Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

What about live vegetables?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I added a rule to the OP: do not post pictures of anyone eating live animals.

But Brian is an animated character, and the fellatio invitation was a humorous double entendre.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Raw oysters are live animals when eaten

Not lively animals like those tortured boozefish though

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Olewithmilk posted:

https://youtu.be/KmK0bZl4ILM?si=lg0rMYGlZD7HLdNA

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

maybeadracula posted:

I don't think anyone should eat raw oysters either tbh.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Olewithmilk posted:

Call any vegetable, and the chances are good that a vegetable will respond to you.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I have eaten raw oysters, prairie oysters, and Rocky Mountain oysters. I recommend against all of them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The big question on my mind is, do prairie oysters cure hangovers? I can't imagine any other reason to try one.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
They do not.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Mymla posted:

I don't think anyone should eat raw oysters either tbh.
Other side of the coin: oysters are vegan actually.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Moral veganism is always a bit of an illusion when you consider the zillions of critters killed by farming vs someone who kills like one elk and their family eats it for a year

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

maybeadracula posted:

One of the other mods found a Dailymotion version of that video which said they were leeches. I don't think eating a leech is much different than eating an oyster, but I had to google "dead fish reanimated by beer" and i did not enjoy doing that. I don't want to have to do research to see if something is or is not animal abuse.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

One of the other mods found a Dailymotion version of that video which said they were leeches. I don't think eating a leech is much different than eating an oyster, but I had to google "dead fish reanimated by beer" and i did not enjoy doing that. I don't want to have to do research to see if something is or is not animal abuse.

Oh for sure, it's really easy to avoid posting any edge cases so we should all just do that

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I’ll bite. This is incredibly stupid and just plain wrong.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Some vegans even eat roadkill.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

As a freegan, I just set up on the shoulder of the highway

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Any animal without a spine is basically just a fancy plant.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It would've been morally correct to eat Lowtax :hmmyes:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Olewithmilk posted:

Technically the process of life and death for plants is a lot harder to nail down. A lot of plants can just have parts taken off and then grafted onto other plants and then those parts just still work, and you'll have a different plant just growing connected to the same root system. Potatoes famously if left sitting long enough will just grow out some roots looking for soil.

I think a lot of plants are probably still "alive" when you eat them. Especially if they still have leaves and chlorophyll, those cells could still be functional in a similar way to when they were connected to the rest of the plant.

axolotl farmer posted:

I’ll bite. This is incredibly stupid and just plain wrong.

Eh, veganism as a whole is entirely based on drawing an arbitrary line between some foods and other foods, so I don't think it makes any real difference if you wiggle that line around a bit arbitrarily.

I also have always hated the word "vegan" and its origins of some dingus taking the first and last part of the word "vegetarian".

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Here's an expert's opinion on moral veganism, to educate y'all.

quote:

As Grimes explains, "I love hot dogs because they don't kill cows for hot dogs, so you can eat hot dogs without guilt if you need meat but you still have vegan tendencies, or you want to try to avoid creating demand for stuff because it's just all the waste, it's all the extra product, so I'm a huge proponent of hot dogs actually, and it is the best-tasting meat as well, so it's basically a win-win."

But Grimes isn't really a fan of fruit and veg, saying, "I basically hate everything besides carbs and fat."

She explains, "I had this thing where I was 'vegan' and I had this thing where I was like the only reliable food was spaghetti, so I was only eating spaghetti for like a year or two years. Then I was just like so sick and my hair actually stopped growing and I went to the doctor and the doctor was like, you are actually malnourished from not eating vegetables or meat and just eating spaghetti for two years."

Lastly, Grimes eats this crazy thing called "butter toast."

"I make this thing called butter toast," she says. "Which is where I melt a stick of butter on a plate and then I put toast on it and then turn the toast over so it's like the toast is completely saturated in butter, and then I put a little bit of jam on that and eat that."

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

what in the world

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Elviscat posted:

Canadian vegans are also allowed to eat beavers.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oh man, I've been making butter toast wrong this whole time. A bite off the stick, then a bite off the toast, what was I thinking?? :negative:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Elviscat posted:

Jesus christ those kids have no chance no matter who “wins” them do they

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

hot dogs don't come from cows, they come from the store :colbert:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
of course she just eats hot dogs, noodles, and bread. how could it be anything other.

moral veganism means you can eat pig assholes though, so go hog wild.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

having a hearty lol imagining a vegan cruise line run by Grimes

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
She's a complete nutter but given the world we live in, hot dogs and spam are probably more ethical calories than almonds or many factory farmed vegetables, depending on your metrics

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The world's most ethical food is the Costco hot dog.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Everything is vegan if you hide from god's gaze when eating

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Grand Fromage posted:

Is there anything it can't do?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Captain Hygiene posted:

It would've been morally correct to eat Lowtax :hmmyes:

Fortunately everyone here was eating his rear end out so no one got infected with his brainworms.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Grand Fromage posted:

steinrokkan posted:

Everything is vegan if you hide from god's gaze when eating
What's the uh vegan status of the Garfield "coffee" strip? Asking for a friend.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

FFT posted:

What's the uh vegan status of the Garfield "coffee" strip? Asking for a friend.

It's bringing more animal life into the world, you can't get more vegan than that

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
I'm at the local hospital because of a traditional Xmas holiday ED visit, and I am delighted to be able to report to this thread:

Kebabs. Hospital kebabs.

Honorary mention to the weird amount of tuna in the vending machines.

Trip report dependent on how long I'm here I guess?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

I'm at the local hospital because of a traditional Xmas holiday ED visit, and I am delighted to be able to report to this thread:

Kebabs. Hospital kebabs.

Sorry about your soft penis

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Kebabs. Hospital kebabs.

No photos?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

When I was last in hospital I had very nice egg sandwiches. Time before that I had liver and onions, which I might be the only person my age in the UK who actually likes that.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Got a case of the ol Christmas Dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Sorry about your soft penis

If u think my penis is soft about hospital kebabs u have wildly underestimated how i about kebabs bro