Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The trailer footage has some of the effects of the enhanced version according to digital foundry. But honestly I've looked at video of both side by side and been unable to tell which one is enhanced. Does the enhanced version have any differences apart from tweaked graphics? I'm basically interested in picking up Skyrim only if it includes the dlc from the original game since I never played the dlc.

Also Nintendo should let them put in a few Zelda enemies and weapons and clothing items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

The ps4 and Xbone ones were also 60 bucks.

You'll just have to hope for a sale.

I don't buy cartridge and Nintendo digital games rarely go on sale until a year or so later and even then it's like $10 off. Oh well, it's not that critical to me, there are plenty of other good games that will come out and will be worth paying full price for.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

a.lo posted:

Bought a Switch carrying case the other day and some stranger saw it and asked, "Hey, got your Switch in there?" Annoyed I simply told her no, I had just bought the case and that my Switch was at home at the moment. She then went on to say that she had a Switch and was enjoying it. I nodded my head in agreement and with the hope of buying this case I can take it with me more often. Later on she suggested that we ever meet again we should both bring our Switches. I simply said, "that would be okay" and exited the bus. That was almost a month ago and I have not seen that girl since.

holy poo poo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

a.lo posted:

Bought a Switch carrying case the other day and some stranger saw it and asked, "Hey, got your Switch in there?" Annoyed I simply told her no, I had just bought the case and that my Switch was at home at the moment. She then went on to say that she had a Switch and was enjoying it. I nodded my head in agreement and with the hope of buying this case I can take it with me more often. Later on she suggested that we ever meet again we should both bring our Switches. I simply said, "that would be okay" and exited the bus. That was almost a month ago and I have not seen that girl since.

The start of a Nintendo commercial moment, cut down by a goon.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Story is inconsistent.

"A few days ago" then "this was over a month ago"

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Amazon was being all coy with my Switch so I have gone with the great Nintendo Official UK option and my Switch has been dispatched :yeah:

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Real hurthling! posted:

then you want a collectible card case. like what mtg people keep their decks in. they are like sturdy plastic cigarette boxes available in various depths for practically nothing
(PS this is a real good idea)

Pakistani politics posted:

Cards games, what do i look like some kind of loving nerd? I just want something from Nintendo that costs 4x as much as other perfectly sensible alternatives , that has Pikachu or Mario's famous hat on it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you're a dumb idiot who thinks nothing good is coming out this week, think again and get Wonderboy.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Kashuno posted:

If you're a dumb idiot who thinks nothing good is coming out this week, think again and get Wonderboy.

Actually don't do this, but do buy shovel knight a legit good game. Also buy neo turf masters

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Actually don't do this, but do buy shovel knight a legit good game. Also buy neo turf masters

Except neither of those come out this week so aren't relevant to my post :v:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Kashuno posted:

Except neither of those come out this week so aren't relevant to my post :v:

They are here and wonderful though :angel:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

a.lo posted:

lmbo

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
I'm thinking about replaying BotW sometime but with some sort of fun challenge, like no fast travel or something. Any ideas?

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

a.lo posted:

Girl had normal sized eyes was not an anime 7/10 would not bang. Sad!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

pippy posted:

I'm thinking about replaying BotW sometime but with some sort of fun challenge, like no fast travel or something. Any ideas?

No paraglider except where required

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

a.lo posted:

:goonsay:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

News on a Smash port yet?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

pippy posted:

No eating in battles, no stasis+, no cooking hearty foods, disable all divine abilities, no cashing in orbs for heart containers. But maybe wait for the hard mode that's coming in like 2 months and see if any of that is covered.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

pippy posted:

Waypoint is doing a 3 life permadeath run, could be fun. https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/playing-legend-zelda-breath-wild-3-lives-nintendo-switch/58dbb62d2537ada8143afd80 (there's currently 3 videos of it). They removed fast travelling during a fall as an option, and when they fail to win in 3 lives they add another rule/challenge.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Does the full version of Puyo Puyo Tetris have the option to increase AI difficulty? All I've found in the demo is the handicap setting, and all that seems to do is make my pieces drop faster.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Discount Viscount posted:

My BotW combat strategy is primarily run away and drop a bomb behind me so that hasn't been too much of a problem.

You can lock on and backflip at the same time you pull out a bomb and it looks like link poops out a bomb

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

For real lol

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

pippy posted:

There's literally a hard mode coming out in summer.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Dugong posted:

Amazon was being all coy with my Switch so I have gone with the great Nintendo Official UK option and my Switch has been dispatched :yeah:

You too huh.
I'm not getting a Switch at market price before the fall of western civilization am I?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ChrisBTY posted:

You too huh.
I'm not getting a Switch at market price before the fall of western civilization am I?

I mean I got lucky and got one from Best Buy a few weeks back. Just keep your eye out, they'll probably be restocking especially when MK8d comes out. With any luck you'll be able to get one within the next mon....

...oh, right, Trump. Yeah, maybe blow all your money if you want to enjoy BotW before we are all vaporized in nuclear fire.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pippy posted:

Iron Man 100% run.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I played mr shifty at my friends house on his switch this weekend, and I had an enjoyable gaming experience

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Before the years end we'll be seeing no damage full clears of BOTW.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My best buy had like 20 the other day so they're not super scarce.

Guy A. Person posted:

...oh, right, Trump. Yeah, maybe blow all your money if you want to enjoy BotW before we are all vaporized in nuclear fire.

Also this. Start hoarding water and ammo or play BotW. You'll have the same chance of survival if a bunker isn't in your budget.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

a.lo posted:

i hate you. i hate you i hate you i hate you i hate you

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001
The newest Noclip Documentary is about Spelunky.

I really want Spelunky on this thing.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Ohvee posted:

Good news then, they released "Minna de Waiwai! Spelunker" in Japan! :v:

What do you mean it's not the same thing?!?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

a.lo posted:

Sorry it wasn't a cute boy instead :smith:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ohvee posted:

What's Noclip? Is that similar to the stuff Mark Brown does?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Is Wonder Boy getting a physical release?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Is Wonder Boy getting a physical release?

Nope digital only. MonsterBoy may get a physical release but they aren't sure yet

With the Namco Mueseum coming out I'm hoping someone makes 3D printed small arcade cabinets you can slot the Switch into in the vertical orientation and have something you can click a joycon into that'll give it a little arcade stick on the analog stick and big arcade buttons :3:

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 17, 2017

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

katkillad2 posted:

BotW is my favorite Zelda and maybe my favorite game ever... but graphically impressive it is not. And that is okay!

I must be out of the loop by not having a PS4/Xbone, but Zelda is jaw droppingly gorgeous to me. I'm continually flabbergasted by how good it looks, so I don't understand this kind of talk.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think the closest comparison to BOTW would
Be Horizon Zero Dawn and that game is loving gorgeous.

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001

parallelodad posted:

What's Noclip? Is that similar to the stuff Mark Brown does?
Danny O'Dwyer from Gamespot left a few months ago to make some video game documentaries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv434Xyybqc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I must be out of the loop by not having a PS4/Xbone, but Zelda is jaw droppingly gorgeous to me. I'm continually flabbergasted by how good it looks, so I don't understand this kind of talk.

BotW looks amazing. They have an art style that really fits into the world and aesthetic they were going for. Games can and do look better on Xbox/PS4 but those games just have hi-res textures and shadows. Very rarely do they have this all inclusive vision for their visual design.

• Locked thread