Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Dante Logos posted:

So Marvalous is shutting down the IMAGINE servers sometime in the future. What this means for the game? No clue.

CAVE won't be giving support to non Japanese players and Marvelous still owns the rights and no one will buy that. It's dead.

Considering how buggy the game has been and how much it has been milked to death for money, it is a mercy kill, really.

That's even after playing it for years. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
God damnit where's the Europe release of SMT4? poo poo's ridiculous

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Dante Logos posted:

So Marvalous is shutting down the IMAGINE servers sometime in the future. What this means for the game? No clue.

Man, that sucks. I haven't played it in ages, but i'm gonna miss my lv91 anyway.

SMTIV never hitting Europe also sucks.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I was gonna get a US 3DS to avoid having to deal with the inevitable year-long wait for Persona Q anyway, might as well use it for SMT4 as well.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

ManOfTheYear posted:

God damnit where's the Europe release of SMT4? poo poo's ridiculous

I think we're probably never going to get it at this point.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I posted this in the 3DS and Vita threads as well, but Atlus USA is publishing Conception 2 in Europe in Q2 this year.

This should bode well for Europeans. Maybe if you buy lots of copies of Conception, Atlus will handle SMTIV themselves.

Proto Cloud
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe next year...

Jakuzure Nonon posted:

SMTIV never hitting Europe also sucks.

They're doing you a favor, game is overrated anyway. Get Bravely Default or Soulhackers instead, they're far better.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Proto Cloud posted:

They're doing you a favor, game is overrated anyway. Get Bravely Default or Soulhackers instead, they're far better.

What?

Edit: Wait, you and I had this exact same conversation a while back in this thread, let's not retread that.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Soul Hackers is a good game except for the bugs which I never encountered, or the 3 demons that know level-down skills.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/mind-zero/113701

Not Persona now has a release date of May 27th

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Armor-Piercing posted:

I posted this in the 3DS and Vita threads as well, but Atlus USA is publishing Conception 2 in Europe in Q2 this year.

This should bode well for Europeans. Maybe if you buy lots of copies of Conception, Atlus will handle SMTIV themselves.

Buy a likely delayed eShop only version of Conception 2 at +$10 in the hope that we may get SMT4 some time in the next year :(

Nope. Importing the US Vita version.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Dehry posted:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/mind-zero/113701

Not Persona now has a release date of May 27th
Wait, they're actually bringing that over? poo poo, I thought its terrible reception made the developers give up on the series.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Aksys will publish anything, apparently.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I thought the reception to mind/zero was at least somewhat positive?

Captain Failcon
Jul 19, 2008

dill with it
Please don't buy Soul Hackers if you're waiting for SMT4. It was not a very good game at launch, nor has it aged particularly well. Some of the worst combat I've ever experienced in a JRPG alongside the dreadfully droll dungeons makes it one of the worst SMT games I've experienced. You would definitely get a better experience from an Etrian Odyssey game or, if you want a good SMT spinoff game, Devil Survivor. The only good things I would say about Soul Hackers is the amount of unique demons they brought back from older, deader series (Lucifrost from Demikids, etc etc.)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I thought the reception to mind/zero was at least somewhat positive?

I haven't heard anything good from anyone that actually played it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Captain Failcon posted:

Please don't buy Soul Hackers if you're waiting for SMT4. It was not a very good game at launch, nor has it aged particularly well. Some of the worst combat I've ever experienced in a JRPG alongside the dreadfully droll dungeons makes it one of the worst SMT games I've experienced. You would definitely get a better experience from an Etrian Odyssey game or, if you want a good SMT spinoff game, Devil Survivor. The only good things I would say about Soul Hackers is the amount of unique demons they brought back from older, deader series (Lucifrost from Demikids, etc etc.)

Actually, Soul Hackers is cool as hell, and i really need to get around to finishing it someday.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The only thing I heard about Mind Zero was that the game ends in what should be the middle with a sequel hook.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Rinkles posted:

I haven't heard anything good from anyone that actually played it.

Oh well that sucks, I was kind of hyped for it, ah well.

Captain Failcon posted:

Yeah I agree with this, the game is mind numbingly easy to the point that the combat just isn't fun at all and the dungeons were bland and tedious rather than having actual interesting mechanics like say, Wizardry. I went in knowing it was a product of its time and still ended up disappointed.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
I'll go out and pick it up at Tsutaya if the thread needs a guinea pig to see if it's actually not-garbage. I need more Vita carts anyway.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Captain Failcon posted:

I personally liked Soul Hackers. The combat was pretty fun and the story was alright, although a bit dated.

But I'm curious: am I the only person who had a bit of trouble with the random encounters in that game? :ohdear:

Captain Failcon
Jul 19, 2008

dill with it

Jakuzure Nonon posted:

Actually, Soul Hackers is cool as hell, and i really need to get around to finishing it someday.

It has a great OST and the story was kind of neat but it's not an enjoyable game by any means. Practically every SMT game before Nocturne is unplayable due to the fact that at their core, early SMT games are just lovely dungeon crawlers with the only thing going for them is the Demon Recruitment and some amazing music (and Kazuma Kaneko.)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I thought Soul Hackers was OK, albeit way too easy. I went probably 80% of the game with no demons in use at all.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I still can't believe we got loving Soul Hackers but still no SMT IV :negative:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The only thing I liked from Soul Hackers was the Raidou bonus fight, the plot is kind of contrived, there's barely any character interaction and Nyssa utterly destroys any difficulty that the game it could have.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
So AGTP announced they're starting work on the SNES remake of the original Megaten games. Look forward to that, I guess.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Justin_Brett posted:

So AGTP announced they're starting work on the SNES remake of the original Megaten games. Look forward to that, I guess.

Are they still doing if...?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They're still doing a lot of projects, if among them.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nGWEb5QxGA

This has been a thing going around.

E: It's internet arguments that people paid 5bux for a real live person to say. This one is Persona related.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 31, 2014

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Soul Hackers is the 90s-iest thing ever, and as such I love it, warts and all.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Persona Q Friday update. The two new characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ureKV2Z9G-4

Rei translated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjxQjW6RCeM

Zen translated

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

"Quick! Hide in my coat!"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Kind of unrelated but:

Rumors about Atlus localizating Yakuza 5

Atlus becoming the branch of Sega to localizate all of their niche or lof profile titles would be the greatest thing :allears:

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Kind of unrelated but:

Rumors about Atlus localizating Yakuza 5

Atlus becoming the branch of Sega to localizate all of their niche or lof profile titles would be the greatest thing :allears:

Nah it wouldn't Atlus don't publish outside of Japan/NA so they are by far not the greatest choice of publisher.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

jtm33 posted:

Nah it wouldn't Atlus don't publish outside of Japan/NA so they are by far not the greatest choice of publisher.

As long as it's not 3DS/Wii U you can import though.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

3DS is hot stuff in Japan at the moment, it is a genuine concern.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
All I'm really hearing here is "more reasons to sell your EU 3DS and import a US one"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah, at worst you might get it ten months later like Persona 4 Arena.

Ugh.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, at worst you might get it ten months later like Persona 4 Arena.

Ugh.

Do not talk to me about The Only Region-locked Game In The Entire PS3 Library in this, the Year of Persona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
As an early buyer of the 3DS it had been a weird timeline of: Oh it's no problem that I have a Europe 3DS! The few games out right now worth playing are all released here, and I can always buy local second-hand copies! Then a bunch of Atlus games and other America-only announcements almost tipped me over the edge in selling and buying a new 3DS but in a Nintendo Direct a bunch were given local dates. Add a few good Nintendo Europe promotions giving free games and I was appeased. Now it is starting up again with the Rune Factory 4 cancellation and no news from SMT4 and all the excellent sales you guys get prices here remaining stuck over $40.

If I could find a place to buy a US 3DS for under $150 I would jump on it.