Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Breetai posted:

It's amazing how all of those games are ubiquitous but only one isn't bad.

Except Angry Birds was just a Crush The Castle clone, so really, all of those games were bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

A 3DO successor that failed to exist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panasonic_M2

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Kinda neat. Surprised I didn't hear about it. I remember reading a blurb about the Indrema from way back and it seemed incredible and too good to be true. It was definitely one of those

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s a highway

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Byzantine posted:

My ability to process the passage of time broke in March 2020 and hasn't fixed itself yet.

Hmm that’s a little worrying but it’s only been a couple months, if it still hasn’t fixed itself by July or August then maybe go see a doctor.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

not much, what's m2 with you

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

not much, what's m2 with you

Not much m8

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Byzantine posted:

When you're talking about collectibles, "vintage" is anything older then 20 years.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Why are people constantly surprised that time passes??

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

induction

i was always one of the young, energetic, trend-setting people, and nothing about me changed, so i must still be one of those people. who are all these people and what is this dumb poo poo they're doing? must be some stupid fad, because i don't get it

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Don't the kids still like these though? Or at least 3 card packs showed up in the "Best Halloween non-candy treats" thread

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Yeah, pokemon cards are still huge with kids.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I have tried to order coffee in central Berlin cafés and they didn't speak German, so this guide is spot on.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Yeah, they're all Australians.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

No one likes thinking/feeling they’ve become old

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Philippe posted:

Jeez, they were right about immigrants being criminals

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Taeke posted:

Yeah, pokemon cards are still huge with kids.

They're actually the same size, children are just small so the cards can seem a bit bigger.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

cock hero flux posted:

induction

i was always one of the young, energetic, trend-setting people, and nothing about me changed, so i must still be one of those people. who are all these people and what is this dumb poo poo they're doing? must be some stupid fad, because i don't get it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMm4d65YG0Y

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Philippe posted:

Please trigger warning that poo poo

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

cock hero flux posted:

induction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DlTexEXxLQ

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Kheldarn posted:

Except Angry Birds was just a Crush The Castle clone, so really, all of those games were bad.

Not to mention the many Doom clones on the list.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
It's amazing when you think about it that 'Wannabe' by the spice girls is a quarter of a century old.

or at least it was, two years ago.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

There's a version of this floating around with ideas about what stuff should cost for maximum grumpy old millennial energy

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

This still holds true.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

oldpainless posted:

more like oldnevertheless

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

oldpainless posted:

I love it. People ten years younger still treat me as a peer, and it's infuriating.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

:corsair: kids today will never know the joy of moving a square around with a joystick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6-zN_eaRd8

I LOVED this game so much, and I'm always amazed at how games have evolved and how different video games are, compared to what I played as a kid :okboomer:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/F3KQDVT.mp4

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Nfcknblvbl posted:

This still holds true.

These days I feel like I'm more fighting this fight:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Barometer posted:

:corsair: kids today will never know the joy of moving a square around with a joystick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6-zN_eaRd8

I LOVED this game so much, and I'm always amazed at how games have evolved and how different video games are, compared to what I played as a kid :okboomer:

Yeah, that was a great game. The rush of adrenaline as you knew the dragon was getting closer was the first time I ever felt any kind of stakes in a video game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOQDtZg0sCo

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Kheldarn posted:

Yeah, that was a great game. The rush of adrenaline as you knew the dragon was getting closer was the first time I ever felt any kind of stakes in a video game.

Or the abject fear when that bat flew in to steal your poo poo!

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Paladinus posted:

I love it. People ten years younger still treat me as a peer, and it's infuriating.

I love it *immediately names thing they hate*

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

Barometer posted:

Or the abject fear when that bat flew in to steal your poo poo!

That brings back memories of the bat pulling off dick moves like flying in with a live dragon in tow then trading it for the sword (or worse still the chalice) that I'd just found.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Paladinus posted:

wait, do you think they would treat you BETTER if they knew you were older?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Nfcknblvbl posted:

This still holds true.

I think Hades was $25 on switch so :wrong:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
that's a console game, you fool, you absolute buffoon

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Kinda neat. Surprised I didn't hear about it. I remember reading a blurb about the Indrema from way back and it seemed incredible and too good to be true. It was definitely one of those

The craziest thing about the M2 is that despite not coming out as a console, Konami licensed the tech for some reason and made a handful of arcade games using it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCO9Cq0tYJg

For instance, here's their House of the Dead knockoff running on it.