genesis)

: Beat Quackshot (Saturn or Genesis)

: Beat both games on the Sega Saturn

I remembered castle of illusion being good as a kid but it's not very good, Quackshot on the other hand I'd never played before and is awesome. It's looking like too little too late, but let's try to save impo still

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That reminds me @sub it’s not an Impmas thing but I beat both those Disney games on a Saturn emulator but I didn’t get the plat trophy (I probably didn’t mention it at the time) :cheerdoge:

----------------

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
laughing at bobs trophy case again

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

: Beat any game of your choice (Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!)

going out for NYE shortly so this'll be it for me. in keeping with the impmas spirit i used the code that turns all the bonus game bananas into presents and poo poo.

it's still DKC 3 though lol. it's alright, DKC2 definitely the best of the three though.

the main issue is that kiddy kong is an abomination and must be killed, along with impo

looking forward to MMX in the new year and joining in more!

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

: Clear the first dungeon

Wasn't paying attention and my +5 bone rapier broke. This game is rough Kill Impo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

That Little Demon posted:

laughing at bobs trophy case again

adding extra wide super metroid and starfox 64 before the 1st.

----------------

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Vadun posted:

Only managed to find 1 secret exit, but I beat it. Turtle zone didn't seem too bad

Looks like this Trophy got missed.

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Feels a lot more fair than most beat-em-ups

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

American McGay posted:

That reminds me @sub it’s not an Impmas thing but I beat both those Disney games on a Saturn emulator but I didn’t get the plat trophy (I probably didn’t mention it at the time) :cheerdoge:

Vadun posted:

Looks like this Trophy got missed.

got these added thanks :cheerdoge:

this last batch also puts us at exactly 400 Impmas trophies earned

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

I don't know how the top time is even possible. Kill Impo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Turns out the basketball chad save I took at the beginning of year 3 of my Yumi run was perfect for getting like everyone I had met except Shiori. It rubbed off on Yoshio too, he always ended up with someone at the end of the game.

: Ending with Megumi Mikihara
: Ending with Saki Nijino
: Ending with Yuko Asahina

Looking very grim for Impo, but still, save him. I'm sure mbt has like 20 trophies saved up

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

: Beat a third game of your choice (Metal: Hellsinger)

this game fuckin whips rear end. i was already sold on the premise of FPS+rhythm game and it delivered. i haven't played any rhythm games since Guitar Hero in like a decade if that even counts, but it was easy enough to slot into a tempo and just slay demons for that sweet sweet 16x multiplier, probably thanks to playing an instrument myself. it takes a lot of cues from DOOM 2016 down to stuff like battle arenas, takedown kills for health, etc but it works in its favor since it's really arcade-y and none of the stages nor the game really overstay their welcome. the final boss is sick as hell but i wish the preceding bosses were more unique and not just copy/paste derivatives. the story is w/e and i could've done without the quipping from the southern drawl skull sidekick/weapon, in addition to the godawful final line from the final boss "when you get to Heaven, give them HELL". still tho, an addictive adrenaline rush and exactly the game i would've made in high school. also being a massive metalhead i was soypointing mentally every time a stage started and the song for it had like Serj Tankian or Dennis Lyxzen on vocals lol

Impo gets riddled with dual revolver bullets in time with 4/4 melodic death metal

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
: Beat any game of your choice

I beat Lego Star Wars. Save Impo.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

The Kins posted:

couldn't have said it better myself. game club also made me revisit classics i loved back then. always a good time to look forward to the next game every week or so.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

: Beat the NES game
: Don't fall down a single trap floor

Leave Impo to the mercy of Coward the Duck.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Izgc saved me money because I didn't have time to play new games lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

herculon posted:

: Get the best ending

Always a blast
Kill Impo

nice work

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Fungah! posted:

game club kicks so much rear end, major kudos to bbg for bringin it back and sub for makin it epic

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

we're hosting tonight so don't think i'll have time for any more trophies. maybe i can squeeze in the rest of the 2nd astro boy trophy. impmas and IZGC ftw, looking forward to another full clear of mega man x1 tomorrow

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
: Ending with Yuina Himoo

Went for yuina from the start and somehow succeeded. I didn't realize you had to ask yoshio for girls' numbers until the first bomb threat that turned into four bomb threats made me ask someone lol

I don't think I have time to do another full run, but glad I got one in. Save impo with what'll probably be my last trophy 🙏

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

: Beat a third game of your choice

Picked Cybernator as my last freestyle game. Still a classic even though the localization baka gaijin excised most of the character art by Satoshi Urushihara, the renowned "Master of Breasts".

As I completed all mission objectives, the good ending is achieved, Saving Impo .

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Fungah! posted:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

game club ruled hard. tried to finish up super metroid but had a way busier holiday than anticipated. really happy trying a bunch of new and different stuff over the year. highlight still is def metal gear 2

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fungah! posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fungah! posted: