Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Mikl posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaand she hosed up :ohno:

Wow I’m surprised she didn’t get smacked by both of them after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/new_game_ch82 new new game

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Yun got robbed. The worst concept won.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/less_than_friends_ch01

Just inject it into my veins.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

7c Nickel posted:

Yun got robbed. The worst concept won.

Honestly I'm more invested in her and Hajime's stuff right now than anything going on with Aoba or Momo. Those two feel like they're kinda treading water.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I was going to protest that New Game isn't a romance manga so this isn't the right thread, but then I remembered the bonus pages for Chapter 65.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/MangaMogura/status/1099707479544549383?s=19

aw yeah

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

I am ready for this.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did her other series finish? I started reading it but always end up lost with who was who lol

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

StandardVC10 posted:

I was going to protest that New Game isn't a romance manga so this isn't the right thread, but then I remembered the bonus pages for Chapter 65.

Still one of my favorite bits of that manga. :3:

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Reprint Wandering Son in English. :mad:
(I know, I know, it's not on them. Still.)

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I've been reading My Unrequited Love and man.

I like angsty romance, but the main character is so... Flat. She has nothing going on other than her crush.

What are some good angsty romance manga, preferably lesser known, preferably about already established relationships? :v:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

I've been reading My Unrequited Love and man.

I like angsty romance, but the main character is so... Flat. She has nothing going on other than her crush.

What are some good angsty romance manga, preferably lesser known, preferably about already established relationships? :v:

She gets a bit more character later when other relationships are introduced.

I am guessing you're probably already reading Living With My Brother's Wife.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tonari wa Nani o Kuu Hito zo - Horoyoi is still fun, I think I like this sequel better than the original since it's just chill slice of life couple stuff (and cooking). Had to laugh at the new chapter and how he's just casually undressing her while they talk through the first few pages

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

well honestly neither are a lot of things that get posted in this thread

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The shoujo, josei, shounen, seinen & romance thread

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/love_and_thirst#1

original oneshot from Paishen, the author of Those (really good) kanade & syuko doujins that got posted a while back. It has a punk character, ambiguous relationship and #aesthetic smoking so complete me bait, looks like it's part of an anthology of which the prompt seems to be explicit sex

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

What bait?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think (might be way off mark here and if I am, sorry for the confusion) the "bait" part was referring to the "depicting a character smoking in a somewhat down to earth but somewhat sensuous manner" aesthetic kinda thing..

Sort of something like this:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

D. Ebdrup posted:

What bait?

Dis bait

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

:glomp:

Not that I don't deserve it, but I just have to hope Wark doesn't probate me for such a particularily bad joke. :ohdear:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Puns are fine.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
important info

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Were they floppy discs that wide in the past???

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I have an actual IRL floppy disk in my hand right now and the dimensions check out

artist just made the metal cover thingy too wide and forgot it has to be able to slide to the left

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
to be fair most people alive today probably don't know that the metal clip on a floppy disk is supposed to slide

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

Were they floppy discs that wide in the past???

Get this: there were ones that were larger.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

3.5” discs aren't even floppy. 8 inch for life.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
It loving weirds me out that there's a generation of people who can instantly recognize a 3.5 inch floppy as the symbol for saving, but have no idea what it actually is.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

chumbler posted:

Get this: there were ones that were larger.

What the...

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

7c Nickel posted:

It loving weirds me out that there's a generation of people who can instantly recognize a 3.5 inch floppy as the symbol for saving, but have no idea what it actually is.

:yossame:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The 3 1⁄2" floppies aren't even as floppy as the 5 1⁄4" or the 8" ones, so the people who know it as the save icon will be even more confused if they're only handled the newest ones.
The comedy option, of course, is to hand them a MiniDisc.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it's really hosed up that just because GUIs became a big thing during the reign of 3.5" floppy, there's a permanent icon of those dumb things you'd only save to when there was absolutely no other way because data on floppies is the fragilest thing ever lol

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Truga posted:

it's really hosed up that just because GUIs became a big thing during the reign of 3.5" floppy, there's a permanent icon of those dumb things you'd only save to when there was absolutely no other way because data on floppies is the fragilest thing ever lol
That's because dumb businesses bought the ones that were built down to a price because the companies who made them ordered the manefacturing companies to cut costs.
8" and 5 1⁄4" are the disks which have the highest data safety guarenteed in the spec. 3 1⁄2 disks are lower build-quality to save on costs, so naturally they're not as good - even then, if they've been stored properly, it's not uncommon to hear people pulling data off 25 year old 3 1⁄2 floppies.

The biggest problem, quite frankly, is that bitrot can be completely silent. So you won't necessarily know whether the data you get off the disk is correct, unless it presents you with problems.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 26, 2019

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Well, it doesn't matter. Everyone is going to switch over to giant hard plastic encased discs in a few years.

Anime told me so!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Don't Copy That Floppy.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
New Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san :3:

The_White_Crane fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Feb 27, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
when my dad upgraded the family pc so we couldn't even use floppy discs anymore(our pc was oolllllddddd) and he backed up everything on the ones he had, he got a big block of styrofoam and we spent an afternoon throwing the 8 inch floppies like ninja stars into it, it ruled

get it just right and you can sink one of those suckers 3/4 of the way into styrofoam

edit: 8 inch, not 3.5 inch floppies

3.5 inch floppies don't work nearly as well as ninja stars, as any ninja turtle aficionado knows

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Feb 27, 2019

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

chumbler posted:

She gets a bit more character later when other relationships are introduced.

I am guessing you're probably already reading Living With My Brother's Wife.

Yeah, but I`m not actually sure if that second one is romance.

There are definitely heavy undertones, but it could really go either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

Yeah, but I`m not actually sure if that second one is romance.

Maybe you're right, but after the chapter that literally just dropped I'm less sure.