Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Wandle Cax posted:

Morgan is such a dummy that even when he might have some semblance of a point he makes himself look like such a dickhead expressing it that nobody will take him seriously. Hiring Plunket as his press guy certainly has not helped his cause either though it has provided some comedy gold on twitter

Geoff Simmons does great :smuggo: in this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
David Seymour is totally a true believer. Mates of mine went to school with him (you will never guess where) and I had a few chats with him at Shadows in the day. He was intellectually honest and was always good for drunk banter.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Nothing will ever beat 420 BLAZE IT VOTE WU-TANG but the graffiti on National billboards this time around is just savage

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

i reckon this one is a missed opportunity, considering the billboard is borderline 14 words.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

New Colmar Brunton is bad for Labour:

NAT 46% (+6)
LAB 37% (-7)
GRN 8% (+1)
NZF 5% (-1)
TOP 2% (NC)
MAO 1% (NC)
ACT 0.3%
Don't know 7%

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
13 point swing in one week. seems legit

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
:rip:

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Labour + Green still only 1 point behind National though

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Lol the Reid poll was probably accurate.

English gets a big 5% jump to be 6% ahead of Ardern in preferred PM, which is clearly the important info here.

e: daily gently caress TOP update https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/20-09-2017/mike-joy-i-wrote-a-facebook-status-and-top-called-it-an-endorsement/

El Pollo Blanco fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 20, 2017

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Lol the Reid poll was probably accurate.

English gets a big 5% jump to be 6% ahead of Ardern in preferred PM, which is clearly the important info here.

e: daily gently caress TOP update https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/20-09-2017/mike-joy-i-wrote-a-facebook-status-and-top-called-it-an-endorsement/

Editor’s note: As noted above, Mike Joy now acknowledges that he emailed TOP to discuss a statement, and TOP did not use his Facebook post without his permission.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

sebmojo posted:

Editor’s note: As noted above, Mike Joy now acknowledges that he emailed TOP to discuss a statement, and TOP did not use his Facebook post without his permission.

Plunket accused the Greens of abusing Joy into writing the Spinoff article, and Joy hasn't explicitly endorsed TOP even in the loving email Plunket provides.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
I didn't know there was a debate tonight

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Why is the blue one not national

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

So my missus works at Vodafone. Bill English asked to turn up and address the staff. No one went along and the execs sent out an email saying that people had to turn up. You may have seen the video of someone heckling him because of this. I am hoping the union has a field day with this poo poo.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I mean I dunno, maybe New Zealand is just a loving terrible country filled with lovely people who would rather thousands of brown people die than their rates go up 20c/week

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
It's hilarious that the $11 billion hole in Labour's budget claim even gets called out by Mike Hosking, and Bill still doubles down.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
27.2% adverts? What's wrong with your country?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
it's a bad country

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Lord of the Llamas posted:

27.2% adverts? What's wrong with your country?

read the thread

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

exmarx posted:

I didn't know there was a debate tonight

What, National's the designated driver? An unpleasant concept if ever there was one.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

National is a single glass of tepid water.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Anyway, it's kind of surprising how much English is lying.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

exmarx posted:

let's see how much difference that makes

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

What the hell is up with the polls.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Saros posted:

What the hell is up with the polls.

There's some talk about the collapse of landlines making polling hard.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

exmarx posted:

it's a bad country

:psyduck:

How are you supposed to debate anything when you're interrupted so frequently.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Our state broadcaster serves to maximise profits rather than provide any sort of public service.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

what political utopia are you from

Kt88
Aug 15, 2003
Woohoo another term of National I can't wait for all the amazing stuff Bill is gonna do that will totally turn the country around! Stuff like: nothing.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
lol at the entire media's response to English lying repeatedly about the fiscal hole is 'the debate was a draw'

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ratios and Tendency posted:

There's some talk about the collapse of landlines making polling hard.

I'd like to believe this, but I'm preparing for the worst.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Kt88 posted:

Woohoo another term of National I can't wait for all the amazing stuff Bill is gonna do that will totally turn the country around! Stuff like: nothing.

Countdown to him being rolled by Bennett or Collins after the safe non controversial option wins the election.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I'd like to believe this, but I'm preparing for the worst.
Yeah I am advance voting so I can spend the entire day getting blackout drunk. If I spend the day trying to follow on twitter or whatever, I'll drive myself loving insane.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

exmarx posted:

The whole "lie through your teeth and, if called, double down on it" is really loving concerning. It's the sort of campaigning you'd expect from the US, and it's disappointing that some of our political parties have cynically embraced this tactic - worse, it seems to be working.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Yeah I am advance voting so I can spend the entire day getting blackout drunk. If I spend the day trying to follow on twitter or whatever, I'll drive myself loving insane.

it'll be my Saturday morning, polls close at 8am my time. how early is too early to start drinking

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

redleader posted:

The whole "lie through your teeth and, if called, double down on it" is really loving concerning. It's the sort of campaigning you'd expect from the US, and it's disappointing that some of our political parties have cynically embraced this tactic - worse, it seems to be working.

The worst part is people believe this stuff just because they either are misinformed or just assume it's right because the pm is saying it. i'd like to believe those people are firm national supporters anyway. but apparently 13% of the country had decided on labour last week but suddenly changed their mind this week purely because of these outright lies from the pm's campaign.

Actually the worst part is the fact that this pathetic smear campaign is working though is probably just evidence that most people only care about getting a few dollars more in their pockets

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

redleader posted:

National literally hired campaign managers from the US to come down here and teach them how to run an American-style campaign in order to get John Key elected in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The fact that national are just outright lying in their attack ads really loving bothers me. Like it's not even a matter of political disagreement, they're just outright false.

• Locked thread